Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #136
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Interesting tidbit about GF: Unless they were doing something temporarily different, the lobby smelled JUST like BC / YC. Wonder what's up with the "lobby scents" since I was just reading about the change to the Poly?
They pipe smells into the lobbies? I didn't realize that! How cool!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #137
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon!!! Steven had his 2nd appt for neuro psych re-eval today. Then dropped him home, got a pork butt in the oven for pulled pork tonight (for a Jewish girl, I make a mean pulled pork, lol) and now grabbing lunch with Sarah and running to Target and Publix. Will be back latter to catch up

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #138
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette: I'm so glad we got to try the GF Cafe finally. I can see why Sarah loved to go there. It was a wonderful way to take a break during the day.

Interesting tidbit about GF: Unless they were doing something temporarily different, the lobby smelled JUST like BC / YC. Wonder what's up with the "lobby scents" since I was just reading about the change to the Poly?
Hmmmm......just pondering a change too.....DH HATES the GF smell....if it's better

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good afternoon!!! Steven had his 2nd appt for neuro psych re-eval today. Then dropped him home, got a pork butt in the oven for pulled pork tonight (for a Jewish girl, I make a mean pulled pork, lol) and now grabbing lunch with Sarah and running to Target and Publix. Will be back latter to catch up

HUGS,
Melissa

YUM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I've only really noticed it at Poly and GF, but it's lovely

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #139
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
HRH has a mature kindness about her, she always has. She isn't always nice to her sisters, but when they are upset...she is the consoler. She took a likeness to Dear Sarah, and remembers the sweet postcards she received. Not to mention the texting back and forth when we were at GF café in November

I had a dream last night DH resigned from his job, he's VERY unhappy there lately....so I am kind of like if this is our last vacation for a bit....where will we be the happiest.....I think I made a good choice!
There are some discounts then...a few blackout dates. But what a wonderful time to visit

Poor DS12 has his 6th grade pool party today. The rain cleared BUT it's only in the 60s I think
Awww...always love hearing about HRH.
I hope things work out with your dh's job. In the meantime, your are the queen of vacation planning! You guys will have a great time!
That may be a short stay in the pool, Brrr....

Quote:
Forgot to mention, last night, only back for less-than 24 hours and I purchased a pair of shoes for our next trip. (I almost wiped out on about 4 occasions with the Disney flip flops during the rain because I didn't wear my Teva Mush which happen to turn into sponges in the rain -- we all know my track record with sidewalks so I'm really proud of myself that I managed to not eat pavement. Those Disney ones have got ZERO tread. )

GG: It's been a strange summer here so far, temps all over the place. The tornado that went through here the day we were flying back paid a visit to the town just south of us.
Those torrential downpours are so hard on shoes! Glad you found a new pair.

Our summer weather here has been just crazy, too. Cool, then storms, hot for a few days, then cool. Wish it would just settle down. I want to go to the pool, but it needs to be a warm sunny day. Where's my summer??

------------------------------------------------------

I am so far behind, it's sad. I am trying to back read, though. It all started when we were talking about our upcoming WDW vacation and dh said he really just wanted to land and get settled. We have a 6am flight down now, yikes! So, goodbye split, hello change the resort reservation and dining.
Unfortunately, I chose a very bad time to do this change, dining wise. The last couple of days nearly everything I tried to book showed up with wacky times...and not just a little wacky, they were always 2 or three hours off.

Finally last night and today I was able to rebook everything, cancel the messed up ones. Whew!!
Now we are at BWI CL the whole time. The outline of the first weekend of F&W came out, so I was able to sort of co-ordinate our dining with what I think we'll do (based on availability.) It's all good now!

And in other news, our anniversary was last week, 33 years. Dh was on a business trip, so we waited to exchange cards, celebrate. In the meantime, I thought I'd try to order a bottle of wine I know that he really likes.

He's only had it twice, and it's not available here. It's from a small winery in California. I placed the order online, and one of the owners called me to let me know shipping details. Pretty funny when his name popped up on my caller id. We met him a few years ago at a dinner where his wine was featured.

Anyway, the box got here, and I just quietly put it in the rack. Dh finally discovered it last night. So cute, and very sweet! He wondered how I managed to find it. We're going to enjoy it Sunday with our dinner. It was such fun surprising him.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #140
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Oh my.... thinking about a change.....
This is what I have: July 5 - 8...AK pool view July 8 - 12 BC Standard room, CL
This is what I'm thinking... BC GV July 5 - 8 and July 8 - 12 AK standard room CL

Keeping in mind that there are no parks happening on this trip.....It's $282 more, but I am drawn to the CL and savanna view at AK .....What to do? What to do?.....arrgh..and I though I was done....silliness! Thoughts?

Last edited by Willows909; 06-14-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: dates...
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #141
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Yep! They use a fancy little system from Enviroscent. The Poly was so lovely, I'm really hoping they haven't changed it.

Quote:

HUGS,
Melissa
Did the appt go well?

What time is dinner? I'll be right over.

Quote:
Hmmmm......just pondering a change too.....DH HATES the GF smell....if it's better
Your hubby should be very pleased then if it's a permanent scent change. I did ask my hubs when we were walking up the stairs in the lobby if it was just me or if it smelled nice in there for once. ( Don't hit me, don't hit me. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #142
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Gwynne: 33 years for us as well...Happy Anniversary!

Pas130: Hope things work out with your hubby as well...no fun not being happy with your work..makes for long days!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #143
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Missoutandabout: Glad you got home safe and sound...weather is crazy in New England...finally a sunny day today after what seems like too many rainy days...

Mousemommy1: sound like great dates..just a bit longer wait, but of course there could be many, many changes between now and then!!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #144
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Gwynne: 33 years for us as well...Happy Anniversary!
Hi Willow,
Thank you! Congratulations to you, too!!

TY Kook
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #145
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Finally last night and today I was able to rebook everything, cancel the messed up ones. Whew!!
Now we are at BWI CL the whole time. The outline of the first weekend of F&W came out, so I was able to sort of co-ordinate our dining with what I think we'll do (based on availability.) It's all good now!

And in other news, our anniversary was last week, 33 years. Dh was on a business trip, so we waited to exchange cards, celebrate. In the meantime, I thought I'd try to order a bottle of wine I know that he really likes.

He's only had it twice, and it's not available here. It's from a small winery in California. I placed the order online, and one of the owners called me to let me know shipping details. Pretty funny when his name popped up on my caller id. We met him a few years ago at a dinner where his wine was featured.

Anyway, the box got here, and I just quietly put it in the rack. Dh finally discovered it last night. So cute, and very sweet! He wondered how I managed to find it. We're going to enjoy it Sunday with our dinner. It was such fun surprising him.
Awww, happy belated anniversary to you and yours, Ginny! That's funny he found it whilst snooping in the wine rack. You're such an excellent planner, ya know?

Speaking of, I need to go and find the F&W info you've mentioned.

Quote:
This is what I'm thinking... BC GV July 5 - 8 and AK standard room CL

Keeping in mind that there are no parks happening on this trip.....It's $282 more, but I am drawn to the CL and savanna view at AK .....What to do? What to do?.....arrgh..and I though I was done....silliness! Thoughts?
Ooooh, I'd definitely go with the second plan. Have you done BC CL before? I think the food offerings at AKL sound much more exciting than what they offer at BC (not that I've done AKL-CL but I certainly wouldn't mind!) All that said, we adore BC -- just not CL; it's really our favorite resort. (The CL staff is great just a bit "meh" on the food.)
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #146
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wookie - your WL then boat idea is good or The boat to POR then bus to MK...I know the buses at DTD can be ridiculous at times!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I talked to the DH about it last night and he doesn't want to do the WL idea. Since we've stayed there, he knows what the walk from the bus to the boat is like and it is further than he wants to walk before heading into a park. Now he's thinking about canceling the Ragland Road ADR. We've never been into the GF and it is the one resort he's always wanted to stay at. We're thinking about changing it to lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. If we did that, as soon as we checked in, we would take the bus to the MK, and then either take the monorail or boat to the GF. Silly me, here I thought all of our changing around with this trip was done.

Quote:
And yep, bus to CR and walk to MK is perfect
I actually suggested that to him, but he had the same problem with this that he had with the WL. "Too much un-necessary walking right before we get to a park where we will be doing a lot of walking."

Quote:
Isn't that always the way.....phone always rings once you start something you cant stop
I even waited an hour after he said he would "call me right back" before starting the test. The part I hate, is that I still had an hour in the quiz. I just wasn't paying attention and clicked the wrong button.

Quote:
I really love our little corner of the Dis It is so nice to know that there are people out there that understand our crazy over planning, ever changing, Disney obsessions

Melissa
I agree. Someone on the September FB group had made this MH for those of us in the FB group to make buttons or bag tags out of, so we can recognize each other in the parks. Well, the MH is the DISboards green and the circle outside is the FB blue. Then someone said, "do we really want to be associated with the negativity on the boards." To which I said something to like "well I don't think the dis is any more negative than any other message board." I wanted to add "not only that, but without the DISboards this group would have never come together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Quick drop in to say I found you. I sneak quick peeks, but so far behind. Hope you are all well. Band is killing me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
they don't listen!! I told my husband we were adopting a 7 mo old Cocker just before my knee surgery last Wednesday, then Saturday I told him she was arriving, and he had that stunned look claimed I never told him I call it selective hearing!
awww, how sweet!! I had a Cocker growing up. We named her Lady since she looked just like Lady from Lady and the Tramp.

Quote:
I am going to read the rest tomorrow while DS is at his 2 hr neuro psych appt

I hope all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Puppy Sophie is settling in quite well, so adorable, I can't wait to be able to take her on long walks. Get stitches out next week knee is coming along!
I'm glad the knee is coming along so well. Any chance we'll be getting fur-baby pictures any time soon?

Quote:
My husband doesn't listen either, it had gotten worse recently. Even the boys notice. DH will say something, I'll look at him like "really" and the boys will say , we talked about this:!!
We have conversations like that with the fil on a daily basis.

Quote:
Melissa- I am v-p of the band board...it won't end for two years. It was especially crazy this week...Monday was 1st night - when the freshman come and meet everyone, they get competition music and we hit the parents with the schedule. The board and the band director go out after - he waits until we get drinks - and find out hs principal had essentially eliminated the transportation budget! Ok, board of Ed votes the next night. Emails and fb posts fly around and the next night about 50 parents and students put up a fight at the mtg and amazingly we got the 10k back! It was a long night! Today it's back to sorting uniforms!! Next Friday, we leave!!
If you were in the DFW area, I would come and help you sort the uniforms. I know this will sound strange, but I really miss doing that.

Quote:

HUGS,
Melissa

I think we need to have a new RC rule. If you talk about food you are cooking/going to cook/or cooked you must post the recipe.

Quote:

Happy late anniversary!! I'm glad you were able to surprise him like that and that he was so happy about it. What kind of wine is it?

Quote:
This is what I'm thinking... BC GV July 5 - 8 and July 8 - 12 AK standard room CL

I think the change makes sense, especially since you are not doing any parks. You will really be able to enjoy the savanna view and animal watching. If it's in the budget, I really think it's a good split.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #147
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I talked to the DH about it last night and he doesn't want to do the WL idea. Since we've stayed there, he knows what the walk from the bus to the boat is like and it is further than he wants to walk before heading into a park. Now he's thinking about canceling the Ragland Road ADR. We've never been into the GF and it is the one resort he's always wanted to stay at. We're thinking about changing it to lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. If we did that, as soon as we checked in, we would take the bus to the MK, and then either take the monorail or boat to the GF. Silly me, here I thought all of our changing around with this trip was done.

I think we need to have a new RC rule. If you talk about food you are cooking/going to cook/or cooked you must post the recipe.
I second the GF Cafe idea. The burger was yumm-o. I can't wait to hear what you think of AKL. It's been added to our list, for sure. Actually, oddly enough, the hubster KEEPS talking about how he'd like to go back there and could see us going back just to stay there and not go to any parks.

I also second the RC rule.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #148
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

WOW! I didn't realize we where into a new thread already! I've been missing you all, but still reading along. I just haven't had much to input as we don't have a current trip planned, but I sure wish we did-- I am missing the world something awful, it seems like it will be forever before Jan/Feb 2015 arrives -- I'm actually also thinking of perhaps moving those dates up to late Oct/early Nov 2014 - I don't know which one would be more crowd-friendly.?
My son graduates next June, so this will be a grad trip/present to him and his DGF, We've promised them for 2 yrs that we would take them to WDW once they graduated. It will be wonderful because my DH has agreed to come with me, and keep me company/ be my partner in this adventure So while Andrew and his GF are off doing their thing, at least Allan and I get to be together too

I am thinking it will be BWI Deluxe CL room for us if I can swing it. I'd love Kidani 1BDRM suite with Deluxe ddp, but that is really just tooooo much food!!! I love the regular DDP with Club level, and pretty much have that down pat for our dining needs. I'll see what the pricing is and go from there.

My DH is still at home off work/ and Workers Compensation just kicked in for us. It's so confusing because it's benefits being paid now instead of a salary -- and it's going to take some crazy money management to learn to live according to the benefit schedule. We are kind of down because it's been 3 months since the shooting and still, he doesn't have movement in his pinky finger. He goes to the surgeon again on June 26, so we will see what he has to say then - but so far it's looking like Allan will need more surgery due to the amount of scar tissue and how it's binding his joints.....I just wish this whole thing didn't happen, it's really thrown us for a loop and put a damper on our spirits. All we can do is take one day at a time though, and that's what we are doing.

Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!!
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #149
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww, happy belated anniversary to you and yours, Ginny! That's funny he found it whilst snooping in the wine rack. You're such an excellent planner, ya know?

Speaking of, I need to go and find the F&W info you've mentioned.
Hi Miss-Thank you! It's good to be married to my best friend.
Here's the link to what's out now about F&W. I'm sure more will follow. I love this time of year as information comes out.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-world-resort/

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Happy late anniversary!! I'm glad you were able to surprise him like that and that he was so happy about it. What kind of wine is it?

Hi Wookie,
I love your idea of sharing recipes!

Thank you for your sweet anniversary greeting.

About the wine, it's from Frias, their Red Blend. It's a very special treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
WOW! I didn't realize we where into a new thread already! I've been missing you all, but still reading along. I just haven't had much to input as we don't have a current trip planned, but I sure wish we did-- I am missing the world something awful, it seems like it will be forever before Jan/Feb 2015 arrives -- I'm actually also thinking of perhaps moving those dates up to late Oct/early Nov 2014 - I don't know which one would be more crowd-friendly.?
My son graduates next June, so this will be a grad trip/present to him and his DGF, We've promised them for 2 yrs that we would take them to WDW once they graduated. It will be wonderful because my DH has agreed to come with me, and keep me company/ be my partner in this adventure So while Andrew and his GF are off doing their thing, at least Allan and I get to be together too

I am thinking it will be BWI Deluxe CL room for us if I can swing it. I'd love Kidani 1BDRM suite with Deluxe ddp, but that is really just tooooo much food!!! I love the regular DDP with Club level, and pretty much have that down pat for our dining needs. I'll see what the pricing is and go from there.

My DH is still at home off work/ and Workers Compensation just kicked in for us. It's so confusing because it's benefits being paid now instead of a salary -- and it's going to take some crazy money management to learn to live according to the benefit schedule. We are kind of down because it's been 3 months since the shooting and still, he doesn't have movement in his pinky finger. He goes to the surgeon again on June 26, so we will see what he has to say then - but so far it's looking like Allan will need more surgery due to the amount of scar tissue and how it's binding his joints.....I just wish this whole thing didn't happen, it's really thrown us for a loop and put a damper on our spirits. All we can do is take one day at a time though, and that's what we are doing.

Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!! :hug
Marie
Hi Marie, Hugs to you! It was so good to hear from you. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. I hope the surgery is helpful as your dh continues on the road to healing.

I love hearing about your trip planning. Oct/Nov 2014 means you'd be there during Food and Wine, lots of fun, good food, concerts.
I think the BWI Deluxe rooms would be a good choice. Whatever you decide, you all will have a wonderful time. What a lovely graduation gift!

TY Kook

Last edited by gwynne; 06-14-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #150
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bree was dancing this morning...SHE LOVES THE GRAND FLORIDIAN. HRH and I were talking about Sarah, and all the things she loved about GF...and the kids offerings...she said Sarah wants us to stay there. She also told me that she is sorry she died "Can she go to GF as a angel Mommy" My reply, of course she can baby!
What a little sweetie.

Quote:
I believe I must buck the trend with the husband-not-listening thing; it's me who does all the selective hearing in this house.

I have a slight change to announce. Really, not even worthy of an announcement... I switched from the Villas to the Inn. Figured Miss M would prefer sleeping on a real bed instead of a pull-out sofa. (It's ridiculous. This child has a queen at home; she rolls around every square inch of it when she sleeps, too. : )
Like the change. The Inn side is closer to the "action"as well.

I'm the one with selective hearing too. Once DH said "Do you ever LISTEN to me?????" And I blurted out "NO!" Oops. He won't ever let me live that down.

Quote:
Goodmorning everyone! I simply cannot keep up with you all! How in the world do you remember what everyone says! So I will just say goodmorning and start reading! So I haven't changed anything in the way of our trip(July)...but I am still booked for September room only (9th-14th) at CR BLT (did I get those abbreviations right... ?? ) and I probably will have to change it...since we had to rebook our trip 3 times for the July 5th to the 12th! (Originally suppose to Disney in May.. , but husband's job...ugh... So anyways...it was going to be May and early September...but now since July and September are pretty close, I'm thinking late September with the deal Disney has thru the 28th.....But oh, the price I had was so good....what to do...what to do.... Or maybe wait and see if a new, better deal comes up for October...early November??? I have never been in Oct/Nov....do they offer up deals for that time period??
There should be deals. Plus you may get F&W, MNSSHP or MVMCP depending on dates! And better weather!

Quote:

I like the idea. And Happy Anniversary!

Quote:

What a cute story. I love hearing about nice long, happy marriages Congrats!

Quote:
Are we ever done changing? I like this change. Although I don't love going to DTD much anyway so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!!
Marie

Quote:
Here's the link to what's out now about F&W. I'm sure more will follow. I love this time of year as information comes out.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-world-resort/
Thanks for this. Off to check it out now!

~~~~~~

The kiddos and I had a great day at the zoo today, but I'm beat! I think I'll skip cooking tonight and order in Chinese. Mmmmm.....

Maybe I'll catch you all later for happy hour.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: