Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #181
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears

PFTS is our FAV thing at the festival!! The last time DH and I went to PFTS was in 2009 prior to the mid-level price that included reserved seats and we did the Wine View Lounge so we'd have a table. Can anyone that's been there more recently tell me what you're getting additionally in the WVL now? Last time we were there it was a cheese display and a premium bar - but after all that wine we weren't really looking for premium cocktails :-) Just trying to figure out whether the additional $100 / pp would be worth it to move up from reserved seating to WVL...

PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #182
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I am thinking no special events for us this trip. Being it will be our first time at F&W I do think just trying to squeeze in all the Food Booths on our 3 Epcot days will keep us quite busy.

I hope everyone is able to book what you want on 8/13. Going to be a long 2 months of waiting.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #183
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm happy to see that the Grand Mariner tasting is back. I hope its in France and not the Festival Center. We're staying at the Beach Club so that will be much easier to stumble back to the room!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #184
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
PFTS is our FAV thing at the festival!! The last time DH and I went to PFTS was in 2009 prior to the mid-level price that included reserved seats and we did the Wine View Lounge so we'd have a table. Can anyone that's been there more recently tell me what you're getting additionally in the WVL now? Last time we were there it was a cheese display and a premium bar - but after all that wine we weren't really looking for premium cocktails :-) Just trying to figure out whether the additional $100 / pp would be worth it to move up from reserved seating to WVL...
We did WVL the first year they started it and then last year. Last year the bar had a couple wines not out in the regular areas but they were nothing special and a few more cocktail items. You also get a appetizer and they had a dessert that was special to WVL. If your not drinking cocktails, I personally would skip it.
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #185
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Still patiently waiting to find out the details of our Blissful Bites. The menus should be available sometime, right?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #186
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Still patiently waiting to find out the details of our Blissful Bites. The menus should be available sometime, right?
Nope!

Generally they give some "vague" details, but you don't get detailed menus in advance.

Sorry!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #187
WeeVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
We did WVL the first year they started it and then last year. Last year the bar had a couple wines not out in the regular areas but they were nothing special and a few more cocktail items. You also get a appetizer and they had a dessert that was special to WVL. If your not drinking cocktails, I personally would skip it.
We also figured out we didn't try as many items from the different areas while sitting in the WVL. We were comfortable with the seating and the service so we didn't get up and sample things as much as previous years.

Cheese table, cocktail bar, wines, water, service (dirty plates and flatware removed), WVL wine glasses, goody bag with minor items, dessert. I seem to remember a table of chocolates but can't be positive.

Also, you receive early entrance, about 15 minutes, to try items, with no lines and no stampede.

Last edited by WeeVee; 06-13-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Addition
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #188
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

We were going to do 4 of the special events but opted out and decided to do just one. The Marketplace VIP Chef's tour....didn't see it.

No Chef VIP tour, did I miss it and it doesn't get listed here?
HiMagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #189
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The list released by the Disney Blog is doubtless not the complete list of events. Will probably have to wait for the complete list to confirm whether or not the Chef's Tour will be returning.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #190
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The list released by the Disney Blog is doubtless not the complete list of events. Will probably have to wait for the complete list to confirm whether or not the Chef's Tour will be returning.
good to know, thanks! will keep watching....
HiMagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #191
mickeyhereicome
Mouseketeer

First time for Food & Wine

This will be our first time attending F&W. We will be at WDW from Nov 10-15. I know this is the marathon weekend plus Monday is Veteran's Day and these are the last days of F&W. We were planning for Sunday afternoon/evening for F&W. Do you think we can do it all in one day? Should I plan for Monday also? Trying to also pick the best day for MVMCP.

TIA
mickeyhereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #192
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

This is when we attended last year. When the crowds picked up on Sunday, by about 1 or 2pm,they really picked up!! If you can add a day do it! I was so glad we did most of our booth experimenting on friday am and early pm because the waiting in line really takes a bite out of your day. I also didn't think it would matter so much to me to have a seat or a table while i was eating, but it did. Trying to share a 4 inch plate with DH while having strangers standing at my elbows and back (esp at Ireland!!) was not fun or relaxing! I would suspect Monday crowds may be similar, so 2 days is better than 1. It's also helpful to review menus in advance so you can head to those booths before the crowds roll in.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #193
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm happy to see that the Grand Mariner tasting is back. I hope its in France and not the Festival Center. We're staying at the Beach Club so that will be much easier to stumble back to the room!
One of thr best reasons to stay at an Epcot resort!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #194
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhereicome View Post
This will be our first time attending F&W. We will be at WDW from Nov 10-15. I know this is the marathon weekend plus Monday is Veteran's Day and these are the last days of F&W. We were planning for Sunday afternoon/evening for F&W. Do you think we can do it all in one day? Should I plan for Monday also? Trying to also pick the best day for MVMCP.

TIA
guess it depends on what you mean by "do it all in one day" ... do you mean try every single booth? Attend a concert? do demonstrations, special meals/events?

I'd say it is hard to do it all in one day no matter the crowds, but given that there likely will be solid crowds I think it will be hard - and if you try to do a lot with the crowds it might not be as enjoyable.

If you can add Monday - maybe even just the afternoon of Monday and do another park in the morning if you don't have time for another full day at EPCOT you will be better off

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #195
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

This will be our first time at F&W. I have a question about Canada. If they have the cheese soup, does it include any pretzel bread? If not, is there anywhere to get some without making a reservation for Le Cellier?
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: