Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #2551
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
It didn't help that it was a 5 day and only 1 sea day.
Well there ya go...its all in the details!!!!

Quote:
Unless the very nice lady from Virginia with concierge can pull some strings for some of us to eat together.
Well that could work, or she may not want to own up that she even knows us...

I did ask the question on the message board, the one answer I got was this....for all of us to book our own ressies for brunch, we need to try and do the same day and as close as we can to same time, then when we or one of us gets on the ship ask to see if they can link us at that time.
So if we go that way, we would need one person to run as fast as they can and get to where the reservation people are waiting and ask to do this for us also that "designated" person will need to have the list of names and reservation numbers....
and Chuck, I'm thinking it should be the lady from virginia as she will be one of the frist on the ship just sayin...
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #2552
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post

I did ask the question on the message board, the one answer I got was this....for all of us to book our own ressies for brunch, we need to try and do the same day and as close as we can to same time, then when we or one of us gets on the ship ask to see if they can link us at that time.
So if we go that way, we would need one person to run as fast as they can and get to where the reservation people are waiting and ask to do this for us also that "designated" person will need to have the list of names and reservation numbers....
and Chuck, I'm thinking it should be the lady from virginia as she will be one of the frist on the ship just sayin...
The response you got was what I expected. Just hope some of us are able to get times close enough.

Last edited by philatiger; 06-12-2013 at 01:36 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #2553
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I quoted the wrong message, easier to just delete it and put an x.
I thought it was a code!! You know, x marks the spot.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #2554
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unless the very nice lady from Virginia with concierge can pull some strings for some of us to eat together.
who?

Can I do that? Don't they have to be in my stateroom for me to make reservations? I can try....

Quote:

My first, one and only Group 1 Boarding!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #2555
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
who?

Can I do that? Don't they have to be in my stateroom for me to make reservations? I can try....

My first, one and only Group 1 Boarding!
Disney is the only cruise line we don't book a suite. Our concierge's on other lines always accomodate our requests. I would think the concierge could link our reservations together for brunch as long as we all had one close to the same time. But please don't go out of your way.

Many of us have been chatting on here for a long time and it would be nice to sit down to a meal together.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #2556
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney is the only cruise line we don't book a suite. Our concierge's on other lines always accomodate our requests. I would think the concierge could link our reservations together for brunch as long as we all had one close to the same time. But please don't go out of your way.

Many of us have been chatting on here for a long time and it would be nice to sit down to a meal together.
Oh I agree! I thought you meant for me to book like a 6 top...which I would do, if they will let me. That's what I meant about will they let me book a large table even though there is only two of us. I'm especially dumb about that. I know we can link reservations after we all have them.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #2557
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I thought it was a code!! You know, x marks the spot.
I thought he blew us a kiss

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #2558
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Wow I have a lot of catching up to do... 10+ pages.......

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #2559
Dixielady908

So I think we are going to have to decide what sea day we want to do brunch and around what time...and go from there. I am just wondering if the second sea day would be better....as most people will book the first day? I don't know just throw thoughts out there.....

I would like to do brunch around the 10:30 am time...what is everyone else's feelings on this time? I don't care which sea day 1st or 2nd.

anyway, still home right now, our water heater went out!! $$$$ just what I don't need right now...so they are installing the new one now, then I will head to work this afternoon.

have a good one

1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #2560
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I think we are going to have to decide what sea day we want to do brunch and around what time...and go from there. I am just wondering if the second sea day would be better....as most people will book the first day? I don't know just throw thoughts out there.....

I would like to do brunch around the 10:30 am time...what is everyone else's feelings on this time? I don't care which sea day 1st or 2nd.

anyway, still home right now, our water heater went out!! $$$$ just what I don't need right now...so they are installing the new one now, then I will head to work this afternoon.

have a good one

Well, our plans were to do it on the first sea day as that is our actual anniversary. We usually do brunch at 10, is that too early? We can push it to 10:30 if that is what everyone wants.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #2561
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Well, our plans were to do it on the first sea day as that is our actual anniversary. We usually do brunch at 10, is that too early? We can push it to 10:30 if that is what everyone wants.
we are shooting for the first sea day too, time works for us. But we will take whatever we can get
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #2562
Dixielady908

Quote:
Quote:
we are shooting for the first sea day too, time works for us. But we will take whatever we can get
I'm easy and cheap!!

So 1st sea day good, 10am good.....

Stephanie, did you and Dave want "alone" time???? since it is your anniversary? or are you ok, with us all joing in on your celebration?

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #2563
Dixielady908

Also got exciting news this morning.....

Heather (my daughter) had her ultrasound and were having another GIRL..
I know that Isabella wanted a sister and no brother and actually at this point Heather wanted another girl.....I'm good and happy....just want the baby to be healthy

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 06-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #2564
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Also got exciting news this morning.....

Heather (my daughter) had her ultrasound and were having another GIRL..
I know that Isabella wanted a sister and no brother and actually at this point Heather wanted another girl.....I'm good and happy....just want the baby to be healthy
Congrats.......
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #2565
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I thought he blew us a kiss

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
...a kiss without a hug????
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: