Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #1576
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Thanks wilkeliza. Glad to hear it is at least possible! I have no doubt that whatever happens with the work schedule, we will make the best of it. I am willing to adjust my day around hers, no precise plans for us, just enjoying spending a fews days catching up!
Life is what you make of it and we plan to make it the best week possible with what we are given!

Thanks again everyone for all the posts/suggestions!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1577
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza

Just another point of view. I worked in Epcot and had no problem getting days off in October. If I didn't get the days from labor services I asked to switch with other people in my attraction. I even had Christmas and Thanksgiving off on my CP even though I know that is rare.
My DD just found someone who would take one of her shifts but they wouldn't approve it because it put the other CM at the OT pay rate whereas DD was reg time. So they wouldn't allow her to give the shift away. I guess it depends on your area's manager.
We were rather disappointed, but it is what it is.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #1578
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

You often have the most luck giving away shifts to seasonal or part time cast members. Most areas have a shift exchange board where people post their contact info. Now most locations have a Facebook group to post in. It can be tricky but it all depends on how people where scheduled. When I went seasonal I didn't get any hours when I was supposed to go down. None of the other people who were seasonal got shifts either so everyone was looking for shifts. Of course at other times it can go the other way and no one needs hours. Just keep your fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #1579
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

My DD just found someone who would take one of her shifts but they wouldn't approve it because it put the other CM at the OT pay rate whereas DD was reg time. So they wouldn't allow her to give the shift away. I guess it depends on your area's manager.
We were rather disappointed, but it is what it is.
Oh yeah company policy is straight time for straight time. It can't put the other CM into OT for the week or even day. Now you could plead your case to a manager and they can over ride labor services decision. That is up to the area manager though and the CMs.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #1580
photos_101
Mouseketeer

I have another quick question.
Is the time around Christmas available for CM room discounts? We will be going back to help DD move back home during the last 2 weeks of Dec. I am just wondering if I should book with a regular discount or is it possible for her to book with her discount?
We all have AP's so will not need park tickets, just a room.
Thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #1581
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Is the time around Christmas available for CM room discounts? We will be going back to help DD move back home during the last 2 weeks of Dec. I am just wondering if I should book with a regular discount or is it possible for her to book with her discount?
Thanks!
It can be but the options come and go fast. I would have her looking for that time frame as soon as she can, take what works and keep looking if you would prefer something else.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1582
jking6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
Yes and last year the discount with my DD in room was 60%. But don't wait to long to book if you want a specific resort as they have specific rooms and resorts available.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #1583
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
Yes and last year the discount with my DD in room was 60%. But don't wait to long to book if you want a specific resort as they have specific rooms and resorts available.
I've just booked with a few weeks notice and there were no 60% off offers with discounted dining for where we wanted to stay, we got 50% off though so we're happy with that

Does anyone know if DD still has to go a few days prior to arrival to produce her id if she's staying in the room with us or is on the day ok? I don't know what shift she's on yet so she may arrive later than us
Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #1584
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

I've just booked with a few weeks notice and there were no 60% off offers with discounted dining for where we wanted to stay, we got 50% off though so we're happy with that

Does anyone know if DD still has to go a few days prior to arrival to produce her id if she's staying in the room with us or is on the day ok? I don't know what shift she's on yet so she may arrive later than us
If she is on the reservation it has I be day of. She can go the day before I believe but when the CM is on the registration they are suppose to be who checks in.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #1585
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

She can go the day of - if she works later than you they will likely allow you to check in and then she can stop by the desk when she gets off work. I have had that happen a few times.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #1586
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy

Wow...that's a bummer.
We did a 12 day trip earlier this month w/ the 60% off w/ the CM dining discount. We had booked the 50% discount but when that special came out a couple days before out trip we called and had it applied to our room and then added dining.
DD & I just got a room with the 60% off on one night's notice starting tonite. Will be joining DD shortly!

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 06-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #1587
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
If she is on the reservation it has I be day of. She can go the day before I believe but when the CM is on the registration they are suppose to be who checks in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
She can go the day of - if she works later than you they will likely allow you to check in and then she can stop by the desk when she gets off work. I have had that happen a few times.

Liz
Thank you both, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until her rota is done and then work it from then, I was going to do online check-in so if she's on a late she could go and see them in the morning but not pick up the keys which I'll do later in the evening when I arrive.

Quote:
Wow...that's a bummer.
We did a 12 day trip earlier this month w/ the 60% off w/ the CM dining discount. We had booked the 50% discount but when that special came out a couple days before out trip we called and had it applied to our room and then added dining.
DD & I just got a room with the 60% off on one night's notice starting tonite. Will be joining DD shortly!
No bummer really, I can't do ADRs as I don't know what she's working, we're staying in DVC so I can prepare breakfast and snacks there, I'm happy to be going and seeing DD and getting a good price for my room . Enjoy your time with your DD tonight
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #1588
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza

Actually I don't believe that is quite accurate...or at least that hasn't been my experience at all...and I have visited DD in March, May, and June. They can go and show their ID up to 10 days prior to the start of the reservation and they don't 'have' to be the one to check in. I have checked 'us' in and DD was on the ressie each time. She would actually go early (at the 10 day out mark) to show her ID and talk to the room assigner because that's when rooms are starting to be assigned to see that are requests were met because it's easier to get moved at that point rather than at check in esp if the resorts are busier. Besides I always pay the balance at check in, and she can't do that.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #1589
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Actually I don't believe that is quite accurate...or at least that hasn't been my experience at all...and I have visited DD in March, May, and June. They can go and show their ID up to 10 days prior to the start of the reservation and they don't 'have' to be the one to check in. I have checked 'us' in and DD was on the ressie each time. She would actually go early (at the 10 day out mark) to show her ID and talk to the room assigner because that's when rooms are starting to be assigned to see that are requests were met because it's easier to get moved at that point rather than at check in esp if the resorts are busier. Besides I always pay the balance at check in, and she can't do that.
Him I was just following what is written in our company policy hand book. Seems they are being more relaxed recently (since start of 2013) because when I first started with the company CM had to check in and card used to pay for the room had to be in the CM name. They also use to make a huge deal. Since 2013 I've had no one make a big deal about it not being my card. I've still always been who physically checks in because that's what is written as the policy for CM full discount.

Just as a head up I give information as it is written in CM handouts and on the hub. I have other experiences that contradict that but try not to give them as answers because I would hate for that exception to no longer be in use and someone get down to Florida and be unprepared.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #1590
Ziggy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Him I was just following what is written in our company policy hand book. Seems they are being more relaxed recently (since start of 2013) because when I first started with the company CM had to check in and card used to pay for the room had to be in the CM name. They also use to make a huge deal. Since 2013 I've had no one make a big deal about it not being my card. I've still always been who physically checks in because that's what is written as the policy for CM full discount.

Just as a head up I give information as it is written in CM handouts and on the hub. I have other experiences that contradict that but try not to give them as answers because I would hate for that exception to no longer be in use and someone get down to Florida and be unprepared.
Thank you for your help both of you . There is no way DD could afford to pay the bill, we're going for 12 night and her credit card limit is too low so my card will be used, it was accepted on the reservation. I would prefer it if DD didn't have to go to resort up to 10 days prior as she is relying on the buses and it will take a few hours out of her day, guess I need to wait until her rota is done as if she's on an early or not.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: