Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #271
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehanna View Post
I learned a long time ago to just be quiet and observe the first time you are in a new chat. Plus I was trying to figure out ADRs! You guys are interesting, but not nearly as interesting as Ohana!
Ah, I see - now I know where we rate! LOL - Don't blame you; if we didn't already have all our ADRs done, I'd have been doing the same thing. Did you get all yours done?
Hope you come back and chat with us again.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #272
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi View Post
I have been on the boards for the past 2 months enjoying all the updates and information out here. Like everyone else I have been following Free dining-FreeDining Part 2 - and now Free Dining Extension threads. I have called Disney 4-5 days a week checking on Pins, Looking in Mail everyday, and just plain hoping for announcement of Offers for Oct-Dec. My BIL calls me a few days back to tell me he received offer in Mail for Free Dining - But hes going on Disney Cruise in Jan so wasnt going. My parents even had a Room discount under their address but they are not going. Well today I called and checked and NO Pin on my account. I asked for someone to speak with about my frustration in not having anything (ever) and th CM connected me with Guest Services. The gentleman that answered was very nice (like mostly all are) and said unfortunately the Marketing promos have no rhyme or reason they just go out. I thanked him and said I understood, but just felt at a bit of a disadvantage compared to rest of my family that recieved Pins but doesnt go as often. He then asked me to hold while he took a look at anything he may have. About 10 minutes of checking and he said he could provide me FREE DINING for my stay, at my currently booked resort and room type (POR Royal Pool view). I seriously almost keeled over when he said that. He updated my Ressie and I am good to go. I cant say enough about Disney and the extremes they go to ensuring Customer Satisfaction. This is why we go so much and look forward to our time there. Good Luck to all who are still waiting for Free dining - I hope you all make out well.
Awesome - congratulations.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #273
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi View Post
I have been on the boards for the past 2 months enjoying all the updates and information out here. Like everyone else I have been following Free dining-FreeDining Part 2 - and now Free Dining Extension threads. I have called Disney 4-5 days a week checking on Pins, Looking in Mail everyday, and just plain hoping for announcement of Offers for Oct-Dec. My BIL calls me a few days back to tell me he received offer in Mail for Free Dining - But hes going on Disney Cruise in Jan so wasnt going. My parents even had a Room discount under their address but they are not going. Well today I called and checked and NO Pin on my account. I asked for someone to speak with about my frustration in not having anything (ever) and th CM connected me with Guest Services. The gentleman that answered was very nice (like mostly all are) and said unfortunately the Marketing promos have no rhyme or reason they just go out. I thanked him and said I understood, but just felt at a bit of a disadvantage compared to rest of my family that recieved Pins but doesnt go as often. He then asked me to hold while he took a look at anything he may have. About 10 minutes of checking and he said he could provide me FREE DINING for my stay, at my currently booked resort and room type (POR Royal Pool view). I seriously almost keeled over when he said that. He updated my Ressie and I am good to go. I cant say enough about Disney and the extremes they go to ensuring Customer Satisfaction. This is why we go so much and look forward to our time there. Good Luck to all who are still waiting for Free dining - I hope you all make out well.
Wow!! That is awesome! I guess some of this pixie dusting and Mickey shaking are working! Hmmmmm...maybe speaking to guest services is the key? Anyways, congrats!!! Happy you got some Disney MAGIC!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #274
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi
I may or may not be doing the same thing. I didnt even read this before I called! My neighbours received a code yesterday and some family members to yet I receive no emails or anything and it took 6 requests to receive a planning DVD from them.
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #275
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Well that turned into nothing. Except her saying she'll keep checking for me and that she has my number and ressie number. So that means nothing for us! She kept saying there could be something coming out. My response was yes I know but what if it doesn't and we can't afford to go without it. Her response was "keep checking back with us!" I mean she was nice and all but not what I was looking forward to hearing.
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #276
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

WOW, what pixie dust!~!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #277
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post
I may or may not be doing the same thing. I didnt even read this before I called! My neighbours received a code yesterday and some family members to yet I receive no emails or anything and it took 6 requests to receive a planning DVD from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post
Well that turned into nothing. Except her saying she'll keep checking for me and that she has my number and ressie number. So that means nothing for us! She kept saying there could be something coming out. My response was yes I know but what if it doesn't and we can't afford to go without it. Her response was "keep checking back with us!" I mean she was nice and all but not what I was looking forward to hearing.
Hi! I was wondering where you've been! Welcome back! Just curious, you just mentioned CM; was that the reservation services CM or Guest Services CM? It seems that the two people who got the free dining (Yea!) this week were transferred to guest services and they were the ones who applied free dining. Just an observation.

Oh, I have requested a planning DVD at least 6 times and have yet to receive one

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #278
Zim
Meow meow

OK I'm sure this has been asked time and time again, but I didn't see it in THIS particular thread.

So... we're going Dec 2 - 5. On the 5th we're hopping on the Dream boat!

For the 3 days we're at parks, we're staying at AoA Cars Suite.

In September we stayed in the AoA LM room with a free dining package (buying the two base tickets option). We didn't use those tickets because my DD15 took a Disney Youth Education Class and we used the tickets purchased through that.

So this time around we have our tickets! We're only doing two days in Disney parks and one day at Universal so for once I don't think FD is a good choice.

I've got our Cars room booked at the AAA rate of $242 a night (versus $303). Do you think the RO discount will be any better for this particular room or have I gotten the best deal I'm going to get?

I'm really sweating these two tickets I kept. They were attached to our LM room keys and the CM said as long as we didn't swipe them at the park, the park tickets would remain on them. I hope we don't have problems using them!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #279
leannak
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

I called and told them i'm booked at the dolphin but would love to upgrade into a disney resort if they would just give me the deal.

They said no but enjoy the Dolphin.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #280
lmgideon
Earning My Ears

I just spent several minutes on the phone with a CM and guest relations, and did not get free dining added to my upcoming visit. They said there was NO way free dining would be added to a reservation without a valid PIN code. Just sharing my recent experience...
lmgideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #281
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I am really starting to wonder what is so bad about me? I wish I could be lucky enough to be chosen.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #282
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
OK I'm sure this has been asked time and time again, but I didn't see it in THIS particular thread.

In September we stayed in the AoA LM room with a free dining package (buying the two base tickets option). We didn't use those tickets because my DD15 took a Disney Youth Education Class and we used the tickets purchased through that.

So this time around we have our tickets! We're only doing two days in Disney parks and one day at Universal so for once I don't think FD is a good choice.

I've got our Cars room booked at the AAA rate of $242 a night (versus $303). Do you think the RO discount will be any better for this particular room or have I gotten the best deal I'm going to get?

I'm really sweating these two tickets I kept. They were attached to our LM room keys and the CM said as long as we didn't swipe them at the park, the park tickets would remain on them. I hope we don't have problems using them!
I'm paying 206 a night with fd for POFQ water view room. I think 242 a night sounds high for that time of year ..oh it's a special cars room.? I guess that's why
Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #283
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post

That's probably the best you are going to get The early Dec rack rates are $315 and the last two room only discounts have been only 15%

Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #284
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmgideon View Post
I just spent several minutes on the phone with a CM and guest relations, and did not get free dining added to my upcoming visit. They said there was NO way free dining would be added to a reservation without a valid PIN code. Just sharing my recent experience...
Interesting....Thanks for sharing! We know otherwise. Maybe you should have referred them to our Dis thread FYI: there is a similar free dining story on "The Sequel" thread on June 12.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #285
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Interesting....Thanks for sharing! We know otherwise. Maybe you should have referred them to our Dis thread FYI: there is a similar free dining story on "The Sequel" thread on June 12.
Pretty sure it is 4 such stories that I have read, so it must really happen. But of course they aren't going to admit to that.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: