Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Keep checking! Someone on our cruise last month reported getting a cabana less than a week before we sailed. They snagged it online apparently because of a cancellation.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
We've had cabanas before and were pretty sad we couldn't snag one on our recent Fantasy sailing. We had 3 of us checking back no less than half dozen times a day for 87 days prior to sailing. We even considered the tackiest thing ever and offering up $1k cash to anyone willing to "sell" us their cabana. We didn't do it but we discussed it at length and really thought about it. I know! Desperation much??? We boarded the ship in boarding group 3, ran straight to Guest Services to wait list in case of a cancellation, and were told we were the first ones. Woot!!! Castaway Cay day came and it was pouring rain almost all day. The wind was super gusty. 2 of us had been sick the entire cruise while 2 had issues that started the night before. My family never left the ship that day. As we were pulling out the 3 adults from our staterooms stood on our verandah looking out at the cabanas and agreed: thank God we DIDN'T get one! Yikes! I felt bad for those who had them.
I think I remember reading your post about being sick on the same cruise as we were and let me tell you the cabana was a god send. We did not want to spend one more day on the boat bc of the rain so we sat in our cabana enjoyed our snacks and beverages and let the kids build sand castles in the rain. They loved it plus the rain let up w 2 hours left in castaway cay and since we were still in the cabanas went straight to our private beach and swam and played and had a great time all thanks to our cabana.
LynseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #18
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynseyK View Post

I think I remember reading your post about being sick on the same cruise as we were and let me tell you the cabana was a god send. We did not want to spend one more day on the boat bc of the rain so we sat in our cabana enjoyed our snacks and beverages and let the kids build sand castles in the rain. They loved it plus the rain let up w 2 hours left in castaway cay and since we were still in the cabanas went straight to our private beach and swam and played and had a great time all thanks to our cabana.
Yep, that was me!

If I hadn't been sick I prob'ly still would've wished we'd had a cabana. We've had them both on SB & the family beach. Soooo nice! I think if there's a way to make a rainy CC day completely do-able with ease it would be with the cabanas. It did let up right there at the end of the day. If we hadn't been feeling so beat we would've at least taken a walk. My brother & his girls who had never been did actually go out in the wind & rain midday to snorkel. I'm pretty sure they were the only ones there at the time. LOL!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #19
love5pets
Mouseketeer

What is the approximate size of the Cabanas? They are very $$ for the day but sound nice.

There will be 10 of us, would we all fit ? (first timer Disney cruising so maybe wouldn't get one anyway).
Thanks!
love5pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
vcunning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love5pets View Post
What is the approximate size of the Cabanas? They are very $$ for the day but sound nice.

There will be 10 of us, would we all fit ? (first timer Disney cruising so maybe wouldn't get one anyway).
Thanks!
Take a look at this video . . . http://youtu.be/6SdnRnM9xe4

I haven't been in one yet (will be in a few weeks), but it looks like there are multiple areas and plenty of seating. And I know for our group of 8, we probably won't be all in the cabana at the same time.

Last edited by vcunning; 06-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
vcunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #21
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by love5pets View Post

Thanks!
Not sure about physical measurements.

But the Family Cabanas are for up to 10 people (base price for 6, add 4 others for $50/ea). I think The cabanas on Serenity Bay are for up to 6 total (base includes 4 and add 2 more). Whether all those people will physically (and comfortably) be able to sit inside the cabana at the same time might be questionable, but I don't think there's really expectation of the max # of people occupying it all day.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #22
hawaiialoha
Earning My Ears

Location: Originally from Hawaii. Now living on the east coast. Feel free to ask me any questions about any of the Hawaiian islands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl
I tried to book one when my window opened at 105 days (Gold) and they were all gone. I'm pretty sure they keep #16 in reserve in case someone in concierge wants it once they board. If no one does, they offer it up to the wait list (that is how I got it on our Dream cruise).

#13 doesn't show up on the list either and I'm not sure if they do the same with that one, or if there isn't a #13. I don't remember if I saw that one or not, LOL.
Just FYI...there is no Cabana #13 (maybe for superstitious reasons) and DCL told me Cabana #16 is usually saved for DCL staff. That's cool you ended up getting it!

Wishing the previous poster good luck in getting one, they are so worth it, imo! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: