Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #46
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I wonder if the Carsland would include Radiator Springs Racers since that's almost the same as Test Track. It takes up alot of room.
It also seems to be having problems just like TT. Theme Park Insider posted an article on its Facebook page earlier about the problems it has and several things aren't working properly.
I loved Carsland in DCA, I really hope it does come to DHS. I'd be perfectly happy with Radiator Springs Racers coming aswell although its understandable some people would not want an exact copy of the one at DCA.
As a PP stated, it would be a small park if they closed both parts off at the same time (although I'm guessing attendance capacity would be reduced).
I do feel DHS needs something else, especially to take pressure off of TSM. These two lands would be a perfect fit.
If they do go ahead with a Star Wars land, what planet(s) would they have or would people like to see? I know there's already a bit of Endor and Tatooine there, so they might blend it in with those 2 planets
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #47
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
It also seems to be having problems just like TT. Theme Park Insider posted an article on its Facebook page earlier about the problems it has and several things aren't working properly.
We learned about that. The first 2 or 3 times we got in line for RSR last Sept it broke down before we could get on.
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #48
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I think it's definitely feasible to do both in the timeframe. They already have all the details for Carsland worked out, just have to execute. To get Star Wars Land in my lifetime - great!

Yes, I love the Muppets but would willingly give that up for the expansion. I don't believe they would abandon the Muppets completely since they own them, and they are making more movies, so hopefully we'd get something even better than the current show. Or just move something into the Sounds Dangerous theater.

Sometimes change is painful, but I'd rather have two new lands over one playground and one show.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #49
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We learned about that. The first 2 or 3 times we got in line for RSR last Sept it broke down before we could get on.
The one time I went on it, it broke down as there were problems too
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #50
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Three weeks ago, we rode it 8 times in two days. The only time it was down was for about half an hour on the first early entry day. It is an excellent family ride.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I'm really hoping that this comes true. I was raised on Star Wars and have begun the indoctrination with my kids into that world as well. With the new movies coming the popularity will continue to rise and that will create lots of interest in the land. With some of the new things we've seen them do with technology I think they could make some really spectacular stuff.

The downside, of course, is the crowds. Friends who went to DL recently have said they loved Cars Land but it was very crowded and if you didn't get the FP early you weren't getting one. It's just like TSMM, Soarin, etc that they are very popular and the queues fill up quickly. Upside is that it will draw people from other things but it will also bring in new guests. Just like DL saw a substantial increase in guests after CL was built, DHS & AK will follow suit with Cars Land, Star Wars Land and Avatar Land.

My kids will be 12/9 if done in 2018, so it should still be pretty cool for them.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I'm really hoping that this comes true. I was raised on Star Wars and have begun the indoctrination with my kids into that world as well. With the new movies coming the popularity will continue to rise and that will create lots of interest in the land. With some of the new things we've seen them do with technology I think they could make some really spectacular stuff.

The downside, of course, is the crowds. Friends who went to DL recently have said they loved Cars Land but it was very crowded and if you didn't get the FP early you weren't getting one. It's just like TSMM, Soarin, etc that they are very popular and the queues fill up quickly. Upside is that it will draw people from other things but it will also bring in new guests. Just like DL saw a substantial increase in guests after CL was built, DHS & AK will follow suit with Cars Land, Star Wars Land and Avatar Land.

My kids will be 12/9 if done in 2018, so it should still be pretty cool for them.
i agree all three of thee projects would do wonders for wdw
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #53
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgirls&dad View Post
I'd rather see this expansion first over Avatarland as Star Wars has stayed the test of time and Pixar is so relevant to Disney. It's just too late for Avatar just like IA was too late, the show had already jumped the shark and now just isn't that relevant.
I am sorry but is IA? I am trying to place it.
lomillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #54
Kaykool101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by think-like-tink View Post
I am skeptical of getting both Carsland and Star wars. I really thought it would be one or the other.
I heard a while back, when the CL at HS rumors got started that it wasn't Cars Land that was coming, but the Radiator Springs Racers attraction. That they would put the Racers and another Pixar attraction in and expand the current Pixar Place land. But that we wouldn't get the full Cars Land.

It was just a rumor and I honestly can't even remember where I heard it, but this makes more sense to me than bringing the whole Land over. I think Cars Land will continue to be something you have to go to California to experience. But a copy of the one ride? I think that will make its way to HS.

If we are talking about expanding/redoing Pixar Place. I think a Star Wars Land is completely possible too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
My guess is that whatever the plan for DHS turns out to be, it will be unveiled at the D23 convention this year. I figure there must be something coming to DHS because there have been too many rumblings for too long for there not to be anything.
I think something big has to be announce at D23. Right now the only confirmed major enhancements in the pipeline are the 7 Dwarfs coaster and Disney Springs. Disney has to have something up it sleeves for 2015 and 2016 or Universal opening Diagon Alley is going to kill them in 2015 and 2016. I mean truthfully, I think the one coaster in 2014 is going to have an uphill fight against a whole new HP land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
What if they replaced it with a Cars-themed or Star Wars-themed or Pixar-themed (aka "Andy's Room") play area?

I think Andy's Room would be awesome. I want more Toy Story in the parks so bad. This is a way under served property. It has such broad appeal. They could also add a Toy Story character meal.

kaykool101

Double Double Disney Trouble - Sept. 2013 PTR
Kaykool101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #55
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
Islands of Adventure?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #56
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
I'm thinking it's backwards for American Idol... only thing that made sense in context for me.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: