Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #256
GoHabsGo
Mouseketeer

Blow hole obstruction

One other time I took a beach excursion and wandered down to a secluded end of the beach when I noticed a dolphin in distress had beached itself. It was clearly trying to breathe but something was blocking its airway. As I got closer, I could see something in there...I reached in and pulled out 5 or 6 ping pong balls!

Man, the fresh caught "mahi-mahi" was good that night
GoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #257
Luxo
Earning My Ears

Singles Mixer

On one of our first Magic cruises many years ago our family had a busy day and we were all on our own for lunch. I was getting sick of the fast stuff on deck 9 so I decided to head to Parrot Cay for the buffet. So I walked up by myself and the host said "Single?" and I said yes... thinking that he was just asking if it was just me alone for lunch.

Well, he proceeded to take me to a big table with a couple of the entertainment cast members and about 10 other people. I had inadvertently stumbled into the 'Cruising Single' mixer lunch. I awkwardly ate and made as little polite small talk as possible knowing my DW and 5 kids were on board!

I ate quickly and was the first to leave... I will never forget the cast member saying "did we scare you off?" as I left!

Oh, and I pee in the stateroom showers.
Luxo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #258
benornoelfan
Earning My Ears

this is awesome
benornoelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #259
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxo View Post
On one of our first Magic cruises many years ago our family had a busy day and we were all on our own for lunch. I was getting sick of the fast stuff on deck 9 so I decided to head to Parrot Cay for the buffet. So I walked up by myself and the host said "Single?" and I said yes... thinking that he was just asking if it was just me alone for lunch.

Well, he proceeded to take me to a big table with a couple of the entertainment cast members and about 10 other people. I had inadvertently stumbled into the 'Cruising Single' mixer lunch. I awkwardly ate and made as little polite small talk as possible knowing my DW and 5 kids were on board!

I ate quickly and was the first to leave... I will never forget the cast member saying "did we scare you off?" as I left!

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #260
Luxo
Earning My Ears

Post-Cruise Confession

My DW is one of the compulsive H2O product hoarders. We have overflowing boxes, bags, etc. of them at home. I've never understood this - perhaps it is preparation for some apocalypse where having nice hair and skin will be critical survival skills?

So, about a year ago I took half of them and gave them to my mother-in-law to use at her 2nd home... and DW never even had a clue they were gone!
Luxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #261
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DW is one of the compulsive H2O product hoarders. We have overflowing boxes, bags, etc. of them at home. I've never understood this - perhaps it is preparation for some apocalypse where having nice hair and skin will be critical survival skills?

So, about a year ago I took half of them and gave them to my mother-in-law to use at her 2nd home... and DW never even had a clue they were gone!
Wow, what kind of person would do that to their unsuspecting (albeit hoarder) wife???

You better hope she doesn't see this or no more Exotic Rasul for you!

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #262
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Thought of another one!

My Mother in Law was on the cruise with us and we had sent them a cheese and cracker tray.

The food was served on a lovely silver tray and my MIL took it home with her!!!! She finally asked us about a year later if she was supposed to have that or not, YIKES!!!

She said that the host left it in her room so she thought it was part of the gift, lol!

Old 06-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #263
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

Quote:

So funny!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #264
DitkaFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyoconnor View Post
Every day I would put the tube of lotion in my toilet kit so the room attendant would bring more. I ADORE the H2O body butter, sad that its not on the ship anymore.

What? When we cruised in Feb the rooms still had body butter in them. When did this happen?
Update...
nm, i just checked it was lotion this past Feb. I guess I am still working off the Body butter stock I have left from the previous cruises

2014 - Jan: 7 day RCCL Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean
2013 - Spring:3 days at Art of Animation in Disney World followed by 7 days Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean and Fall: 5 days at Port Orleans in WDW
2012 - 6 days at All Star Music in Disney World followed by 4 days Disney Dream Bahamas
2011 - 3 days Disney Dream Bahamas followed by 3 days at the Polynesian WDW
DitkaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #265
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Renae View Post
I got super dressed up for formal night. After dinner, I had to kick off my fancy shoes because my feet were beyond swollen, and I wore my old croc flip flops under my formal for the rest of the night.

Can't tell I'm in flip flops here, but I am standing on my tip toes so the front of my dress wasn't on the ground...

That is a really pretty dress! You are my kind of girl except that since I am over 50 now I may have worn the crocs all night if they did not show!
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #266
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitkaFan View Post
What? When we cruised in Feb the rooms still had body butter in them. When did this happen?
Update...
nm, i just checked it was lotion this past Feb. I guess I am still working off the Body butter stock I have left from the previous cruises
Body lotion now. I miss the body butter too....hardly worth the weight in the suitcase coming home now.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #267
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Body lotion now. I miss the body butter too....hardly worth the weight in the suitcase coming home now.
...probably why they switched...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #268
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
...probably why they switched...
Yep

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #269
g3pak
DIS Veteran

when someone on this thread says "exotic rasul" I assume they mean...as one person said on another thread...a muddy conjugal visit in that part of the spa?
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #270
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

I fall asleep in movies and during the shows. It embarasses my family because I snore (loud).
I also walk around the ship with wine in a glass filled in my stateroom.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: