Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
dpswift
DIS Veteran

Yes they would have time to hang out after an early dinner. We prefer late dinner and that is the meal that can "interfere" with the kids clubs. However with late dining they can eat at there own speed and leave when the CM picks up the kids. That works well for us because Ds does not complain about the length of time dinner takes.

I am one that hates rushing around to get to early dinner. For me part of cruising is being on deck when the ship leaves port.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

We are a late dining family. We were assigned Main dining on our first cruise but changed it as soon as we got on the ship when we realized that we would miss getting to see the ship leave the port area because we would have to get to the dining room. Plus the thought of the early breakfast for the last day didn't sit well. So we changed to late dining and went with it.

We enjoyed it so much that we have requested late dining every time now. My DS was 7 on the first cruise and had no problem with eating late. We just kind of shift our day while on vacation anyway (sleep a little later, breakfast and lunch a little later, etc). Plus he loved Dine and Play. They would get his dinner to him quicker and then he was off to enjoy the kid's club.

My DS said that after late dining was his favorite time in the club because it was the least crowded, LOL. We would have to drag him out every night at midnight

But as you already know, it is totally what your family prefers. My kids are night owls at home (when we let them) so it was easy to be night owls on the ship. I have friends whose kids would never be able to last until 8:00 to eat so Main dining makes more sense for them.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: