Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
mishlove68
Mouseketeer

Is this worth it?

We are staying at POP for 3 days and 2 nights, We were offered a dining package with our room. They told me 1 quick service meal 1 snack 1 table sit down meal and a refillable mug. the total for the 3 of us is $564.00. Do you think it's worth it? Another question I been looking on the dining site and with Value hotel you get 2 quick meals, so I was wondering if they made a mistake and we dont get a sit down each night, can someone clarify this for me. I am a passholder so I dont need the tickets, the price is only for room and food that they gave me? Thank you
mishlove68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlove68 View Post
We are staying at POP for 3 days and 2 nights, We were offered a dining package with our room. They told me 1 quick service meal 1 snack 1 table sit down meal and a refillable mug. the total for the 3 of us is $564.00. Do you think it's worth it? Another question I been looking on the dining site and with Value hotel you get 2 quick meals, so I was wondering if they made a mistake and we dont get a sit down each night, can someone clarify this for me. I am a passholder so I dont need the tickets, the price is only for room and food that they gave me? Thank you
You can purchase whatever dining package you want if you are booking a resort package. However, if you are booking a "free dining" package promotion, the Value Resorts come with 2 free QS meals and 1 snack per night plus a refillable mug (known as the QSDP). You can upgrade to the regular dining plan (DDP) or the deluxe plan (DxDP) by paying the difference between the QSDP and the plan you wish to use.

Do I think that it's worth $280+ per night for dining credits for 3 people? NO. Take a look at the menus either at wdwinfo.com or on allears.net and get an idea as to what it would cost for you to pay out of pocket (OOP) for your meals. I would bet that you will make out better without the dining plans.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

That's a confusing amount.

If this is in Sept or is tied to a free dining pin, there is a requirement for 2-day ticket purchase. For just two adults, that would be $368 plus tax. Two nights at POP is still around $200. So, I'll assume the 3rd person in your party is under 3 and doesn't need a ticket. BUT, as you said, the free dining with values is the quick service, so there would be a charge to upgrade to the DDP the CM described to you. All of that makes the amount quoted a pretty good deal if it's a valid quote. You can always hang on to the tickets and use them toward your AP next year.

However, you still need to decide if this is the best deal for you at this time. You can probably stay and eat for less and still eat well OOP and not have to buy those tickets at this time. I believe there is a room only discount out there too. It's not much at a value, but it would be something towards those OOP food costs.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Since you mentioned they quoted you an amount then I can assume you aren't going during free DDP plus you have AP. Therefore you would be able to purchase any of the DDP inc. the standard one or QSDP.

Is it worth it? That's up to you. Do you think you would spend $564 for the 3 of you to eat and drink? Personally I don't think we would for only 3 nights. Even the refillable mug isn't a great value for only 3 nights.

I would look at the places you might eat and figure out the pricing. You might just find out it'll be less if you pay OOP.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Since you mentioned they quoted you an amount then I can assume you aren't going during free DDP plus you have AP. Therefore you would be able to purchase any of the DDP inc. the standard one or QSDP.

Is it worth it? That's up to you. Do you think you would spend $564 for the 3 of you to eat and drink? Personally I don't think we would for only 3 nights. Even the refillable mug isn't a great value for only 3 nights.

I would look at the places you might eat and figure out the pricing. You might just find out it'll be less if you pay OOP.
OP said that amount was for 2 nights. Which seems crazy high! I'm wondering if OP meant that was the total for the room and the dining plan for the 2 nights.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
OP said that amount was for 2 nights. Which seems crazy high! I'm wondering if OP meant that was the total for the room and the dining plan for the 2 nights.
I think you're right. I didn't even notice the days. It would be about $56x3x2 so around $336 for the DDP. Price must be inc. room with AP discount?

So the question is would PP spend $336 on food/drinks for 2 nights?
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: