Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #76
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
What makes you think that????

Rumor is....the refurbs will start late this year....so hopefully we will be safe....it's just a soft goods rehab, so I am feeling pretty good about it....for now....August is a LONG way off...
I think they will start in RPC...like they started in Hawaii. So yep I think you're safe as well. Plus you'll have plenty of time to see how DVC affects the resort ALL GOOD

NOW I want RPC ugh WILL NOT CHANGE

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #77
pas130
DIS Veteran

Must resist to urge to call.............................................. ..........

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #78
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Must resist to urge to call.............................................. ..........
For what???? Um, actually, where are you right now???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #79
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130

Sounds great, BUT you're SO a Poly girl!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!
I know and my DH seems less than thrilled about switching to BC. I told him I just have an urge to try a new resort this year and I love the idea of being able to walk to Epcot....decisions, decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314

johnsonet A part of me keeps thinking I should change from the Poly to BWI which is so convenient to Epcot for F&W but I want to stay at the Poly so awful bad too!
I know that feeling!!! We're booked at the Poly but I'm getting an "itch" to change to BC. I love the idea of being within walking distance of Epcot. We will be at the resort for 4 nights this time. We have an ADR for dinner at BOG the 1st night, the other 2 nights we have an ADR at Epcot, oh yeah and a lunch ADR at Epcot the 4th day. Plus, we won't be at MK the 2nd and 3rd night because of "Night of Joy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

How do I not have you on the "list"?? Are your dates 9/1-? Cruise and then Poly (as of today that is..)
Yes, please add me!! My dates are 9/1-9/5 DCL and then 9/5-9/9 Poly (for now, haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
"Official" decision....I think our 2014 trip will be late August, instead of April.

Yes, it will be hot...but the crowds will be low, the deluxe resorts will be cheaper, we can go for longer and stay GF RPC!!!!!

Given our recent unexpected expenditures, I just think that pushing our trip out to August is the financially responsible thing to do, especially if we want to keep our beloved CL!!!

Plus, I'm going for almost a week in September...that will tide me over for awhile.
Late August will be nice, although I do like to go when it's warmer. I would pick late August over April!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #80
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For what???? Um, actually, where are you right now???
I called...almost changed...I decided to wait until tomorrow...if RPC is still available it's meant to be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I know and my DH seems less than thrilled about switching to BC. I told him I just have an urge to try a new resort this year and I love the idea of being able to walk to Epcot....decisions, decisions.

Late August will be nice, although I do like to go when it's warmer. I would pick late August over April!!
It is a tough choice. When we stayed at YC, I was not happy being away from my castle...even though we spent more time at Epcot....I make no sense though

Old 06-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #81
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning! Woke up this morning .... 3 pages to read!!!

Off to book airfare, call DVC member services to change my trip ....

Back later .... hugs to all ....
Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #82
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning!!!!
Could barely keep my eyes open last night! I was watching this show though called "Lookout" which is basically an undercover exposé show. Last night this family booked a Carribean vacation and then went to see how much of the "all inclusive" stuff that was advertised was actually included.....not a whole lot! It was crazy!! Plus they had bed bugs in their room!!
Anyway, after our own bug problems I went to sleep and had a crazy bug dream!!!! (Nightmare) obviously, my dream was FAR worse than reality so I then felt grateful we "only" have termites and ants....
Miss hope you made it home okay!!!
Candace - Eeek! Bedbugs - how dreadful. That would make anyone have hightmares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Buenas Dias Mis Amigas!
Greetings from Cancun Just wanted to drop in for a quick hello....all is well. Can't believe there's a new thread already!!!Wish I had time to catch up....will do that next week
One of my favorite spots for relaxation......
The weather has been perfect and the drinks have been plentiful!!! I have sampled them all.....
Getting ready to eat some breakfast then head over to Isla Mujeres to swim with the dolphins.
Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Hi Heather, looks beautiful (and delicious!). Have a lovely time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I don't know if it's men in general or just my husband, but I swear he doesn't listen. Somehow Disney comes up and this is the conversation.
David: You booked already? (Laughing)
Me: yeah, we talked about this a couple months ago
David: we did?
Me: remember you agreed to the dates and I told you I had to pay the one night deposit
David: oh yeah, why are we staying at BLT?
Me: seriously? The extra room, the kitchen, etc
David: well where do the kids sleep
Me: the pull out chair and pull out sofa
David: what view? You know the kids like the MK view better than the lake view
Me: I know, we will figure out as we get closer and let them decide
David: why can't we just get a suite at CR?
Me: um, the cost!!!!!!
And this goes on for a few more minutes....you KNOW we had this exact same conversation in April and he was home when I was on the phone booking it.
Sorry for the rant, he just amazes me sometimes. I am off to get ready for a pool play date. I promise to catch up tonight...no hockey game, lol!
Wishing everyone a great day!
Hi Melissa! Men! Sounds like mine!

Quote:
So what did you change to????
Sounds like my DH, who asked me last night....are you really going to Disney in September???? Or were you just talking in theory???
Ummmmmm, airfare is booked....resort paid off...yeah, I'm going! Seriously???
He just said he didn't think I would actually go without them....I answered with, yup, I will and you can go back in April.
Men!

Quote:
Congrats on a new baby boy!!! And he gets 2 trips coming up??? Did I get that right?? October & May? AWESOME!!!!
Hi Jeanette! Well, as I explained to my husband this morning, since we are going to have annual passes ANYWAY, it just makes sense to go. It's really practically free! We have the DVC anyway and we have to use the points, and his dad offered us his airmiles. And, we should book next year's trip before the Annual pass expires so we are going to do a week next year for the Tower of Terror run. Plus we had such an awful year last year and didn't go at all. But then that will be it for quite a while.

Quote:
"Official" decision....I think our 2014 trip will be late August, instead of April.
Yes, it will be hot...but the crowds will be low, the deluxe resorts will be cheaper, we can go for longer and stay GF RPC!!!!!
Given our recent unexpected expenditures, I just think that pushing our trip out to August is the financially responsible thing to do, especially if we want to keep our beloved CL!!!
Plus, I'm going for almost a week in September...that will tide me over for awhile.
Good choice! And jealous of the GF! We went late August two years ago and the crowds were non-exsistent. What is RPC anyway?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #83
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Good morning! Woke up this morning .... 3 pages to read!!!

Off to book airfare, call DVC member services to change my trip ....

Back later .... hugs to all ....
ANOTHER cliffhanger!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hi Jeanette! Well, as I explained to my husband this morning, since we are going to have annual passes ANYWAY, it just makes sense to go. It's really practically free! We have the DVC anyway and we have to use the points, and his dad offered us his airmiles. And, we should book next year's trip before the Annual pass expires so we are going to do a week next year for the Tower of Terror run. Plus we had such an awful year last year and didn't go at all. But then that will be it for quite a while.

Good choice! And jealous of the GF! We went late August two years ago and the crowds were non-exsistent. What is RPC anyway?
RPC Royal Palm Club..Grand Floridian Main building Concierge

One of our RCers Amanda had a bad week last Tower of Terror marathon Annual passes DVC and airmiles....why NOT go

Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #84
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of our RCers Amanda had a bad week last Tower of Terror marathon
Oh no! What happened???
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #85
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
One of our RCers Amanda had a bad week last Tower of Terror marathon Annual passes DVC and airmiles....why NOT go
Oh, Noooooo! What happened with the Tot marathon?

LOLing at the DVD and airmiles!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #86
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

And if the RPC decides to rehab when we're there, they can just get our deluxe QUEEN room ready and then carry on.

Dang, I sound like Jeanette or something. hehehehehe......

(or better yet, bump us up to a suite)

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #87
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Flights booked!!! Now to call member services!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #88
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Too bad we're not going later this year...southwest has fares for $200 round trip! Half the cost of driving...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #89
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Janet please cancel my Oct/Nov trip on the list. And please add the following:

Sept 5th-12th AKV Jambo
Sept 12th-19th OKW

So now whatever dates DS picks for the wedding I'm good.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #90
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Oh no! What happened???
Here's the link to her TR, in progress (she's been MIA so I pray all is well with her and her family) It was a combo of weather, illness, and such...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3006492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
And if the RPC decides to rehab when we're there, they can just get our deluxe QUEEN room ready and then carry on.

Dang, I sound like Jeanette or something. hehehehehe......

(or better yet, bump us up to a suite)
I always say I'd take a broom closet at RPC over ANY ROOM ANYWHERE And you do sound like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Too bad we're not going later this year...southwest has fares for $200 round trip! Half the cost of driving...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
A change in the works....or a minitrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Janet please cancel my Oct/Nov trip on the list. And please add the following:

Sept 5th-12th AKV Jambo
Sept 12th-19th OKW

So now whatever dates DS picks for the wedding I'm good.
The crowds will be low, great pool weather !!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: