Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

MCO to Port Question

Hi All.

Now that I have 3 friends joining us on our August cruise it is probably much cheaper to take private transportation.

With 2 adults and 4 kids we can probably do alot better than a combined $420 DCL will cost.

Any advice or recommendations for transportation from MCO?

I have my DCL transfers paid for already so I assume cancelling I'll get an OBC?

I'm all discombobulated again now that I have to reorganize to include my friend and his 2 DD's.

Now I'm also wondering if we should cancel the MCO Hyatt and stay closer to the Port. Any suggestions on hotels that are better than others?

When it was just me I kept it safe and simple.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014

Last edited by baleeve; 06-14-2013 at 12:01 PM.
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
mordecai
Mouseketeer

This question came up a little bit ago. You can go far cheaper if you're willing to miss the "experience" of the Disney bus trip from MCO to the port. We've used a private transport called Bond Motor Company many times as we have a condo in Orlando that we fly to semi-frequently. They have good rates and they speak English. Here's their web site http://www.bondmotorco.com/

For 6 people you'd probably need an SUV/Van (we usually use an SUV for the 6 of us) and it's right around $250, before tip.

Another option is to rent a car but that may be a little bit of a hassle for one day.
mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
baleeve

Thank you for your response.

I don't know how to delete this thread....

We booked a rental car from Hertz and are staying in Cape Canaveral

Thanks again.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
Old 06-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Where are you staying in Cape Canaveral? We have stayed at Marriott Residence Inn several times and really enjoy the hotel. Nice pool, great staff, great suite rooms and complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. Close to the port.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
baleeve

Hi MJ

I booked Country Inn and Suites through AAA it was less than Marriott We wont get there until close to bedime but knowing im"right here" in the morning makes me happy.

I'm so glad I have my friend going. I feel much better now that I'm not solo.

Thanks for the tip about Marriott.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

The CI&S is located right next door to the Hertz office. (It's also right next door to the Residence Inn.)

I've really liked the Hertz office the two times I've used them in Cape Canaveral.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
TD913
Earning My Ears

We cruise July 6th. Rented an SUV though budget. Googled a promo code and got it for $48.00 a day. There are four of us. So this is a much cheaper option than any other transportation.
TD913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The CI&S is located right next door to the Hertz office. (It's also right next door to the Residence Inn.)

I've really liked the Hertz office the two times I've used them in Cape Canaveral.
This is GREAT to hear. Thank you jcarwash!

I hadn't even checked on the location in relation to each other so I'm so glad it will be easy. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Having the mini van to get groceries (water for me and beer for him) will also be great.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD913 View Post
We cruise July 6th. Rented an SUV though budget. Googled a promo code and got it for $48.00 a day. There are four of us. So this is a much cheaper option than any other transportation.
The SUV said it sat 5 and we have 6 so it was either a Expedition or Mini Van. The Expedition was $60 more. So van it is.

I got it for $110 which didn't seem too bad. I may keep shopping to see if I can get it even lower....knowing me...I WILL!

Old 06-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
TD913
Earning My Ears

Haha. Keep trying. That rate took me hours to come across!!
TD913 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: