Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #31
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post

Not if the port is busy.

We love Palo dinner and brunch and always do both. We don't mind missing an MDR for dinner. When we did our first cruise we got Palo booked no problem on our 4 night cruise.
So you do both on one cruise? I want to try dinner @ Palo but also want to try brunch. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to get ressies for both brunch & dinner for this cruise.
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #32
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenntx View Post

So you do both on one cruise? I want to try dinner @ Palo but also want to try brunch. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to get ressies for both brunch & dinner for this cruise.
We do both. They are each amazing in the it own ways.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #33
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenntx View Post
Yep have done both on both my cruises. Its one of the things DH looks forward to most.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #34
insureman
Disney Cruise Crazy or so my family tells me!

Location: Southcoast Massachusetts.Not close enough to Port Canaveral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
In November 2010 we upgraded at the port to concierge (on the Magic 7-night Western from a category six to a one-bedroom suite, the upgrade cost was $1550). Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to cruise in concierge again one day...but it has not spoiled regular stateroom cruising for us. I have since sailed in both a verandah stateroom and an inside stateroom since and have not missed the concierge benefits at all.

If you can swing it, go for the splurge!
There is a big difference in concierge between the the Magic and Wonder vs the Dream and Fantasy. On the Dream class ships you also get a concierge lounge and private concierge sun deck. The lounge has food,coffee, water and soda. They also have a bartender with free drinks around dinner time. We have done concierge on both classes of ships and definitely prefer the newer ships for this service. If you want concierge I would book it, the chance of getting one at the port as an upgrade might be slim since they go fast at the terminal.
insureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #35
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by insureman View Post

There is a big difference in concierge between the the Magic and Wonder vs the Dream and Fantasy. On the Dream class ships you also get a concierge lounge and private concierge sun deck. The lounge has food,coffee, water and soda. They also have a bartender with free drinks around dinner time. We have done concierge on both classes of ships and definitely prefer the newer ships for this service. If you want concierge I would book it, the chance of getting one at the port as an upgrade might be slim since they go fast at the terminal.
Thanks so much for explaining what you get with the concierge level on the Dream. Sounds fabulous. Also thanks for letting me know that there may not be any be any left once we get to the port. Guess I'll have to talk to DH.
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: