Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #256
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
If you read the original post on this thread, Joe said he thinks early August. I am still hoping it comes earlier, because that is an awful long wait.
Late July-First week of August is what it's looking like. Remember, the summer promo expires July 31.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #257
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Late July-First week of August is what it's looking like. Remember, the summer promo expires July 31.
Thanks Joe!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #258
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
I am taking a 5 year old and plan on going Friday night October 4 th I think?? When will you guys be going?
We are doing MNSSHP, too, but haven't decided on the date yet - the third or the fourth? Thursday the 3rd is DD6 seventh birthday and we have BOG reservations at 5:30. I originally thought we would go on Friday - you know, the night of our vacation, might as well go out in style! But then I started thinking more about it (ha! Obsessing over plans? That's odd ) and didn't know if we should just go on Thursday because it may be less crowded and costs a bit less Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #259
m2m09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKyleigh View Post
I am so happy to see this thread. We are going from Dec. 18-26 and my dh is not too happy about our package price right now without dining. If we could get free dining that would make everyone happy.

My parents were suppose to come with us - staying same resort but different room. A few weeks ago, they decided to go to Colorado to visit my brother for Christmas instead. Guess who got a pin code in the mail last week - yep, my parents. I have it at my house now just so I know what I have to look for.
That totally stinks that your parents got a pin after deciding not go Such a bummer! Hopefully FD opens up and we all get what we want

m2m09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #260
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have they ever overlapped offers?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #261
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torigans mom View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm a long time lurker and first time poster
I have booked October 18-25 and am also hoping for free dining.
I love reading all of your posts on here
Welcome!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #262
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Have they ever overlapped offers?
They are overlapping now. The Summer and Early-Fall offers are currently running. That takes things through the end of September so far.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #263
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They are overlapping now. The Summer and Early-Fall offers are currently running. That takes things through the end of September so far.
Oh yeah, that's right! I wasn't thinking! :P
Old 06-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #264
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

So, I have been looking at my "if FD goes "public" options. I have to check in 11/08, but FD would start 11/11. I want to do room only for 3 nights, then check in for my resort, FD, and tickets all on one package. I also want to pick up tickets 3 days early so I can go to the parks during my room only stay. Every CM I have spoken to has said that there is no way to pick up tickets early if I book a package that I have to book tickets separately and have them put on will call. Why would I not be able to get them a few days early?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #265
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
So, I have been looking at my "if FD goes "public" options. I have to check in 11/08, but FD would start 11/11. I want to do room only for 3 nights, then check in for my resort, FD, and tickets all on one package. I also want to pick up tickets 3 days early so I can go to the parks during my room only stay. Every CM I have spoken to has said that there is no way to pick up tickets early if I book a package that I have to book tickets separately and have them put on will call. Why would I not be able to get them a few days early?
You can get them early. The phone cms just don't know it. Here is a sticky thread Everything about tickets that explains how to do it. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684 Look at post 15I.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #266
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
You can get them early. The phone cms just don't know it. Here is a sticky thread Everything about tickets that explains how to do it. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684 Look at post 15I.
Do the CMs at guest services have the discretion of not doing it since that is "policy" when you call? I just wouldn't have the money to buy 3 days of tickets for my whole party out of pocket if they refused.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #267
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
Do the CMs at guest services have the discretion of not doing it since that is "policy" when you call? I just wouldn't have the money to buy 3 days of tickets for my whole party out of pocket if they refused.
According to that thread. "Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows." I have read a few people say they had trouble with it, but asked for a supervisor or asked the CM to double check, and always ended up with the tickets in the end.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #268
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
According to that thread. "Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows." I have read a few people say they had trouble with it, but asked for a supervisor or asked the CM to double check, and always ended up with the tickets in the end.
I am really tempted to do it, my biggest hesitation if it doesn't work (other than the $) is my husband. He has no patients for things like that and it would ruin his mood and possible his view of Disney lol.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #269
btirendi
KingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
So I was fortunate enough to get a pin in the mail recently. We had originally been booked in a POR preferred room. There were no rooms available in POR for the free dining pin. We actually switched to Boardwalk because paying rack with free dining there was actually cheaper than paying rack AND dining plan at POR. So, we kind of got a room upgrade for a small savings. But, I am hoping this public offer comes out and there are POR preferred rooms included in it!! It will save us like $2800!!! Fingers crossed! DO we have any ideas an approximate timeframe for release? I saw July but wasn't sure if it was beginning or end? If beginning, we are really only about 2 1/2 weeks or so out!!!

Was it really cheaper to go to Boardwalk with Free dining vs Riverside and paying for dining? I was pricing out both for 7nts, 2A, 2Ch, 7day tix with Water/Park Hopper...POR prefered room with Pool View & Dining was about 4165. The same for Standard Boardwalk room was 4,685. Was there any other discounts in your PIN offer? I want to be prepared with Options if FD comes out and my Room /resort is not avialable. Thx
btirendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #270
btirendi
KingPin

Free dining for me!!

I have been on the boards for the past 2 months enjoying all the updates and information out here. Like everyone else I have been following Free dining-FreeDining Part 2 - and now Free Dining Extension threads. I have called Disney 4-5 days a week checking on Pins, Looking in Mail everyday, and just plain hoping for announcement of Offers for Oct-Dec. My BIL calls me a few days back to tell me he received offer in Mail for Free Dining - But hes going on Disney Cruise in Jan so wasnt going. My parents even had a Room discount under their address but they are not going. Well today I called and checked and NO Pin on my account. I asked for someone to speak with about my frustration in not having anything (ever) and th CM connected me with Guest Services. The gentleman that answered was very nice (like mostly all are) and said unfortunately the Marketing promos have no rhyme or reason they just go out. I thanked him and said I understood, but just felt at a bit of a disadvantage compared to rest of my family that recieved Pins but doesnt go as often. He then asked me to hold while he took a look at anything he may have. About 10 minutes of checking and he said he could provide me FREE DINING for my stay, at my currently booked resort and room type (POR Royal Pool view). I seriously almost keeled over when he said that. He updated my Ressie and I am good to go. I cant say enough about Disney and the extremes they go to ensuring Customer Satisfaction. This is why we go so much and look forward to our time there. Good Luck to all who are still waiting for Free dining - I hope you all make out well.
btirendi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: