Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I don't think they are trying to mislead anyone either. I heard similar info from a trusted source before either of these threads were started so I believe it to be true.

Also, I see your point (I think it was in the other thread) about people seeming like trolls about the whole "official" thing. However, look at it from the other side. Why do people keep posting "official" and "confirmed" when they know the reaction it will get if it isn't from an official source?

Sadly, Some folks just to like to pick a fight, when there is no fight to pick!

With that said, I see this as more and more evidence that changes are coming to WDW.

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 06-14-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to be reserved about this one, I would love for it to be true but that's an awful lot of money to be spent at one time.

I will say that if this does happen, this will make my family extremely excited and the time frame works out perfect for us, by the time of completion, my boys will 6 & 7, I can't think of a better age for them to enjoy both of these.....
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

Is there a projected time frame for when Disney would officially announce major expansions like these?
maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
I'm trying to be reserved about this one, I would love for it to be true but that's an awful lot of money to be spent at one time.
Depends on the scope. But it is a five-year effort (according to the sources), Cars isn't going anywhere and should answer the complaint that Disney never does anything for boys, and not only is Star Wars a premium franchise in its own right, there's a lot of movie cross-promotion to do.

Plus, if this can essentially expand capacity at DHS (and make it a full-day destination), it's that many more guests they can accommodate in WDW as a whole and might add a day to a large number of on-site reservations.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #20
RoyalFamily
Earning My Ears

How long do we have to wait for the Marvel universe to get its own land?
RoyalFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFamily View Post
Until perpetuity wears out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post

I will say that if this does happen, this will make my family extremely excited and the time frame works out perfect for us, by the time of completion, my boys will 6 & 7, I can't think of a better age for them to enjoy both of these.....
It also seems like it would be a lot taken out of the park at once... unless they finish one part and open it fully before adding the next.

Going with the plan the author thought more likely, they'd have the entire Backlot, LMA, Muppets, a playground (not really a big deal, but playgrounds inside the parks are becoming scarce...), and likely the Streets of America all down at the same time. It'd rival the Great Wall of Fantasyland, only this time include more than a couple pieces that were pre-existing.

Not to say I don't want to see it, I do...and ready in time for October at that! I'm just a bit pessimistic about the overall timeline (as well as the veracity of it actually happening in the first place.)

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)

Last edited by Cafeen; 06-14-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #22
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemayhem View Post
Is there a projected time frame for when Disney would officially announce major expansions like these?
Speculation is that the announcements would come at the D23 Expo in August.
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Well that should free up some TSM FP+'s.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I think it's reasonable to expect these things will happen, though I still prefer a Pixar land to a Cars Land. 2018 is ambitious if only for the fact that in order to concurrently build both expansions, a lot of content evaporates from DHS in that time. It's not like this park isn't already hurting for lack of attractions.

I do want to see something new at DHS, I do want to see it grow. But I don't want to lose Muppets or Osborne Display of Lights. I cross my fingers there is a solution for both.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #25
Moxin
Mouseketeer

As much as I love reading this board, until Disney actually makes the announcement, there is nothing official about any rumor or speculation. I would LOVE this to be true, and I had a feeling from the day Disney bought Lucas such a plan would eventually be forthcoming, but I have long since learned to wait for real "official" announcements before getting too excited.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFamily View Post
If that happens, it would most likely go to DLR as Disney isn't allowed to use Marvel characters in FL (due to the contract with Universal). There are rumors that they may use Marvel to create a 3rd gate in CA though.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

I think it's inevitable that Disney will invest in DHS. I think it's likely that Cars or Star Wars or both will be represented. The company's investment in California is paying off very well, and DHS has the potential to see similar gains. Something might be made official at the D23 Expo.

HOWEVER... Allow me the jump on the bandwagon here... The title of this thread, "It is official afterall. Star Wars Land and Cars Land at DHS!" is WRONG. Nothing is official at this point.

Roberts Niles uses phrases such as "It looks as though." His article is about rumors. The Walt Disney Company has not announced anything officially about a major expansion of DHS.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #28
Moxin
Mouseketeer

I concur, DHS needs a MAJOR overhaul. It's not even a full day park anymore. I can blow through there in about 4-5 hours and see everything there is to offer. It's the logical place to bring in CL and SWL (especially since both are based on movies).
Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
Tlrhodes
Earning My Ears

Not to beat a dead horse, but I read this title and then saw a link to an article associated with and got super excited...only to realize that the author is really just speculating (granted he may be more in the know).

I really hope its true and I definitely think this will happen, but seems like the article kind of jumps the gun a bit.
Tlrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #30
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
If that happens, it would most likely go to DLR as Disney isn't allowed to use Marvel characters in FL (due to the contract with Universal). There are rumors that they may use Marvel to create a 3rd gate in CA though.
I was thinking we don't have to wait, we just have to go to Universal...
thepoohguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: