Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #1411
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Once we all had arrived, I went in and got the girls checked into BBB. You can see me in the background of Geoff’s pictures.

Little smarty pants.

Claire was not dressed yet, so they called us back to a dressing room and Gail waited for her girls to be called as well.

Abby had to check out the inventory ….as you know, she LOVES princess dresses.

Claire got dressed and I took a quick shot. This is not a Disney dress. We actually got it on clearance at Cracker Barrel the year before. We decided to call it Cinderella’s wedding dress and we brought along her crown from the previous year as well.

While we were back getting changed, Gail’s girls were called to their seats. Sadly we didn’t get seated near each other, but it was fine.
We made our way to our seat.

Claire got settled in with Paige. This made her day. My older daughter is named Paige as well, and this Paige was about the same age, so Claire told her all about her sister and they talked quite a bit.

I then went back to see my nieces.

To our surprise again, Abby was all for this …though she was having issues with her glass slipper …it kept falling off. LOL

Now I will warn you now. I have a TON of BBB pictures. I take a lot, Geoff and Mary took quite a few (and I don’t even have Gail’s at all) and of course photopass pictures as well. I will try to put them in some sort of an order, but I can’t guarantee it’s the exact order….. And believe it or not, but I am not posting all of them either. So just imagine how many we have. LOL

Claire is ready.

Alexis is started.

Abby is having issues. She does NOT want that stupid neck strip. And I don’t blame her. I hate those things with a passion. For those who don’t know, I am a licensed cosmetologist. I no longer practice, but I do keep my license up and do family and friends. Those neck strips are supposed to be for sanitary reasons. You put it around the neck and then the cape and it is to protect your skin from the cap, which is going around several peoples necks a day. The thing is, it’s worthless. 95% of the time the cape is still touching the neck. I never used them and went with a good old fashion towel around the neck. It covers more and if water or anything leaks, the towel catches it. So there is your cosmetology lesson for the day. LOL

She still has a nasty look on her face, but she is letting it happen.

Alexis is getting nice and gelled up.

Now the real test. Will Abby allow someone to brush her hair.

The answer is yes. Gail has complete shock on her face.

Claire is still getting settled in.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #1412
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Abby loved this shield on her face. When Gail would move it away she would bring it back and she would rub her nose on it and breath on it to steam it up and she might have occasionally licked it. LOL

This isn’t so bad.

Claire is getting started now.

Beautiful nail polish.

Now there was some sort of communication going on between Alexis and Claire, because Claire was NOT picking things I would normally think she would, and they happened to be the same as Alexis for the most part, so they were definitely sending signals back and forth.

Time to pick out makeup.

I was shocked to see that Claire picked out green. She always picks pink. I didn’t mind, but it was just not her usual style.

Pucker up!

We were totally cracking up over the faces that Abby was making. We expected at any minute for her to jump off the chair and be done with it.

And here she is revealing a hint of a smile, letting us know she really does like it.

Last edited by jenseib; 06-12-2013 at 08:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #1413
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Pink is me as well
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #1414
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Aww! All three girlies look beautiful!

Abby and her expressions are hilarious.

Just me and my girlÖa very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #1415
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

How sweet!

I wish Allison was young enough to still be into the BBB......*sob*
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #1416
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Pink is me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Aww! All three girlies look beautiful!

Abby and her expressions are hilarious.
They were hilarious. All of them made funny faces, but Abby's were priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
How sweet!

I wish Allison was young enough to still be into the BBB......*sob*
I had someone tell me on facebook today that she was glad her daughters were older now and didn't have to be made to be put through it. I thought that was an odd comment. I like that Claire does it, but it's up to her. I wasn't even going to do it at first but she insisted this was the one thing she wanted to do. And I am going to let her be a little girl as long as she wants to be.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #1417
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I wish I had a little girl to dress up. I would be so into doing the boutique, but my sons would hate doing that to their hair! Lmao!

Abby sure is a pistol, she would be a great kid to have fun with. Get her excited, then send her home!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #1418
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I wish I had a little girl to dress up. I would be so into doing the boutique, but my sons would hate doing that to their hair! Lmao!

Abby sure is a pistol, she would be a great kid to have fun with. Get her excited, then send her home!
LOL! Yeah my son wouldn't be too thrilled if I took him there either.

She is a pistol. But then she gives us the puppky dogs eyes and tips her head just so. But I am so glad Claire isn't energetic and fiesty like that. My son was horribly hyper and I am glad he is now 24 and I don't have to deal with that anymore.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #1419
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

I am soooo loving it. I have a 2 year old great niece who appears to like Disney Princesses. I hope whwn she is older that they take her to BBB. So glad Abby enjoyed it. All 3 girls look lovely!!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #1420
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I can TOTALLY see Catie in little Abby's face! I'm thinking they must be cut from the same cloth!!!!! This is all good information for me to have!!!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #1421
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

The BBB pics are cute so far! Can't wait to see the finished product! Abby is too cute with her pouty little expressions!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:08 AM   #1422
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Abby's face really is a picture. I am glad that she did got ahead with this. I love Claire's dress.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #1423
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I had someone tell me on facebook today that she was glad her daughters were older now and didn't have to be made to be put through it. I thought that was an odd comment. I like that Claire does it, but it's up to her. I wasn't even going to do it at first but she insisted this was the one thing she wanted to do. And I am going to let her be a little girl as long as she wants to be.
Well, I'm not glad Allison is older, but I never made her do it. She always loved that stuff when she was young. She started not being into it around the age of 9. It was then the visits to BBB stopped. If she asked again, perhaps for the punk princess treatment, I'd sign up her up in a heartbeat!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #1424
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah! Miss Abby at BBB!

Jen, I LOVE all the pics. Abby's expressions are priceless. It looks like you are going to have three even prettier princesses on your hands pretty soon (as of next update )
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #1425
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
I am soooo loving it. I have a 2 year old great niece who appears to like Disney Princesses. I hope whwn she is older that they take her to BBB. So glad Abby enjoyed it. All 3 girls look lovely!!!!
It's really fun to see the girls getting it done. There was a little girl a few chairs away from Claire who was crying and her sister was right next to Claire. The sister was so worried about her. It was so precious. I think they were twins, about 4 or 5. The one crying was just worried about where her Mom went as she had walked around a bit, and the other sister kept giving her comforting words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I can TOTALLY see Catie in little Abby's face! I'm thinking they must be cut from the same cloth!!!!! This is all good information for me to have!!!!!
Stubborn and adorable is always such a good combo...well not always for their mother though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
The BBB pics are cute so far! Can't wait to see the finished product! Abby is too cute with her pouty little expressions!
We laughed so hard at the expressions her face made. And Claire sat there like she was such a pro at it and Alexis was really serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Abby's face really is a picture. I am glad that she did got ahead with this. I love Claire's dress.

Corinna
I am glad too. It made for some good stories for the family. She was so cute walking around in her fancy do and dress. She looked like a mini princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Well, I'm not glad Allison is older, but I never made her do it. She always loved that stuff when she was young. She started not being into it around the age of 9. It was then the visits to BBB stopped. If she asked again, perhaps for the punk princess treatment, I'd sign up her up in a heartbeat!
I know. My older DD Paige, might've done it once if they had it then, but it wasn't her type of thing so much, (though I had her hair done for my wedding to Skip and she was around 10 and she informed me her hair looked much better than mine. LOL) but I would never have made her do it. She was stubborn in a different way. (and still is) She wil lbe turning 21 on Sunday. Where did the time go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah! Miss Abby at BBB!

Jen, I LOVE all the pics. Abby's expressions are priceless. It looks like you are going to have three even prettier princesses on your hands pretty soon (as of next update )
I was totally shocked she went right in and sat down. Gail just kept saying, we'll go as far as we can till she wants down.
She will have a good laugh some day when she is older and looks at these pictures.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: