Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Question If you have done Las Caletas in Puerta Vallarta

I really want to book this excursion, it looks great for my kids and all the posts I've seen says it is great BUT... we arrive in PV at 10am and leave at 3:30pm. The excursion page for DCL says this is a 7-7.5 hour excursion, but obviously, for us, the max it will be is 5.5 and probably a little less. PLUS, it takes an hour to get there and back, right? So realistically, we will be lucky to actually spend 3 hours there. And it is kind of expensive - $95 for adults and $65 for kids. I don't mind spending the money for a great excursion, but will the short amount of time ruin for us?
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Scrubba2
Mouseketeer

Yes, I think it is worth it! It did go really fast and it wasn't about relaxation since we have kids lol. The kiddy zip line was great, and the donkey ride and monkey visit were a hit. We also enjoyed kayaking. The place is gorgeous, the food is good, the service was awesome and the margaritas kept coming! Wish I could go back there soon! Enjoy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

This excursion was a major highlight for us last year! We had a complete blast and our kids loved it. I honestly don't remember how much time we had there, but we were busy the second we set foot there until we left. (I know that some folks just find a seat and relax, we had no relaxing, it was all playing!) It was worth every penny we paid and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Our girls were seven at the time and did everything that was offered.

And the boat ride there and back was also fun. And the crew of the boat was fantastic, although it isn't necessary, we gave them a big tip at the end.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone - I will book it as soon as my window opens. One more thing I forgot to ask: my mom, who will be 80 and walks with a cane or a walker, will be with us (this is her birthday present cruise). Do you think she'll have problems getting on and off the boat that takes you over? Once we get there she can sit in a chair and watch the ocean...
Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Sparky47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Thanks everyone - I will book it as soon as my window opens. One more thing I forgot to ask: my mom, who will be 80 and walks with a cane or a walker, will be with us (this is her birthday present cruise). Do you think she'll have problems getting on and off the boat that takes you over? Once we get there she can sit in a chair and watch the ocean...
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that excursion is not available on our Panama Canal cruise. I'm on that cruise too, and as a Gold Member I have already booked my excursions. The frustrating thing about the DCL website is that it shows ALL excursions that COULD be available at a port. But depending on how long the ship is in port, some excursions may not be available. When I saw your post, I looked it up because it didn't sound familiar. Since we aren't in port the length of that excursion, it's not offered. I wanted you to know so you could be prepared with another excursion rather than being disappointed when you went to book it. Let me know if you want me to check on any other excursions (in Puerto Vallarta or any of the ports we are visiting).

Linda
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky47 View Post
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that excursion is not available on our Panama Canal cruise. I'm on that cruise too, and as a Gold Member I have already booked my excursions. The frustrating thing about the DCL website is that it shows ALL excursions that COULD be available at a port. But depending on how long the ship is in port, some excursions may not be available. When I saw your post, I looked it up because it didn't sound familiar. Since we aren't in port the length of that excursion, it's not offered. I wanted you to know so you could be prepared with another excursion rather than being disappointed when you went to book it. Let me know if you want me to check on any other excursions (in Puerto Vallarta or any of the ports we are visiting).

Linda
Oh BUMMMER!!! I was so looking forward to that!! But thank you for telling me, i would have been VERY upset at midnight on Saturday when I went to book. That would be great if you could tell me what else was/wasn't available! Let me look at what else they have and maybe I can PM you back?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Sparky47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Oh BUMMMER!!! I was so looking forward to that!! But thank you for telling me, i would have been VERY upset at midnight on Saturday when I went to book. That would be great if you could tell me what else was/wasn't available! Let me look at what else they have and maybe I can PM you back?
Sure thing - I've asked others to do it in the past so I'm glad to repay the favor. You can either PM me or you can post it on our cruise thread for others on the cruise to see and I'll be happy to let you know.
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
mamachap
Mouseketeer

Found this old thread looking for info on las Caletas... Any other thumbs up/down?
It's almost $400 for us, since DS is 12.... Worth it??
mamachap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #9
mamachap
Mouseketeer

Found this Old Thread while searching for info
On Las Caletas.
See a few here recommend it, but anyone else?
It's almost $400 for us- wanting to know pros/cons.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

We did it. It was beautiful and secluded and we would book it again. It did take a while to get there and back though so make sure you are aware of that.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
mamachap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
We did it. It was beautiful and secluded and we would book it again. It did take a while to get there and back though so make sure you are aware of that.
Thanks. Had heard it's 45-60 minutes to get there/back.

That's part of my hang up. 90-120 minutes travel for almost $400.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Yes however part of the cost is the transportation so it is what it is.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #13
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

I was so excited to do this on our stop in PV back in May and was seriously underwhelmed. The food and service were good, but the boat ride is LONG, especially with two small children in tow, and I absolutely HATED the beach -- it was rough and nearly impossible to walk in without constantly sinking down almost to my knees. By the time me and my kids managed to get off the boat with all our stuff, pretty much all the good chairs were taken and the two beaches are not at all big. I regretted choosing Las Caletas over Paradise Beach, which we had done the year before in PV and LOVED.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: