Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post

That's even worse, right? You'd expect to be relatively safe in a sleeper car. I would hope you could lock the door.
It's not a compartment. It like in the old movies where it's bunk beds.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
It's not a compartment. It like in the old movies where it's bunk beds.
Exactly so. Think of the individual compartments that have two long seats in them (seating 6 people face to face). The seat becomes one bed, the back flips up to make the middle bed, and there's a pull down higher up for the highest bed.

Up to six people will share the sleeping space. You don't "get ready for bed", no pjs, etc. You take off your shoes, and sleep in your clothes.

That's how we traveled through Europe many times.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #18
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

this post makes me happy that I ordered the KYSS bag. the chain will be wrapped around everything I can wrap it around. it will be a little harder to take and anything is a deterent. if they have to work to get it they'll move on to someone else.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #19
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

I am truly sorry that you lost your purse, just glad you managed to get home safe. That can never be a nice feeling, wee you by yourself? We were there on Saturday 8th June.

Trouble is, no matter where in the world you are, train stations are always a thieves super market (not just Europe). We did have a dodgy guy come up to us in Paris and I sent him on his way, but then the guards came and moved him on. I think he took a look at us using the ticket machine with kids and hoped I would be distracted by my boys. Not a chance, I am always on guard no matter whether I am on the train to work or anywhere else.

Myself, DH and 2 young kids just did the return trip on the over night train and we didn't let anything leave our site. We kept all bags shut and in front of us. Heck, we waiting 10 hours for the train, some time in the station and most of it in the park next door by a bench. We even chilled on the grass under a tree with our legs on the cases and used the others for a head rest.

The amount of local people that told us to be cautious was unbelievable and kind. There were lots of men roaming the park trying to sell you water, but they seemed harmless. Maybe given the right opportunity they would try something, but I saw lot of people leaving things for easy pickings and they were fine.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: