Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #871
masonjar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Driving to the MK is the pits! I hated it and always rely on the buses to get us there (and to all of the other parks as well). But, in your situation, I can see your reasoning in driving. My mother, who is 79, had no issues, whatsoever, taking the buses to and from the parks by herself. There's enough signage on the buses and the park bus stops that I think everybody should be fine making their own way to the Magic Kingdom even if ya'll did get split up.
I do dread the drive. My plans for the day are to hit the park early and then take a mid-day break. We then all have reservations at 'Ohana at 5:05 (and then evening in the park). I know the afternoon trip over I am going to suggest everyone ride the bus on their own as we may all be different places at that point. How bad is the CBR bus line back to the resort at closing from MK?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #872
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonjar View Post
I do dread the drive. My plans for the day are to hit the park early and then take a mid-day break. We then all have reservations at 'Ohana at 5:05 (and then evening in the park). I know the afternoon trip over I am going to suggest everyone ride the bus on their own as we may all be different places at that point. How bad is the CBR bus line back to the resort at closing from MK?
It can get bad but no worse than what we saw at the end of the day for Port Orleans or Art of Animation (it was absolutely ridiculous!) as well as other resorts . We usually wait about 45 minutes to an hour after closing before we leave so that we don't get into the mad rush back to the resort.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #873
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I think I'll miss taking the ferryboat to MK, as we always stayed offsite before and had to drive in. Going straight to the MK from our resort will be nice though.
Oh no, you won't! I can almost guarantee it. You're going to be surprised at how convenient it is to take the bus and skipping the tram and ferry. The lines for the ferry were so long a couple of weeks ago and I was so happy that I didn't have to get in that line.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #874
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonjar
How bad is the CBR bus line back to the resort at closing from MK?
No worse than any other resort. We always find a bench and people watch for 30 minutes or so. Then we just about walk onto a bus.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #875
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No worse than any other resort. We always find a bench and people watch for 30 minutes or so. Then we just about walk onto a bus.
Same with us. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't believe the lines for the Port Orleans resorts or the Art of Animation. The AOA line was ridiculously long at the Magic Kingdom. The people wound around every bit of the waiting area and stretched all the way down the side of the construction wall.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #876
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I think I'll miss taking the ferryboat to MK, as we always stayed offsite before and had to drive in. Going straight to the MK from our resort will be nice though.
Just try and keep yourself from getting all tingly when your bus pulls around that last corner heading into MK and the sound system fires up with the Mickey Mouse Club song...not possible! And this from a girl who's been on almost as many trips to WDW as she is years old (in other words, a LOT)
Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #877
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
Just try and keep yourself from getting all tingly when your bus pulls around that last corner heading into MK and the sound system fires up with the Mickey Mouse Club song...not possible! And this from a girl who's been on almost as many trips to WDW as she is years old (in other words, a LOT)
It's all the little touches that make Disney so special. Only 67 more days to go til we're there
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #878
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I thought that I'd do an update on what I was told about the possible refurb. I have done several online chats (they are popping up while I am perusing the Disney site) and each time, the castmembers have been very nice and have looked around for a possible room refurb notation. The closest that I came to getting anything close to a confirmation was today when a castmember told me that if a "mock" room or rooms had been done, that's a good indication that a room makeover is coming. She posted that the housekeepers were usually the first to know and added "chuckle". Not sure if that's an indication that guests who are there now (or in the future) should ask their housekeeper or what she meant by that.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-13-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #879
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought that I'd do an update on what I was told about the possible refurb. I have done several online chats (they are popping up while I am perusing the Disney site) and each time, the castmembers have been very nice and have looked around for a possible room refurb. The closest that I came to getting anything close to a confirmation was today when a castmember told me that if a "mock" room or rooms had been done, that's a good indication that a room makeover is coming. She posted that the housekeepers were usually the first to know and added "chuckle". Not sure if that's an indication that guests who are there now (or in the future) should ask their housekeeper or what she meant by that.
When's your next TR update??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #880
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
When's your next TR update??

Should be today!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #881
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Should be today!
Good!! I want to see and hear all about CBR!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #882
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

CBR - Adults only trip!

Hi everyone!

After reading all 59 pages, I've decided to join in the fun (although I am not sure if I am posting correctly). DH & I are heading to CBR for the last week of September. This is my first time back to WDW in over 10 years, the first trip without my son (now 23) and the first time with my DH (just married this past February).

Lots of great tips on this board but two questions that I would like help on:

1) we are ordering "adult beverages" and breakfast items from garden grocer. It sounds like 1/2 gallons will fit on the fridge door. Can it accomodate 750 ml bottles of wine?

2) there are two days in our week which are designated "no park" days - relax by the pool, etc. On those days we have dinner reservations at the Boardwalk and the Polynesian. If we miss the bus back to a park (our Boardwalk reservation isn't until 7:45 p.m.), are there taxis at resorts?

Many thanks for all the wonderful posts and advice!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #883
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85

1) we are ordering "adult beverages" and breakfast items from garden grocer. It sounds like 1/2 gallons will fit on the fridge door. Can it accomodate 750 ml bottles of wine?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85
2) there are two days in our week which are designated "no park" days - relax by the pool, etc. On those days we have dinner reservations at the Boardwalk and the Polynesian. If we miss the bus back to a park (our Boardwalk reservation isn't until 7:45 p.m.), are there taxis at resorts?

Many thanks for all the wonderful posts and advice!
There are taxis at the ready at all the resorts. If you don't see one talk to Bell Services and they will get you one.

Hope you have a great trip!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #884
ertrader
Earning My Ears

Hi all -

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful answers here, hopefully you have a couple more

What time should we look to catch a bus for a 8:45 reservation at Crystal Palace? This is before the park opens (not a EMH day), how does this work? From what I can gather, the park is supposed to open at 9:00 but may open earlier? And there is some kind of opening ceremony or something?

And on a unrelated note, my wife loves any kind of fruity, frozen beverage. What do you guys recommend from the Banana Cabana?
Old 06-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #885
mapmakerj
DIS Veteran

At CBR right now for our first stay here and, so far, we are really liking it. We are in Jamaica and I can report our room has the white bedspreads, the Nemo ones are gone. No other changes to the room from all the recent pics I have seen. Can see some exterior painting being done but nothing else.
6/09-Celebrated my and DH's 40th BD's for 14 nights (9 Swan & 5 RPR)
10/06-1st MNSSHP-AKL;12/04-DS's 1st trip-AKL;9/98-1st trip to WDW for 2nd Honeymoon-offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: