Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #16
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scleary View Post
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was frowned upon to take him to the kids' club half-way through dinner. Hopefully, it won't be an issue!
DCL does whatever they can to make sure everyone in your party has a great "magical" vacation. They will keep your food warm if you have to slip out to drop DS off. Or, they may even have a counselor from Oceanears come get him. Don't stress, DCL is a perfect stress free vacation for all family members
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

My DS would fall asleep during dinner every night. The servers brought over an extra chair and faced them together and then covered DS with the cloth napkins for a blanket. He had that much fun everyday and was that exhausted come dinner time.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
I see it as they sit alike couples as in "kids close in age." I've been sat with others twice and was not happy either time. Never again. I can deal with my own kid. I don't go on vacation to deal with others kids. And when they are at your table, like it or not, you're dealing with them.
Yeah, that's basically my fear right there!

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
aanderson5
DIS Veteran

We will be cruising next Jan when DD is 2.5. The plan is to have her eat with us in the MDRs. We go out to eat a couple of times a week and our average meal is usually over an hour so I think/hope she will be fine on the cruise. She does need to be entertained with coloring, books, the occasional video if she is tired or the food takes a while to arrive but on the whole she is pretty good. Most likely because she is used to going out and enjoys eating.

She is actually quite a 'spirited' child but thankfully does quite well in restaurants. She is nothing compared to my son at this age. He was an angel in restaurants. We could sit through a 2 hour meal with him and he would entertain himself with sugar packets. LOL
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
dandjfla
DCL addict!

I was very nervous with my 3 yr old son but it worked out great. We had late seating and every night he would fall asleep during the show prior to dinner so at least he got a little nap in! Then at dinner time he bonded with the servers so well that half the time he was looking around for them because he couldn't wait to see what they would say to him or what trick they had to show him. That kept him very entertained, also, they bring out the kids meal first while you have you appetizer and then they get desert as you meal comes out so the timing is perfect!

3/14/13 Disney Dream
10/31/13 Disney Dream on Halloween!
2/3/14 Disney Magic
10/1/14 Disney Wonder Double Dip

10/24/15 Disney Fantasy Grand Slam!
dandjfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Buster131
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your ideas and comments. I made nursery res for every night an hour after we are to be seated. We'll play it by ear but I am calm knowing I can take her to the nursery and enjoy the rest of our meal if need be

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: