Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
SoonerSean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki21 View Post
3 years ago, my BF and I stayed at Coronado Springs. It was his first ever trip to WDW and it was his 30th birthday!!! We had booked a standard KING room. We checked in and were placed in the casitas section. The CM never saying anything else about our room. So, We grabbed all of our stuff, walked on over and when we walked in, we discovered that we had a suite!

It was 2 rooms. One room had a giant living area with couch, chairs, coffee table, a large TV, a large round table (dining) with 4 chairs, and a bathroom with seperate toilet, shower/tub. The second room (seperated by giant sliding doors) was the master bedroom. This was similar to the standard room i had stayed in before - king bed, couch, table chairs and a large bathroom.

It was very unexpexted and a great surprise. Especially since this was darling BF's first ever trip to the world. Except now he thinks all "standard" rooms are this gigantic
Same thing happened to my youngest son and I. I've taken each of our kids for a long weekend with Dad. His time came up in 2011 and we went for a Star Wars Weekend. I booked a two-doubles room for us. We opened the door and came into a living room with couch/tv/bathroom and then through the connecting door was a king bed with it's own bath. He loved it - felt like he had his own room and slept on the couch the four nights we were there. To this day he tells people he and I went to Disney and had separate rooms.

One other trip as a family we were upgraded to the concierge floor at CR. We didn't see another soul for a week. I think that was March of 2009. We came out near the end of our stay and sat on the balcony watching the fireworks and my wife started poking my arm and pointed to the side and not 5' away was Celine Dion and her family. The CM that sits at the desk by the elevators told us our two families were their only guests at the time. We never saw them again.
SoonerSean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: