Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Let me say a few things. First, this issue does not affect me in the least. I do not visit the spa while on board, so I could care less if they have an auto gratuity. With that being said, I think Disney is missing the boat on this and many issues recently.

Basically, many people who book cruises do so because it is a way to minimize stress involved in a vacation. You simply pick a week, show up at the port, and you are pampered for a week. No cooking, no cleaning, no driving. You are fed, entertained, taken from port to port, have a place to drop off the kids, etc. The point is that you want to do as little thinking as possible and have every little last bit of stress removed from your mind.

In as much as possible, I like the cruise experience to be as fully inclusive as the cruise company can make it. DCL is not a low cost cruise line. As such, this and several other issues (I.e. the concierge tip issue), just simply add stress to the guests. DCL should have considered another tact and simply made their prices for the spa as "all inclusive" (tipping is not required and will not be accepted). The semantics of a "gratuity" really leave no other interpretation except that it should be left to the discretion of the patron.

For what this is worth, I am rapidly reconsidering sailing DCL anytime soon. I do not want to have to think about anything when I am away from work. There are so, so many great places to go and other cruise lines to try, that maybe I am tiring a little from the whole DCL mentality recently.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: