Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #1576
photos_101
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 242

Thanks wilkeliza. Glad to hear it is at least possible! I have no doubt that whatever happens with the work schedule, we will make the best of it. I am willing to adjust my day around hers, no precise plans for us, just enjoying spending a fews days catching up!
Life is what you make of it and we plan to make it the best week possible with what we are given!

Thanks again everyone for all the posts/suggestions!
__________________
photos_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1577
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza

Just another point of view. I worked in Epcot and had no problem getting days off in October. If I didn't get the days from labor services I asked to switch with other people in my attraction. I even had Christmas and Thanksgiving off on my CP even though I know that is rare.
My DD just found someone who would take one of her shifts but they wouldn't approve it because it put the other CM at the OT pay rate whereas DD was reg time. So they wouldn't allow her to give the shift away. I guess it depends on your area's manager.
We were rather disappointed, but it is what it is.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #1578
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 790

You often have the most luck giving away shifts to seasonal or part time cast members. Most areas have a shift exchange board where people post their contact info. Now most locations have a Facebook group to post in. It can be tricky but it all depends on how people where scheduled. When I went seasonal I didn't get any hours when I was supposed to go down. None of the other people who were seasonal got shifts either so everyone was looking for shifts. Of course at other times it can go the other way and no one needs hours. Just keep your fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #1579
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran
 
wilkeliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

My DD just found someone who would take one of her shifts but they wouldn't approve it because it put the other CM at the OT pay rate whereas DD was reg time. So they wouldn't allow her to give the shift away. I guess it depends on your area's manager.
We were rather disappointed, but it is what it is.
Oh yeah company policy is straight time for straight time. It can't put the other CM into OT for the week or even day. Now you could plead your case to a manager and they can over ride labor services decision. That is up to the area manager though and the CMs.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #1580
photos_101
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 242

I have another quick question.
Is the time around Christmas available for CM room discounts? We will be going back to help DD move back home during the last 2 weeks of Dec. I am just wondering if I should book with a regular discount or is it possible for her to book with her discount?
We all have AP's so will not need park tickets, just a room.
Thanks!
__________________
photos_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #1581
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
I have another quick question.
Is the time around Christmas available for CM room discounts? We will be going back to help DD move back home during the last 2 weeks of Dec. I am just wondering if I should book with a regular discount or is it possible for her to book with her discount?
We all have AP's so will not need park tickets, just a room.
Thanks!
It can be but the options come and go fast. I would have her looking for that time frame as soon as she can, take what works and keep looking if you would prefer something else.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1582
jking6
DIS Veteran
 
jking6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brookfield NY
Posts: 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
I have another quick question.
Is the time around Christmas available for CM room discounts? We will be going back to help DD move back home during the last 2 weeks of Dec. I am just wondering if I should book with a regular discount or is it possible for her to book with her discount?
We all have AP's so will not need park tickets, just a room.
Thanks!
Yes and last year the discount with my DD in room was 60%. But don't wait to long to book if you want a specific resort as they have specific rooms and resorts available.
__________________
My Disney Trips- Feb 2007- ASMU, Dec 2007- CSR, Dec 2009- Pop, Polynesian, CSR,
Aug 2010- BLT, Pop, May 2011- ASSp, CR, Dec 2011- CSR
jking6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #1583
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
I have another quick question.
Is the time around Christmas available for CM room discounts? We will be going back to help DD move back home during the last 2 weeks of Dec. I am just wondering if I should book with a regular discount or is it possible for her to book with her discount?
We all have AP's so will not need park tickets, just a room.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
Yes and last year the discount with my DD in room was 60%. But don't wait to long to book if you want a specific resort as they have specific rooms and resorts available.
I've just booked with a few weeks notice and there were no 60% off offers with discounted dining for where we wanted to stay, we got 50% off though so we're happy with that

Does anyone know if DD still has to go a few days prior to arrival to produce her id if she's staying in the room with us or is on the day ok? I don't know what shift she's on yet so she may arrive later than us
__________________
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #1584
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran
 
wilkeliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

I've just booked with a few weeks notice and there were no 60% off offers with discounted dining for where we wanted to stay, we got 50% off though so we're happy with that

Does anyone know if DD still has to go a few days prior to arrival to produce her id if she's staying in the room with us or is on the day ok? I don't know what shift she's on yet so she may arrive later than us
If she is on the reservation it has I be day of. She can go the day before I believe but when the CM is on the registration they are suppose to be who checks in.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #1585
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I've just booked with a few weeks notice and there were no 60% off offers with discounted dining for where we wanted to stay, we got 50% off though so we're happy with that

Does anyone know if DD still has to go a few days prior to arrival to produce her id if she's staying in the room with us or is on the day ok? I don't know what shift she's on yet so she may arrive later than us
She can go the day of - if she works later than you they will likely allow you to check in and then she can stop by the desk when she gets off work. I have had that happen a few times.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #1586
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy

I've just booked with a few weeks notice and there were no 60% off offers with discounted dining for where we wanted to stay, we got 50% off though so we're happy with that

Does anyone know if DD still has to go a few days prior to arrival to produce her id if she's staying in the room with us or is on the day ok? I don't know what shift she's on yet so she may arrive later than us
Wow...that's a bummer.
We did a 12 day trip earlier this month w/ the 60% off w/ the CM dining discount. We had booked the 50% discount but when that special came out a couple days before out trip we called and had it applied to our room and then added dining.
DD & I just got a room with the 60% off on one night's notice starting tonite. Will be joining DD shortly!

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 06-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #1587
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
If she is on the reservation it has I be day of. She can go the day before I believe but when the CM is on the registration they are suppose to be who checks in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
She can go the day of - if she works later than you they will likely allow you to check in and then she can stop by the desk when she gets off work. I have had that happen a few times.

Liz
Thank you both, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until her rota is done and then work it from then, I was going to do online check-in so if she's on a late she could go and see them in the morning but not pick up the keys which I'll do later in the evening when I arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Wow...that's a bummer.
We did a 12 day trip earlier this month w/ the 60% off w/ the CM dining discount. We had booked the 50% discount but when that special came out a couple days before out trip we called and had it applied to our room and then added dining.
DD & I just got a room with the 60% off on one night's notice starting tonite. Will be joining DD shortly!
No bummer really, I can't do ADRs as I don't know what she's working, we're staying in DVC so I can prepare breakfast and snacks there, I'm happy to be going and seeing DD and getting a good price for my room . Enjoy your time with your DD tonight
__________________
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #1588
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza

If she is on the reservation it has I be day of. She can go the day before I believe but when the CM is on the registration they are suppose to be who checks in.
Actually I don't believe that is quite accurate...or at least that hasn't been my experience at all...and I have visited DD in March, May, and June. They can go and show their ID up to 10 days prior to the start of the reservation and they don't 'have' to be the one to check in. I have checked 'us' in and DD was on the ressie each time. She would actually go early (at the 10 day out mark) to show her ID and talk to the room assigner because that's when rooms are starting to be assigned to see that are requests were met because it's easier to get moved at that point rather than at check in esp if the resorts are busier. Besides I always pay the balance at check in, and she can't do that.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #1589
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran
 
wilkeliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

Actually I don't believe that is quite accurate...or at least that hasn't been my experience at all...and I have visited DD in March, May, and June. They can go and show their ID up to 10 days prior to the start of the reservation and they don't 'have' to be the one to check in. I have checked 'us' in and DD was on the ressie each time. She would actually go early (at the 10 day out mark) to show her ID and talk to the room assigner because that's when rooms are starting to be assigned to see that are requests were met because it's easier to get moved at that point rather than at check in esp if the resorts are busier. Besides I always pay the balance at check in, and she can't do that.
Him I was just following what is written in our company policy hand book. Seems they are being more relaxed recently (since start of 2013) because when I first started with the company CM had to check in and card used to pay for the room had to be in the CM name. They also use to make a huge deal. Since 2013 I've had no one make a big deal about it not being my card. I've still always been who physically checks in because that's what is written as the policy for CM full discount.

Just as a head up I give information as it is written in CM handouts and on the hub. I have other experiences that contradict that but try not to give them as answers because I would hate for that exception to no longer be in use and someone get down to Florida and be unprepared.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #1590
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Actually I don't believe that is quite accurate...or at least that hasn't been my experience at all...and I have visited DD in March, May, and June. They can go and show their ID up to 10 days prior to the start of the reservation and they don't 'have' to be the one to check in. I have checked 'us' in and DD was on the ressie each time. She would actually go early (at the 10 day out mark) to show her ID and talk to the room assigner because that's when rooms are starting to be assigned to see that are requests were met because it's easier to get moved at that point rather than at check in esp if the resorts are busier. Besides I always pay the balance at check in, and she can't do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Him I was just following what is written in our company policy hand book. Seems they are being more relaxed recently (since start of 2013) because when I first started with the company CM had to check in and card used to pay for the room had to be in the CM name. They also use to make a huge deal. Since 2013 I've had no one make a big deal about it not being my card. I've still always been who physically checks in because that's what is written as the policy for CM full discount.

Just as a head up I give information as it is written in CM handouts and on the hub. I have other experiences that contradict that but try not to give them as answers because I would hate for that exception to no longer be in use and someone get down to Florida and be unprepared.
Thank you for your help both of you . There is no way DD could afford to pay the bill, we're going for 12 night and her credit card limit is too low so my card will be used, it was accepted on the reservation. I would prefer it if DD didn't have to go to resort up to 10 days prior as she is relying on the buses and it will take a few hours out of her day, guess I need to wait until her rota is done as if she's on an early or not.
__________________
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: