DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

What is the best time in February for Aulani and Grand Californian?

If you could choose any week in February for Grand Caliornian and Aulani, which week would it be? We are homeschooling next year, so it can be any day, any week! We have enough points for 3 nights Grand Californian and 10 nights Aulani. We would love low crowds at Disneyland and great weather at Aulani. Thoughts?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

We went the last two weeks of February and loved it. The only thing I would say is to stay away from Aulani on Valentine's Day. That's the day we arrived, and there was nowhere to eat! Everything was booked because of the holiday.
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

I would avoid Disneyland around Presidents Day because of higher crowds.

Also, February is the rainiest month in Anaheim.

The weather is likely to be a little warmer (better) both places if you go toward the end of February than at the beginning.

If it's an option, I would consider late February going into early March. That way, you're traveling after Presidents Day / Washington's Birthday, but before most schools have their spring break weeks.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

I would have to pull the points chart up again to be sure, but I think points increase in March. We could definitely do end of February though! Thanks for the input, I will look up the date for presidents day.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Avoid holidays - otherwise any other time in Feb should be good. S. Cal can be a bit rainy then but that is unpredictable. And it's not necessarily a bad thing since DL is such a locals park and they will not come out in the rain.

KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
JackandSally79
Growing old but not up

We went the first week in Feb this year...it was great!! It never rained in Hawaii but rained one day while at DL. Thinking of going again the same time next year. Aulani wasn't crowded at all. We arrived Superbowl Sunday at 1pm and had so many people greet us as we pulled up. They even had our room keys for us as we got out the car.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
asunutgirl
Mouseketeer

I would definitely stay away from DLR President's weekend. It is a holiday weekend and on top of that, there is a big dance competition at DLH that weekend. Place is mobbed. Since your kids are home schooled and you have some options, I'd definitely recommend DLR during the week.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandSally79
We went the first week in Feb this year...it was great!! It never rained in Hawaii but rained one day while at DL. Thinking of going again the same time next year. Aulani wasn't crowded at all. We arrived Superbowl Sunday at 1pm and had so many people greet us as we pulled up. They even had our room keys for us as we got out the car.
Great to hear a first hand report!!! Did you have any trouble booking Aulani? When did you book? We have to use the 7 month window and will be going for a 2 bedroom.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunutgirl
I would definitely stay away from DLR President's weekend. It is a holiday weekend and on top of that, there is a big dance competition at DLH that weekend. Place is mobbed. Since your kids are home schooled and you have some options, I'd definitely recommend DLR during the week.
DH works though, so we do have his schedule to work around. Plan was to do Grand Californian Friday, Saturday, Sunday night, then Aulani Monday-the next Thursday. Then we would stay at an LAX airport hotel Thursday night. Fly home Friday. That would give us all Saturday and Sunday to recover from the time change and be ready to head back to work/school on Monday. If we alter the plans to move Disneyland to weekdays, I guess we would stay at Aulani a few less nights. Thoughts?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

DLR is going to be less crowded on weekdays so if you can work it so you are there on weekdays that would be good. If not just get there bright and early to avoid the crowds.

You may also want to consider taking a look at the DL planning stickies at the top of the DLR thread here on the DIS.

Specifically helpful to you might be Hydroguys thread about traditional park hours month by month just to give you an idea how early the parks will open/close:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124

and also his "What You Should Know About the Off Season" thread:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: