Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #316
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm so glad they'll both be gone a long time.

that's ridiculous!

Well they have to get us all off so they can get the new batch of people on. Officially we're supposed to be off by 9:00 but it can take a while waiting in line. The longest part is physically getting off the ship, getting the bags and through customs is very fast.

The Florida Keys are all connected by bridges, and it looks like it would be a very scenic ride. Since we're that close I'm thinking it would be a nice way to spend the weekend, and then just fly out of Key West.

this site has some great photos of the bridges

http://www.ultimatechase.com/chase_a...tos_031109.htm




218 days!!!


Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out. Key West has an airport? The more I read, the less I know.

I've got to cancel Joshua's flight to camp soon and I really wish Southwest would release their flights after Jan 4, 2014. I don't know what's taking so long. I'd like to book the flights. If I change flights then I won't lose the $50 unaccompanied fare for Joshua but if I cancel, I do. I've got about 2 weeks.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 06-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #317
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
218 days!!!





Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out. Key West has an airport? The more I read, the less I know.
It does, and SW flies in/out. Unfortunately it won't be a direct flight home for me so that's something I need to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I've got to cancel Joshua's flight to camp soon and I really wish Southwest would release their flights after Jan 4, 2014. I don't know what's taking so long. I'd like to book the flights. If I change flights then I won't lose the $50 unaccompanied fare for Joshua but if I cancel, I do. I've got about 2 weeks.
Oh my, I hope they release them soon. Usually they announce a date the next ones will come out. At least I thought they did, I can't find anything now. I'd change his flight to anything to save that money.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #318
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post





It does, and SW flies in/out. Unfortunately it won't be a direct flight home for me so that's something I need to think about.



Oh my, I hope they release them soon. Usually they announce a date the next ones will come out. At least I thought they did, I can't find anything now. I'd change his flight to anything to save that money.




I agree, direct flights are the best way if possible. Where would your flight stop and is the layover long? I hate long layovers. But too short of layovers cause their own set of issues too.

I don't see anything either on SW announcing their dates. It's making me nuts. I check daily, sometimes twice and still nothing. I don't want to lose that $50. Thankfully the camp only kept $200 of what I paid for Joshua's deposit. They could have kept it all. They're applying his amount paid towards Gabby's tuition.

We're almost in the 100's!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #319
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I agree, direct flights are the best way if possible. Where would your flight stop and is the layover long? I hate long layovers. But too short of layovers cause their own set of issues too.


I agree, I avoid layovers if at all possible. It depends on the flight where the layover is and each place is different. Will have to check again when our dates come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I don't see anything either on SW announcing their dates. It's making me nuts. I check daily, sometimes twice and still nothing. I don't want to lose that $50. Thankfully the camp only kept $200 of what I paid for Joshua's deposit. They could have kept it all. They're applying his amount paid towards Gabby's tuition.
Ugh, hopefully they won't be too much longer. I'm glad you were able to get some of your deposit back. He was going to do that this summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
We're almost in the 100's!
I didn't think we were that close to 100s.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #320
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I agree, I avoid layovers if at all possible. It depends on the flight where the layover is and each place is different. Will have to check again when our dates come out.

Ugh, hopefully they won't be too much longer. I'm glad you were able to get some of your deposit back. He was going to do that this summer?

I didn't think we were that close to 100s.


The high 100's but the 100's are the 100's.


He was going to camp but decided he doesn't want to miss that much soccer. They start a tournament the day after he would have returned. He plays center mid and loves the game, he doesn't want to let his team. He made this decision on his own. We're good with whatever. Gabby, who loves camp, says he should go to camp, it's the best decision. I said soccer is healthy too, feeds his soul. To each his own. His club is hosting the tournament so he really wants to play well.


I hope they release our dates soon.


And I can't believe your trip to Disneyland is so soon. What are your exact dates?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #321
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
The high 100's but the 100's are the 100's.


don't mind me, seems I was having a major blond moment. I said to myself, we're not nearing the 100s, we're nearing the 200s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
He was going to camp but decided he doesn't want to miss that much soccer. They start a tournament the day after he would have returned. He plays center mid and loves the game, he doesn't want to let his team. He made this decision on his own. We're good with whatever. Gabby, who loves camp, says he should go to camp, it's the best decision. I said soccer is healthy too, feeds his soul. To each his own. His club is hosting the tournament so he really wants to play well.
Ahhh. Definitely good sides to both. Pretty cool parenting to let him choose even when it meant losing some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I hope they release our dates soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
And I can't believe your trip to Disneyland is so soon. What are your exact dates?
I'm super excited. I had no idea there were so many different rides at DL. And so many new places to eat! 9/3-9/9, I get in at noon the first day so not sure if I should use a park ticket or not. Who am I kidding, how am I going to resist exploring!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #322
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Hi Jenny, hope you're having a great weekend

Looks like this trip is going to be a solo one for me. I went to dinner with mom last night and its not going to work with her schedule. I did contemplate canceling but this will be a good trial run to see if I'll even enjoy the transatlantic I have planned, also solo. So, given this new development I'm pretty sure I'm just going to head up to WDW post cruise for a few nights. I know I'm not going to be into exploring Key West or the Everglades on my own.


216 Days!!!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #323
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hi Jenny, hope you're having a great weekend

Looks like this trip is going to be a solo one for me. I went to dinner with mom last night and its not going to work with her schedule. I did contemplate canceling but this will be a good trial run to see if I'll even enjoy the transatlantic I have planned, also solo. So, given this new development I'm pretty sure I'm just going to head up to WDW post cruise for a few nights. I know I'm not going to be into exploring Key West or the Everglades on my own.

216 Days!!!
I'm sorry she's going to miss it.

You won't be completely solo; Joshua and I will be there!

WDW will be great. Have you decided where you're staying?

I still don't know what we're going to do....I want SW to release their flights already. I feel at a complete standstill without flights at this point. I've already got Mexico flights and that trip is the month after. I wonder what SW's stall is all about?

Hope you're having a good weekend. I'm so not wanting tomorrow to be Monday.

Gabby left for a month today and Michael leaves for the week tonight. My house is already quieter than I like it.

And yeah for 216!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 06-16-2013 at 09:09 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #324
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm sorry she's going to miss it.


Thank you. I'm a little sad but understand. It looks like she'll only be able to do one vacation with me a year, and she chose the Fantasy in May. I'm just glad that one is still a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You won't be completely solo; Joshua and I will be there!
really looking forward to meeting you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
WDW will be great. Have you decided where you're staying?
I'm between BLT, OKW, and BCV. The 7 month window is coming up so I better decide quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I still don't know what we're going to do....I want SW to release their flights already. I feel at a complete standstill without flights at this point. I've already got Mexico flights and that trip is the month after. I wonder what SW's stall is all about?
Other lines put out itineraries for a whole year in advance right? Hopefully SW will get a move on. I'm going to fly in the day before so need to figure out the hotel for that. I'll decide depending on which airport is cheaper to fly into, Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Hope you're having a good weekend. I'm so not wanting tomorrow to be Monday.
I only had Sunday off, was not ready to go back to work that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Gabby left for a month today and Michael leaves for the week tonight. My house is already quieter than I like it.
Wow, that's a long time for Gabby! At least Michael was home for Fathers Day. I'm sure you guys spoiled him rotten


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
And yeah for 216!

__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #325
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm super excited. I had no idea there were so many different rides at DL. And so many new places to eat! 9/3-9/9, I get in at noon the first day so not sure if I should use a park ticket or not. Who am I kidding, how am I going to resist exploring!
Not to hijack your thread Jenny, but I was afraid those were your dates. Pam, you posted something on my PTR about needing help with F! and WoC. I had some thoughts, but I don't think they will work as I have a concert on 9/8. You have my email right? I can't seem to find yours, but I seem to remember we exchanged them. We should talk about your trip via email.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #326
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thank you. I'm a little sad but understand. It looks like she'll only be able to do one vacation with me a year, and she chose the Fantasy in May. I'm just glad that one is still a go.

I don't blame her, that will be an amazing trip. I'm glad she's still going with you on that one.



Quote:
really looking forward to meeting you guys!

It'll be fun and we can do Palo. He'll find one activity to do, I'm sure. He's really social and a nice kid.



Quote:
I'm between BLT, OKW, and BCV. The 7 month window is coming up so I better decide quickly.

I've only stayed at one of the three; OKW. It's a great resort and I'm sure less points than the others right? Which park will you visit the most? Will you keep your rental car? That might help you decide.



Quote:
Other lines put out itineraries for a whole year in advance right? Hopefully SW will get a move on. I'm going to fly in the day before so need to figure out the hotel for that. I'll decide depending on which airport is cheaper to fly into, Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Thats exactly what I'm waiting for though I did book the Hampton Inn Miami but its 100% refundable. In fact they don't charge until the day of but I have to cancel 24* before. I have a feeling FOrt Lauderdale will be cheaper. I ave my daily Kayak alert set in case some incredible United flight deal comes out. I've got at least enough miles for one rt ticket. I don't love United, in fact they're one of least favorites but they fly internationally (Africa) for generally the best fare.

We booked Alaska Air for Mexico and they had dates all the way into March and that was at least a good month ago. I haven't checked SW today.



Quote:
I only had Sunday off, was not ready to go back to work that's for sure!

Boo! You had to work yesterday? I don't like working Sundays. Or Mondays. Or Tuesdays.



Quote:
Wow, that's a long time for Gabby! At least Michael was home for Fathers Day. I'm sure you guys spoiled him rotten

Yeah and I realized that because she's staff, I might not get to see any pics of her. They post a ton of the campers but very few of the staff.

The kids made him cards and bought him tickets to see Diana Krall. He loves her. We also took him up to a local resort for brews and blues.




215 days!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Not to hijack your thread Jenny, but I was afraid those were your dates. Pam, you posted something on my PTR about needing help with F! and WoC. I had some thoughts, but I don't think they will work as I have a concert on 9/8. You have my email right? I can't seem to find yours, but I seem to remember we exchanged them. We should talk about your trip via email.


Hijack away. Do any of us stay on topic?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 06-17-2013 at 10:10 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #327
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I don't blame her, that will be an amazing trip. I'm glad she's still going with you on that one.
I'm just going to relish any time I have with her, it will make those trips even more special.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
It'll be fun and we can do Palo. He'll find one activity to do, I'm sure. He's really social and a nice kid.
Awesome what a special trip though, just you and Joshua. You'll come back with amazing memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I've only stayed at one of the three; OKW. It's a great resort and I'm sure less points than the others right? Which park will you visit the most? Will you keep your rental car? That might help you decide.
I've only stayed at OKW as well, and really enjoyed it. If I stay there I'll keep the car, and it will be less points. Wondering if I should take the time to finally try Universal. I'll have just been to WDW in December. All kinds of scenarios are dancing around my head. My AP will still be good, I usually just go wherever my current whim takes me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thats exactly what I'm waiting for though I did book the Hampton Inn Miami but its 100% refundable. In fact they don't charge until the day of but I have to cancel 24* before. I have a feeling FOrt Lauderdale will be cheaper. I ave my daily Kayak alert set in case some incredible United flight deal comes out. I've got at least enough miles for one rt ticket. I don't love United, in fact they're one of least favorites but they fly internationally (Africa) for generally the best fare.

We booked Alaska Air for Mexico and they had dates all the way into March and that was at least a good month ago. I haven't checked SW today.
Last year flights to Fort Lauderdale were considerably cheaper than Miami. But I'm not sure if hotels will provide service to the port. I'd have to factor in transportation, and it was about 45 minutes away. If I fly into Fort Lauderdale I'll use the same company as last year. SAS I think they were called, very smooth with everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Boo! You had to work yesterday? I don't like working Sundays. Or Mondays. Or Tuesdays.
I agree! Any day at my current job is one I don't want to work


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Yeah and I realized that because she's staff, I might not get to see any pics of her. They post a ton of the campers but very few of the staff.


Would she be totally embarrassed if you went to visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
The kids made him cards and bought him tickets to see Diana Krall. He loves her. We also took him up to a local resort for brews and blues.
Very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
215 days!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #328
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm just going to relish any time I have with her, it will make those trips even more special.

I agree. Your trips are so fun to read,in part, because of the neat relationship you have with your mom.




Quote:
Awesome what a special trip though, just you and Joshua. You'll come back with amazing memories.

I agree. I'm so excited to have some Joshua and me time. He's my little buddy. He's most excited for the excursions but once he sees the ship, I think he'll flip.



Quote:
I've only stayed at OKW as well, and really enjoyed it. If I stay there I'll keep the car, and it will be less points. Wondering if I should take the time to finally try Universal. I'll have just been to WDW in December. All kinds of scenarios are dancing around my head. My AP will still be good, I usually just go wherever my current whim takes me.

That might be a good time to visit Universal. DH really wants to try Universal next trip. After reading a few reports with Universal info, I'm not totally against it. The Harry Potter area looks beyond cool.

But honestly, if I had an AP, I'd stick with WDW. I just can't seem to pull myself away.



Quote:
Last year flights to Fort Lauderdale were considerably cheaper than Miami. But I'm not sure if hotels will provide service to the port. I'd have to factor in transportation, and it was about 45 minutes away. If I fly into Fort Lauderdale I'll use the same company as last year. SAS I think they were called, very smooth with everything.
Miami from SLC is very expensive too. You're right about factoring in transportation, I didn't even think of that. I'll have to look into that once SW finally releases their flights.




Quote:
I agree! Any day at my current job is one I don't want to work




Would she be totally embarrassed if you went to visit?



Very nice





Camp is in Colorado, like 10,000 feet up. And they don't allow visitors after the first day of the session. I just finished writing her a letter though.


__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #329
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I agree. Your trips are so fun to read,in part, because of the neat relationship you have with your mom.
Thank you


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I agree. I'm so excited to have some Joshua and me time. He's my little buddy. He's most excited for the excursions but once he sees the ship, I think he'll flip.
There's no preparing for that first step onboard. Even with the thousands of photos you see ahead of time. The ship is just so gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

That might be a good time to visit Universal. DH really wants to try Universal next trip. After reading a few reports with Universal info, I'm not totally against it. The Harry Potter area looks beyond cool.

But honestly, if I had an AP, I'd stick with WDW. I just can't seem to pull myself away.
I have been dying to see the Harry Potter part, but exactly like you can't bear to tear myself away from Disney. I'm thinking if I keep the car it would be a perfect time to get over there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Miami from SLC is very expensive too. You're right about factoring in transportation, I didn't even think of that. I'll have to look into that once SW finally releases their flights.
I was hoping today would be the day, no such luck.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Camp is in Colorado, like 10,000 feet up. And they don't allow visitors after the first day of the session. I just finished writing her a letter though.

Oh my, what kind of camp is this?
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #330
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
There's no preparing for that first step onboard. Even with the thousands of photos you see ahead of time. The ship is just so gorgeous!

I can't even imagine. I have watched so many snippets on YouTube, the DCL video, and so many reports but I still think I'll be overwhelmed. And when the horn sounds? O M G.



Quote:
I have been dying to see the Harry Potter part, but exactly like you can't bear to tear myself away from Disney. I'm thinking if I keep the car it would be a perfect time to get over there.
It would probably be a really good time as you'll be solo so no pressure to see and do it all or even know your way around. Have you researched Universal? I did a little and gave up. It was just too much at the time but now that I've got a firmer grasp on WDW, it might be doable. I bet you'd do fine with just a little planning. Would you do just one day?




Quote:
I was hoping today would be the day, no such luck.

Its getting a little ridiculous.


Quote:
Oh my, what kind of camp is this?

Jewish summer camp. The not calling is for homesick and helicopter parenting purposes only. There is a phone that they use if need be. Chloe had a seizure there her first, and only, year and they called me right away. There is a camp counselor phone line but I think Gabby being away is as much for her independence as it is mine.




214 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: