Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #136
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

I think growing up going to DL I really like everything. The one thing I haven't been on in years is the canoes. My kids are 3 and 5 and I don't plan on trying those until they are older and won't soak everyone sitting near them! LOL.

I LOVE the Tiki Room. It was my sons first ride ever when he was 10 months, mainly because he LOVES the song (and still does). We still go at least once a trip. My boys just love it.

As an adult, I don't see the point of Autopia.......but it's for the kids! Don't you remember how exciting it was as a kid to be able to drive? Even on a track, just to be given full control of the car? It cracks me up taking my kids on Autopia. We have some hilarious videos of my boys and they have a smile on their face the entire time. (although it sometimes feels like a rougher ride then the Matterhorn because we constantly hit the track, haha)

Innoventions. Haven't been in there in years! And don't plan on going anytime soon..........hoping they revitalize TL soon.

I guess my mind changed a lot when I had kids. Attractions I thought I had no interest in anymore became favorites again.
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #137
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
DLR's is so much better then Magic Kingdom's, too. There's a nice, *quiet* queue at Disneyland. MK has super-loud "activities" for kids waiting in line (a *drumming station*? really WDW?) that will drive adults our of their minds if the line is long. You can't escape the noise until you get on the ride. It's totally sucky. I never appreciated Disneyland's WtP ride more until I stood in that awful MK line. (I'd actually call it the worst show experience I've ever had at a Disney park.)
OMG...that sounds like a nightmare! Note to self: if we ever go to WDW, sty FAR, FAR away from WtP!!

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #138
DisneylandFlower
Lovin' Disney 365 Days of the Year!

I'm shocked! We LOVE It's Tough To Be a Bug, IASW, Star Tours, Casey Jr., Storybook Canal boats, and all Fantasy Land rides, Haunted Mansion, Pirates (who couldn't love Pirates? ). We LOVE Soarin' over California!!! We LOVE Grizzly River Run (such a thrill ride!!). We love to watch Fantasmic!, Fireworks, Aladdin, Capt. EO, probably all of the shows at DL!!!!). Total Disneyland fan!
DisneylandFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #139
wdwmoose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandFlower View Post
I'm shocked! We LOVE It's Tough To Be a Bug, IASW, Star Tours, Casey Jr., Storybook Canal boats, and all Fantasy Land rides, Haunted Mansion, Pirates (who couldn't love Pirates? ). We LOVE Soarin' over California!!! We LOVE Grizzly River Run (such a thrill ride!!). We love to watch Fantasmic!, Fireworks, Aladdin, Capt. EO, probably all of the shows at DL!!!!). Total Disneyland fan!
Looks like we probably won't be seeing you in half those lines, lol
Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #140
LizzyS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
It's a "4D" presentation (like Captain Eo, It's Tough to Be a Bug, etc.), so it has a lot of "gotcha" moments that go beyond the movie. (Moving props dropping in from the ceiling--or popping up, ahem, closer nearby.) It's a lot of fun once you know what's coming. The first time I can see some kids being unnerved by it. (Some adults, too, depending on how much you like or don't like surprises.)
I'll straight up say that, from your description, I would probably scream myself and I'll be 30 in two weeks!

1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #141
wdwmoose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyS View Post

I'll straight up say that, from your description, I would probably scream myself and I'll be 30 in two weeks!
It's Tough to be a Bug is one of our faves.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #142
Vikingbro
Earning My Ears

I think I have to agree with a lot of the earlier posts:

IASW
Nemo (stinks in the subs)
Buzz Lightyear (lasers never work for me)
Canoes (I am at DL for fun - not a workout)
Matterhorn (the new bobsleds don't work for me)

My wife and I are spoiled as Premium APs, so we go when we want a change of scenery. We'll hit the train to New Orleans Square, hit HM and POTC and then go home.

For those that just call out Soarin', are you talking about the DCA one the one in FL? We LOVE Soarin' Over California!
Vikingbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #143
LizzyS
DIS Veteran

To be honest, I was disappointed in the screen/image quality with Soarin', though I did really like it.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #144
WTFetus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
To be honest, I was disappointed in the screen/image quality with Soarin', though I did really like it.
It also isn't very cool if you get the 3rd row instead of the 1st row. In the 3rd row, you can see the bottom of the projection screen and you can see the dangling feet of the people in row 2, so it ruins the immersion.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #145
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is what I said...does anyone know if it has deteriorated in some way over time or was I just remembering it too fondly?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #146
LizzyS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
It also isn't very cool if you get the 3rd row instead of the 1st row. In the 3rd row, you can see the bottom of the projection screen and you can see the dangling feet of the people in row 2, so it ruins the immersion.
That's where I was!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #147
butterflymouse
Mouseketeer

Gotta agree with everyone on Finding Nemo. This ride is completely over hyped. The first time we went on it, we waited almost a hour. We all came off the ride completely unimpressed. It is not worth an hour wait. It's not worth a 20 minute wait. We went on a second time when it was a 5 minute wait, and found the ride much more enjoyable. It's amazing how much wait time can change your opinion. I will never go on Finding Nemo for more than a 15 minute wait.

I don't like California Screamin' or Tower of Terror either, but that's more me not liking big thrill rides rather than me not "getting" them.

I'm otherwise satisfied with all the rides. It's the nostalgia in me. Disneyland can barely do wrong in my eyes.
Disneyland April 2007|Disneyland Resort January 2008
Disneyland Resort November 2008|Disneyland Resort August 2009
Disneyland Resort August 2010|Disneyland November 2011
Disneyland Resort November 2013|Disneyland Resort February 2014
butterflymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #148
pennyring
Thrift Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandannette View Post
This is what I said...does anyone know if it has deteriorated in some way over time or was I just remembering it too fondly?
I don't think it's deteriorated. We just all bought High Def tvs in the last ten years, so we're spoiled. We're used to NEW technology and Soarin' is old tech.

It just needs a new HD movie.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #149
LizzyS
DIS Veteran

I think my issue with Soarin' (and this was in February of this year) is that there were spots in the picture in the bottom, right hand side of the screen. They were there no matter what scene was on the screen, but as someone mentioned earlier, I WAS in the third row!

Old 06-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #150
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring View Post
I don't think it's deteriorated. We just all bought High Def tvs in the last ten years, so we're spoiled. We're used to NEW technology and Soarin' is old tech.

It just needs a new HD movie.
Very clever assessment...I would not have thought of it but I'm sure you're correct!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: