Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #16
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post

I am not always reasonable I admit, but this I agree with this and think my honey would too. If you can't have the cash in hand and are going to lose it, then you might as well have a great memory out of it? You don't even have to do excursions if you don't want and soda is included and tipping is 12 per day pp which isn't much more than a price of a 3d movie...

I hope you can work it out..
Tips would come to $300. That's a lot more than a movie.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #17
junbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post

Tips would come to $300. That's a lot more than a movie.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
$12x5 people=$60
$60x3days=$180.
$180 in gratuities
Just say'n
junbug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #18
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbug

$12x5 people=$60
$60x3days=$180.
$180 in gratuities
Just say'n
That's what I was thinking too. 180 not 300.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #19
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbug View Post
$12x5 people=$60
$60x3days=$180.
$180 in gratuities
Just say'n
Still, thats a week or so in groceries and not just a night at the movie.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
Spwhoney
Mouseketeer

Come up with the 180 for tips. The kids will get to do fun crafts in the club they can keep as souvenir's. My kids got a tee shirt that they got signed by all the CM's in the club, pretty cute. Plus swimming anywhere almost wins over the vacation for my kids, if they can swim they don't care about anything else. The experience will be amazing for them. Take lots of picture and make a scrapbook later. Hope you can go, you wont regret it.
Spwhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #21
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I didn't say it was "a night at the movie." I said "$12 per day is what it cost to go to a 3D movie." I realize that most people wouldn't got to 3D movies 3 days in a row, but what if they did that month? Then it is comparable. Just trying to help them see it in the grand scheme of things. (Although I personally wouldn't have booked a summer cruise anyway because of the inflated rates, but that is just me, and we all have choices.)
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
mmrkgiants
Earning My Ears

So sorry this happened. If you can somehow manage to go, then go! I agree with the others that you can make some good memories and just don't do excursions, buy drinks, etc. If you can't get the money back then try to go.
A few years back, I was told the morning of a vacation that my job was being outsourced. We left that afternoon for FL. First a RCL Cruise for a week, then WDW for a week. It was horrible timing. However, we went and had a fantastic time! I thought about every penny I spent on that trip and it sure kept me within budget. I did not buy anything that we did not need to.
I hope this works out for you. I understand about the financial situation but at this point if you are PIF, then maybe you can get it to work out or reschedule for a date down the road so you don't completely lose out on the money.
Best of luck!!!!
mmrkgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

I am sorry for the spot you are in. Unfortunately, being this close you have two definite options - go on the cruise or lose your money. It's important to know what your insurance covers but know that most policies offered do not cover for any cause. You have to be specific in purchasing a policy that would cover this. Of course, all advice that is way too late.

There is a third option that they are offering which is to move your date.

None of this will get you the cash flow you were hoping to obtain for now.

Honestly, given these options I would go on the cruise. You can cruise without costing a lot of extra. There are so many things to do on the cruise, plenty of food and the soda/coffee/tea is free at dinners and at the beverage stations. I took a four day a while back and except for tips my bill was a total of $35 and this was for a few small souvenirs that looking back I really didn't need.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #24
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

definately take the move date offer if you can. Push it out as far as you can to allow time for your finances to get worked out.

I understand that you are out over $4000, but that is better than LOSING over $4000.

Good luck

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
I understand that you are out over $4000, but that is better than LOSING over $4000.

Good luck

Good point - so Op - use it, lose it or move it! When it comes down to it, if you can't get your cash back (and that's a moot point) then the first and last choices are your only real options.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #26
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbug View Post

$12x5 people=$60
$60x3days=$180.
$180 in gratuities
Just say'n
You're right. For some strange reason, I thought it was a 5 night cruise. I was out of it this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
True.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
DisneyBigKid
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thank you guys for your advice.

I like the idea of making it a work related issue I do own my own business and now the sole moneymaker in the family.

Disney cruiseline says it's non-transferable but Travelocity says the complete opposite if rebooked it. I don't know which answer to go with or what difference it makes anyway I don't know anyone that wants to go on cruise. My friends are very cynical about the idea of cruising especially since the Carnival Cruise incident a few months back. I was told by someone on another board I could also try to get refund in Disney gift cards. Does anyone know if that's true or not? If so I could sell those on ebay. I would rather go on cruise then lose out all together but I'm trying to find a way to get partial refund or something with Disney or Travelocity. We need the money more than a cruise. 3 days at sea won't change new financial troubles.
DisneyBigKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBigKid View Post
Thank you guys for your advice.

I like the idea of making it a work related issue I do own my own business and now the sole moneymaker in the family.

Disney cruiseline says it's non-transferable but Travelocity says the complete opposite if rebooked it. I don't know which answer to go with or what difference it makes anyway I don't know anyone that wants to go on cruise. My friends are very cynical about the idea of cruising especially since the Carnival Cruise incident a few months back. I was told by someone on another board I could also try to get refund in Disney gift cards. Does anyone know if that's true or not? If so I could sell those on ebay. I would rather go on cruise then lose out all together but I'm trying to find a way to get partial refund or something with Disney or Travelocity. We need the money more than a cruise. 3 days at sea won't change new financial troubles.
Unfortunately, as stated, your ONLY options are to lose it, use it or move it (if Travelocity will let you). Call your insurance provider and ask them what is covered, if anything.

Disney will NOT offer a refund....so someone telling you could get a refund in gift cards is incorrect....they won't refund and if you cancel you will LOSE ALL OF IT. It is not a matter of receiving a refund in cash, credit or gift cards....they won't refund it as point in the game. You are past the point of being able to get a refund.

I know you may not feel like cruising now but I agree with the other that say either move it or just go since you are out the money anyway.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
DisneyBigKid
Earning My Ears

Never mind about work emergency just looked over travelocity policy again doesn't count financial coverage only if company providing service closes down or something like that.

Grrr my chances of getting out of this are slimmer than I thought seems like only way out it is if I got Illness, accident on the way there, jury duty or Natural Disaster.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #30
DisneyBigKid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Unfortunately, as stated, your ONLY options are to lose it, use it or move it (if Travelocity will let you). Call your insurance provider and ask them what is covered, if anything.

Disney will NOT offer a refund....so someone telling you could get a refund in gift cards is incorrect....they won't refund and if you cancel you will LOSE ALL OF IT. It is not a matter of receiving a refund in cash, credit or gift cards....they won't refund it as point in the game. You are past the point of being able to get a refund.

I know you may not feel like cruising now but I agree with the other that say either move it or just go since you are out the money anyway.

MJ
I guess I will just have to move it to another date. But what happens if the new cruise date is cheaper. Do I get some type of refund or onboard credit? or is the difference just a loss?

Tags
cruise, disney, orlando, return/refund, unwanted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: