Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #91
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Yaaaaaawn. Oh my. That was an epic journey (not my MOST epic but ranks right up there.)

Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:50. First delay was 10 minutes then pushed back to 9:30, then again. Then we were told we could go back and get our luggage at baggage claim and recheck if we needed to; 5 minutes later, they said we were cleared to leave! (All those people who left to get stuff from their luggage?!) We board the plane and sit around while they try to find the missing folks who went off for their luggage. Finally up in the air and get the monster to admit she's tired and get her to go to sleep -- after thoroughly reading the safety card. (She was never a "fall asleep at random" child.) The flight attendant said that was the first time a safety card's ever been read.

We were up in the air for what seemed like ages (yapping non-stop about Disney ) when hubbo checks the flight tracker. We were JUST passing Atlanta?! Then we had to circle St. Louis multiple times because the storms were close to our left and another storm moving through Chicago meant we weren't cleared to head into Chicago yet. Another half-hour of circling and the pilot came on and said they were heading toward Chicago but may have to return to St. Louis to refuel if the storm hadn't moved out. This time, we skirted the storms quite closely. (Back in my young and crazy days of being in love and our long-distance relationship, I was flying out from Baltimore to Chicago in a similar situation although that time we were a bit too close to the storms and lightning struck our wing. Guess I'm old-hat at this now? ) Our pilots were total ROCK STARS: Cat-and-mouse with the storms and probably traffic control, coupled with the smoothest landing we've ever had at Midway. We got in shortly before 1 a.m.

When we got off the plane, there were crowds of people waiting to welcome home Honor Flight (WWII Veterans) folks who had been delayed from a visit to D.C. Bands played, people cheered. It was very sweet.

All the havoc from the storms totally confused the ground staff at Midway so no one knew what was going on with the luggage. After waiting around for an hour, we got our bags and had an interesting cab ride home -- the guy was FALLING ASLEEP! Never again. We'll drive to the airport from now on.

Shew. Shame we didn't book an earlier flight yesterday, it would've been canceled and we could've gone BACK to Disney.

Gotta go get cleaned up and buy some food for this bachelor's pad of a house! Back later.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #92
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yaaaaaawn. Oh my. That was an epic journey (not my MOST epic but ranks right up there.)

Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:50. First delay was 10 minutes then pushed back to 9:30, then again. Then we were told we could go back and get our luggage at baggage claim and recheck if we needed to; 5 minutes later, they said we were cleared to leave! (All those people who left to get stuff from their luggage?!) We board the plane and sit around while they try to find the missing folks who went off for their luggage. Finally up in the air and get the monster to admit she's tired and get her to go to sleep -- after thoroughly reading the safety card. (She was never a "fall asleep at random" child.) The flight attendant said that was the first time a safety card's ever been read.

We were up in the air for what seemed like ages (yapping non-stop about Disney ) when hubbo checks the flight tracker. We were JUST passing Atlanta?! Then we had to circle St. Louis multiple times because the storms were close to our left and another storm moving through Chicago meant we weren't cleared to head into Chicago yet. Another half-hour of circling and the pilot came on and said they were heading toward Chicago but may have to return to St. Louis to refuel if the storm hadn't moved out. This time, we skirted the storms quite closely. (Back in my young and crazy days of being in love and our long-distance relationship, I was flying out from Baltimore to Chicago in a similar situation although that time we were a bit too close to the storms and lightning struck our wing. Guess I'm old-hat at this now? ) Our pilots were total ROCK STARS: Cat-and-mouse with the storms and probably traffic control, coupled with the smoothest landing we've ever had at Midway. We got in shortly before 1 a.m.

When we got off the plane, there were crowds of people waiting to welcome home Honor Flight (WWII Veterans) folks who had been delayed from a visit to D.C. Bands played, people cheered. It was very sweet.

All the havoc from the storms totally confused the ground staff at Midway so no one knew what was going on with the luggage. After waiting around for an hour, we got our bags and had an interesting cab ride home -- the guy was FALLING ASLEEP! Never again. We'll drive to the airport from now on.

Shew. Shame we didn't book an earlier flight yesterday, it would've been canceled and we could've gone BACK to Disney.

Gotta go get cleaned up and buy some food for this bachelor's pad of a house! Back later.
Wow! That does sound like quite the adventure. Glad you made it home all in one peice!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #93
pas130
DIS Veteran

Glad you're home safe miss Thank goodness for awesome pilots!!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #94
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Miss: So glad you made it home safe and sound! Sounds like kind of a nerve wracking journey!! I get nervous flying, so I would not have been good in that situation! Will we get a mini TR??

Jeanette: Thanks for starting up this new meeting place for us all! So you are calling tomorrow to check on RPC?? Or did you do it already!! I am wondering about Amanda too.

DznyCrzy: I was apprehensive about going to BC too, as we also love the Poly, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it there! Good luck with your decision!

Linda: Sounds like a nice 2 week trip in September! Yay!

Alysa: I love your logic in regards to more trips and AP's! I will be using similar logic on DH, minus the DVC though!

Janet: Thanks for all your hard work here too!

Kook: I love that orange bird pic, our new antenna topper is the Orange Bird too!!

Ginny: Where are you staying now??? I am lost!

Candace: Sorry you had some wacky dreams! So August is it? I understand the finances thing. We totally have blown our budget already for this month with some unexpected things too.

Well, hope everyone is having a lovely day....hi Septembergirl, Koh, Melissa, Iheart, SueM, Magic, Sheila, Willow, and all the other newcomers!!

Jen
Old 06-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #95
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Here's the link to her TR, in progress (she's been MIA so I pray all is well with her and her family) It was a combo of weather, illness, and such... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3006492
Ugh! Poor thing - I just read her report while the baby had his nap. When you look forward to these trips so much to spend time with your favourite people it is so hard when things don't go the way you hoped.

Quote:
What a scary ride. Glad you are okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Alysa: I love your logic in regards to more trips and AP's! I will be using similar logic on DH, minus the DVC though!
Jen
It all works! One year, three trips, practically free!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #96
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Another familiar face!!! I am STOKED to have so many new peeps come ch-ch-change...a nigh at CR MK CL LOVELY!!! Please report back!!! Less than a week!!!!
Thanks! I will be sure to report back on CR CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
johnsonet A part of me keeps thinking I should change from the Poly to BWI which is so convenient to Epcot for F&W but I want to stay at the Poly so awful bad too!
Oooh. Stick w/ Poly

Quote:
Must resist to urge to call.............................................. ..........
you are so funny!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #97
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Miss, thank goodness you are home safe after those scary adventures btw...Miss M and I would make a pair sharing those safety instructions ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yes, please add me!! My dates are 9/1-9/5 DCL and then 9/5-9/9 Poly (for now, haha)
You're "in"!! btw, my vote would be the Poly!!

Quote:
I called...almost changed...I decided to wait until tomorrow...if RPC is still available it's meant to be....
Pas, Pas....is this HRH approved??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hi Jeanette! Well, as I explained to my husband this morning, since we are going to have annual passes ANYWAY, it just makes sense to go. It's really practically free! We have the DVC anyway and we have to use the points, and his dad offered us his airmiles. And, we should book next year's trip before the Annual pass expires so we are going to do a week next year for the Tower of Terror run. Plus we had such an awful year last year and didn't go at all. But then that will be it for quite a while.
Alysa... pretty soon in this Disney Math they will be "paying" you too go! whatever works getting back to the Mouse quicker is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
And if the RPC decides to rehab when we're there, they can just get our deluxe QUEEN room ready and then carry on.

Dang, I sound like Jeanette or something. hehehehehe......

(or better yet, bump us up to a suite)
Fingers crossed for a suite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Janet please cancel my Oct/Nov trip on the list. And please add the following:

Sept 5th-12th AKV Jambo
Sept 12th-19th OKW

So now whatever dates DS picks for the wedding I'm good.
Nice Linda! Happy you got in at AKV!

Quote:
Here's the link to her TR, in progress (she's been MIA so I pray all is well with her and her family) It was a combo of weather, illness, and such...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3006492

I always say I'd take a broom closet at RPC over ANY ROOM ANYWHERE And you do sound like me
thanks for the reminder Pas... was wondering where a few of our long time RCers were....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
[Janet good day to watch the movie Bugs, going to rain here all day
Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I'd ask you to put me on the list BUT I think I might be changing....I'm just super discouraged with airfare right now, and may have to shift a day here & there...and of course BWI Deluxe CL isn't available for any dates outside of what I already have booked.....grrrr....so now thinking Swan/Dolphin at the start or end (I have enough points for a free night yay!)
Nope... haven't... Agree with you though on the prices being outrageous... Philadelphia is ridiculous as well.

Quote:
Oh, thank you Janet!
Jeanette! I do believe you are the Queen of the changes! Just the front page says! LOL
This was a surprise for my niece, but little ol me can't keep her big mouth shut.

A big warm hello to everyone else! I see a anniversary! WOW! Sue and MM! CONGRATS!

Someone mentioned trying to chose between the Poly and the BWI. No doubt, the POLY!!!!

The rooms are almost ALL REHABBED and they are very, very nice. I know, just stayed in them in April. Plus, Poly will start that DVC work next year, so it'll be a mess. So, I would grab the chance to stay there NOW! That's was one of the reasons we did. And I am so glad we did. We had a wonderful stay there.
LuLu'sMom, so happy you had a great trip in April!! I would love to stay at the Poly... it is Sam's favorite place... we love Ohana's (dinner and breakfast)...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #98
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Maybe do lunch at RR instead then? That sounds like a good plan to me. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That's exactly what we ended up doing. I changed the ADR for RR to 1:15. This way it'll give us a little wiggle room and we aren't stressing about not making it on time. Once we're done eating, we'll just head to the MK. If I'm thinking right, we'll have to go to a resort first, right? I didn't think they had buses at DtD that go to the parks, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yes thanks taking it easy today AND its our anniversary, 32 yrs!
Happy 32nd anniversary!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
My problem at Costco Is the clothing
My problem is all the samples, and then if I liked the sample, I want to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We will celebrate our 11th on Saturday!!! what's even more shocking is that we will also be celebrating 19 years together....and I am 34, DH is 35....do the math....
Happy early 11th anniversary!! The DH and I have been together 19 years as well, and July 1st will be our 18th wedding anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Buenas Dias Mis Amigas!

Greetings from Cancun Just wanted to drop in for a quick hello....all is well. Can't believe there's a new thread already!!!Wish I had time to catch up....will do that next week

One of my favorite spots for relaxation......

That looks like a perfect spot to just sit and chill.

Quote:
Getting ready to eat some breakfast then head over to Isla Mujeres to swim with the dolphins.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Heather
Have fun with the dolphins!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I'm here! This new thread is moving fast!
I know, right? The DH set my alarm for 12:30 and I didn't wake up until it went off. As soon as I got up, I checked my Farmville, did a little school work. By the time I got here, it had gone from page 3 to 7 since I was on last.

Quote:

I'm glad y'all made it home safely.

Well I'm going to get back to school work.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #99
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you made it home!!! :-) welcome back to this crazy weather we like to call summer in Illinois!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #100
babyberger
DIS Veteran

HELLO!! Kids are tired from our pool playdate, so a perfect time to catch up on the Dis

First and foremost Jeanette for our new thread And thank you Janet for keeping up with all of our ever changing resort plans

Miss - glad you made it back safe and sound!!!! I like the change to BWV for F&W, makes sense

Linda - good thinking on the Sep trip instead of of Oct/Nov

Alysa - Oh I like the plans for the upcoming trips, totally makes sense if you have the DVC points, APs, and miles

DznyCrzy - if it werent for my kids, I would stay at YC every time! I really cant explain what the draw is for me at the Epcot resorts, I just love it! If you have the itch, go for it

Candace - I think the move to August makes sense given the circumstances. And as for DH and the Sept trip Happy early anniversary

TaraPA - I dont know of a car service for Sanford, but it is pretty far from WDW and the transp fee could be pretty high. I hope it all works out

LuLu'sMom - 2 days.....

SueM - Happy Anniversary (a day late)

Ginny - waiting to hear what you have done

Heather - loving the pics, especially all the drinks Glad to hear you are having a great time!!

Willows909 - I dozed in and out during the second and third OT, it was brutal, bummer loss

Jen - Hi my friend

I know I am missing so many, just having a hard time keeping my eyes open. So and to everyone I missed and a big to all the new comers!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #101
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Oh and thank you to everyone for letting me know that it is not just my DH....so annoying He once ok'd the branch manager's vacation week and then totally forgot about it and freaked out when he didn't show up for work for a few days and kept calling him and his wife until they finally told him that he had ok'd the time

Okay off to close my eyes for a bit

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #102
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh and thank you to everyone for letting me know that it is not just my DH....so annoying He once ok'd the branch manager's vacation week and then totally forgot about it and freaked out when he didn't show up for work for a few days and kept calling him and his wife until they finally told him that he had ok'd the time
You could always record these conversations with him, and just play it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Okay off to close my eyes for a bit

Melissa
Have a good nap.

Right now I'm waiting on a call back from the DH, so I can't take a quiz. I just know if I start taking it, he'll call. Since it's a timed quiz, I don't want to use any of the time talking to him.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #103
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

DznyCrzy - Tough choice. I love both the Poly and the BC so I don't think you can lose. It might be a good idea to get one last Poly stay in before DVC moves in though.

Mousemommy - Happy Anniversary! Ewww to the bug dreams! I hate those so much. I hope you sleep better tonight. August will be awesome. And GF RPC will be worth the wait!

hstrickland - LOVE the pix

gwynne - So it's all BWI then? While I do love my splits, there is something to be said for unpacking and settling in. And you can't go wrong with BWI!

babyberger - Men! Hope you had fun at the pool play date!

Lulu'sMom - Enjoy WL CL. It's on my short list to try out in 2014! I do agree thay YC CL isn't quite on par with the others, but I still love the convenience with lots of kids.

pas - Crashing the system. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days. Love the new split for now What's this about a minitrip????

Sue - Happy Anniversary!

Alysa - I get it with burning up the AP's! Sorry you had a rotten year last year. That was my 2011.

Grumpy Grandma - Yay for moving up the fall trip! It must feel good to know you can go without stressing about wedding plans.

Miss - Glad you made it safe and sound. What a mess! I was thinking about you last night and hoping you got a bonus Disney night. Ah well, at least you made it home safe. Any damage at home to deal with today?

wookie - Good luck on the quiz. I think you made a good change with Raglan Rd. You will have to go to a resort first before MK. You could always boat to POR or walk to SSR and head out from there. Or else bus to CR and walk over.

Well, better head off and get dinner started. Happy Thursday Ladies. Weekend is almost here!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #104
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I'll be on vacation, so I have a more legitimate excuse for falling behind for a week. Play nice and BOLD those changes so I can see them more clearly after my vacation beverages.

Quote:
Buenas Dias Mis Amigas!

Greetings from Cancun Just wanted to drop in for a quick hello....all is well. Can't believe there's a new thread already!!!Wish I had time to catch up....will do that next week

One of my favorite spots for relaxation......

The weather has been perfect and the drinks have been plentiful!!! I have sampled them all.....

Getting ready to eat some breakfast then head over to Isla Mujeres to swim with the dolphins.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Heather
Hola Chica! Four limes? Yum-O! But, your #1 looks hardly sampled. Was this just breakfast?

Quote:
Well, is this a record? Probably not with you gals!

Had a split stay booked at the YC CL and the WL CL.

Well, with 2 DAYS before our vacation, I changed my reservations, again!

We're talking no YC CL at all! Going to the WL CL directly! LOL!
After reading all about the Murphy's fiasco plus my yearning to go back to WDW's best kept CL "secret" , I HAD to make the change. But then again, you all understand, right?
WOOHOO!

Quote:
I know! People so get this confused.
YC is a great resort, but their CL is not so great! Not horrible, just doesn't stack up to the others. Even BC CL fares much better to the YC CL!

Love, love, love the WL CL! Hope we can keep it a secret! LOL
I agree about the Regatta Club. Compared with WL, the lounge and seating area is tiny and has no view from the lounge. I also disliked looking at the dirty, pebbly roof every time we walked the hallways, when the window wasn't obstructing the view.

Quote:
[SIZE="5"][
BEST MASCOT EVER!!!!! Thank YOU for all YOU do, not only for the DIS but for me
Boy, can you multi-quote - twice! You're the bestest Mom, Nurse and RC hostess

Quote:
I called...almost changed...I decided to wait until tomorrow...if RPC is still available it's meant to be....
I'll have to keep up with this saga on vacation

Quote:

Epic as in almost epic fail. This is one reason we always drive. I just can't handle the unpredictable and tortuous nature of flying anymore and they never stop at Sonic. Did DH offer to drive the cab? Are you posting a TR or did I miss that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Kook: I love that orange bird pic, our new antenna topper is the Orange Bird too!!
I want an antenna OB topper! And....an antenna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
though I'm probably late with that - it's easy to fall behind here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
You could always record these conversations with him, and just play it back.
I've often thought of that when DH is snoring

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #105
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

So Happy You are home Safe and Sound but seems like you diffinately had an interesting trip to say the least, big chicken me might have not got on the plane with all the storms

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: