Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #31
tweis
DIS Veteran

I was still really noticing the movement of the ship and decided to take a Bonine. DH decided that he would take one also. I will spare you the details but the Bonine did not help, or it could be that I waited too late to take it, but I became very sick. After this, I started to feel a little better and got ready for dinner. We had late dining and had requested either RAE or ARE so that we could enjoy Palo on our EG night. I love the menu in RP and I enjoy the ambiance so I was thrilled that we were going to RP on the first night.

We got dressed and headed down to deck 3 to RP. I was really noticing the movement again and was starting not to feel well. We were seated at our table for two and met our wonderful head server, Angel. I realized that I was not going to be able to sit through dinner due to me not feeling well and I told Angel this. He was a doll and said that he would have our dinner prepared and sent up to our room. DH agreed even though I wasn't sure I would be able to eat a bite. I excused myself to what I thought was the nearest ladies room while our wonderful assistant server went in search of gingerale for me.

I left the ladies room and found DH with two glasses of gingerale. I slowly sipped on it as we made our way back up to deck 8. DH started watching the bridge report and realized that we were experiencing some really strong winds and rough seas which was causing the constant movement of the ship. I was still feeling terrible and continued to be sick until I finally managed to fall asleep. DH said that he also became sick and when room service delivered our dinner, he had to send him away. With a tip of course.

I have to say, that on our 5 night last year, I never noticed the movement of the ship except once in AP. DH and myself nor our two children ever felt sick at all. I think this is why it never occured to me that we should have started taking Bonine before we ever set foot on the ship. Lesson learned. Next time we will definitely be prepared and all of us will take it BEFORE we cruise.

I woke up the next morning, starving! I was also very disappointed that we had missed Match Your Mate. I had really been looking forward to this and they only had it the first night of our cruise. I was also disappointed that I had missed RP. I fell in love with RP last year and I loved Belle's french onion soup and had been looking forward to it for months.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #32
tweis
DIS Veteran

CRUISE DAY 2- NASSAU

We had planned to take a cab to the Sheraton on Cable Beach and get a day pass that can be purchased for $30. They have unlimited day passes that are good from 7am-7pm and they include kayaking, snorkel gear, water trampoline, flotation mats, aqua cycles and paddle boats. However, the weather was not cooperating with our plans. We woke up to a rainy and grey Nassau.

Oh well, we would just explore the ship and find other things to do. DH and I showered and I am still on the fence if I liked the shower better this time or the one from last time. This time we had a regular shower with a regular shower head and the controls were a little easier to figure out. Last time we had the round shower with the rain fall like shower head. I think I liked the size of this one better but would have preferred the other shower head. Even though I had read on these boards that DCL no longer gives you body butter I was secretly hoping they had changed back. They haven't. You get body lotion instead of butter. It was fine and I actually enjoyed the feel of it a little better than the butter. I absolutely love the shampoo.

We had breakfast in Cabanas this morning and I think I've decided that I like breakfast better there than in Enchanted Garden. Of course this could change the next time I eat in Enchanted Garden. I thought they had a really good selection. Last year we tried Cabanas once for breakfast but it quickly turned to total chaos with our two boys (9 &10 at the time). For some reason it was impossible for everyone to get their breakfast, drink and get seated without something getting spilled or someone stuck in line. Speaking of lines, last year the whole line thing in Cabanas was a mess. The CMs would tell you that it was not a "line" that you go to only the pods that have food you want. Well when you do this people think you are cutting in line and can be very rude so we avoided Cabanas after the first time. I have to say that everything went alot smoother this time and I didn't hear anyone complaining about cutting in line even though people still lined up. We went from pod to pod getting what we wanted and it worked great. Before we left Cabanas, I asked about that night's menu. I was looking for french onion soup. The CM said that it would not be on the menu that evening. Bummer. He asked what our table number was and then called out to another CM. She came over and he asked if table 52 was her's. She said yes it was. This was actually our head server that we had not been able to meet the night before. She asked if I was feeling better and if I had enjoyed my dinner that was sent up to our room. I explained that I had been unable to eat due to my seasickness and she said no problem. If I wanted french onion soup tonight then I could have it. She would speak to Angel about it. I left Cabanas feeling like I had gotten a little bit of pixie dust. Alot of people talk about ordering from the other MDR menus while dining elsewhere but I had never been completely comfortable doing that so this was a real treat for me.

After breakfast we went to the adult pool area to relax for a bit. Apparently alot of others were doing this also because we were unable to find an empty lounger. The hot tub was completely full and totally out of the question. We decided instead to step into the Cove Cafe for some "real" coffee. I got a latte because I was hoping the bitterness would settle the remnants of my jumpy tummy. I don't remember the name of the "coffee" (dessert) my husband got but it looked and tasted so yummy. It had chocolate syrup, either whipped cream or ice cream, coffee and something else. It was so good. I must mention that the Cove Cafe has yummy treats through out the day that you do not have to pay extra for. Same with the Vista Cafe. On the first day my DH discovered these tiny eclairs filled with mocha cream. So good. Everytime he went in after the first day, the sweet CM working knew what he wanted. Lol She always gave him 2 at a time. After our coffee we went to explore decks 12 and 13. We found hardly no one up there and was able to get a couple of loungers and just relax for a bit. When we got up to the sundeck, most of the loungers had been tied down due to the rough seas we had the night before.

stock photo

stock photo

It was so relaxing and peaceful up here. We never had a problem finding a lounger. They had the round seats up here also. Even though it was grey and cloudy and had been raining earlier, there were workers cleaning the deck.
We stayed up here for a little bit then decided we would head back to our room for some cash and maybe go buy a tshirt while the rain had stopped. We got our KTTW card and ID and headed off the ship. There were 3 Carnival ships in port with us and things were getting a little crowded. We were unable to get our pic taken at the Bahamas sign due to so many people but this is ours from last year.
I think everyone's eyes were closed but thats just how our family pics work.

ALOT of people don't like Nassau and I have read about the recent crimes but to date, we haven't had any problems. It was starting to sprinkle again as we made our way into the building that you have to go through to get to the shopping area. I don't know what the building is called but there are vendors set up inside of it also. We immediately saw a Pepsi sign and went in search of Mtn. Dew. We hadn't carried any onboard with us because we can go without it but here it was right in front of us for $1.50. Woohoo!! We literally chugged half of the bottle before moving from the spot where we bought them. We wandered around inside of the building for a little while but didn't see anything that interested us. We stepped outside and was immediately asked if we would like a carriage ride "no thanks", do we need a taxi "no thanks", hair braiding "no thanks", a walking tour "no thanks". It kind of gets annoying but no one was overly aggressive and a simple but firm "no thanks" has worked for us. We saw a sign for a tshirt store and went inside. We found a couple that we wanted and paid. This was not the type of shop for haggling so we didn't try it. We did haggle at the straw market last year but we weren't interested in going there since the rain was starting to get heavy again. We quickly made our way back to the same building and upon exiting you must show your KTTW/ID or passport to the agent. We did this and hurried back to the ship. I can't tell you how beautiful the Dream was next to the Carnival Sensation, Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Triumph. They just really looked like old tubs next to the Dream.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Last edited by tweis; 06-20-2013 at 11:05 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #33
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Oh I am so sorry you were seasick on your favorite restaurant night! How sad :-( But so HAPPY to hear the pixie dust from your head server at cabanas! Thats a score and something to look forward to!

Good thing you have a do-over coming up as well

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #34
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Oh I am so sorry you were seasick on your favorite restaurant night! How sad :-( But so HAPPY to hear the pixie dust from your head server at cabanas! Thats a score and something to look forward to!

Good thing you have a do-over coming up as well
I was so sad But our servers were great and really took care of us.

Definitely looking forward to the do-over so that hopefully DH and I can go watch Match Your Mate. I am not setting foot on the Fantasy without taking Bonine.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #35
tweis
DIS Veteran

After returning to the ship, we went to our room to put away our goodies. The wonderful Leliy had already tidied up our room and had refilled our ice bucket. We decided to have lunch in Royal Palace since a) we did not get to enjoy our meal there last night and b) we had never had lunch in an MDR except on embarkation day last year when we had the buffet in Enchanted Garden. We were seated at a table with a view which was nice. I have to say that the lunch menu was not very appealing to either of us. My DH chose not to have an appetizer or soup/salad course because none of the choices sounded tasty to him. I choice the seafood sampler, the carrot ginger soup, meatloaf, and key lime pie. My DH had the chuck burger and hot chocolate fudge pudding with vanilla sauce. DH said the burger was pretty good and loved his dessert. I'm not a huge cold seafood fan so I have no idea why I ordered the seafood sampler because it included: crab claws, shrimp, scallops served with a lemon and olive oil dressing and they were all served cold. The scallops were pretty good but I didn't care for the rest. The ginger infused carrot soup was fine and I thought the ginger would be good for my tummy. Which by the way, DH and I both had already taken our bonine for the day. The meatloaf was terrible in my opinion. I told DH it compared to school lunch meatloaf and he absolutely refused to try a bite. Lol The glaze on it was quite tasty especially when I mixed it with the smashed potatoes, green beans and carrots that it was served with. So the sides were good but I would never order the meatloaf again. I have no idea what possessed me to order the meatloaf since I rarely like meatloaf. When the server came by to pick up our plates he noticed that only a tiny nibble of meatloaf was gone and asked if I liked it. I was honest and told him "no" I didn't like it. He said I should have told him and he would have gotten me something else. I told him it was fine that I didn't need anything else. I was a little worried about the key lime pie when he brought it out because I was expecting it to be lime in color. It was not. It was yellowish. I took a small bite and to my surpise, it was really good. I have to admit I ate the entire slice but it was really tart and tasty.

After lunch and the realization that I had missed nothing by not having lunch in an MDR before, we headed back to our room just to chill on the verandah for a bit. We had Mixology at 3:00 and just wanted to relax a little before heading to Skyline.

Here are some pics of Nassau from our last trip.

Something had been bugging me since we had visited the future cruise desk and booked our trip on the Magic but with me feeling so poorly the day before, I couldn't really put my finger on it. The more I thought about it the more it seemed that the deposit was off. We had only paid $177 for the deposit and the total was $2300. I know the deposit is based on the fare portion only so that put the fare at $1770 and assuming taxes/fees were $350 that put the total at $2120 but we were quoted twenty three hundred and some odd dollars. I started looking at the confirmation more closely and realized that the price quoted included gratuities for the 4 of us. Now don't get me wrong, we pay our gratuities and paid them before we sailed on our first cruise, but I don't like them being included and no one telling/asking me. DH and I discussed this and realized that this meant the CM had included $336 in gratuities on the quote he had given us for the Fantasy! So maybe we could still rebook our Fantasy cruise onboard to receive the additional $200 in OBC since we know we are taking that cruise. We want to sail on the Magic but we KNOW we are sailing the Fantasy so this made more sense to us. We checked the navigator and the future cruise desk was not open yet. It was opening at 3:00 the same time our Mixology class was scheduled for. That wouldn't work so we decided to head there directly when the class was finished.

Last edited by tweis; 06-12-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #36
CurtisB
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR so far! We are doing a 3 night on the Dream for a mini honeymoon in January so this is helpful!
Been on the Wonder and the Magic, but this will be a first on one of the new ships!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisB View Post
Loving your TR so far! We are doing a 3 night on the Dream for a mini honeymoon in January so this is helpful!
Been on the Wonder and the Magic, but this will be a first on one of the new ships!
Thank you We love the Dream and had excellent service. Make sure you take seasick meds before your cruise so that you don't miss anything.

Congrats on your wedding

Old 06-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #38
tweis
DIS Veteran

Skyline is a beautiful upscale bar on the Disney Dream and the Fantasy. I don't know that we would have chose this bar just to sit and have a drink. Not because it isn't great, it's just kind of fancy for our liking. We aren't fancy people.

We met Cesar our bartender and "teacher" for the class. There were 3 other people in the class. Cesar explained the art of making drinks and proceeded to make all 5 of us a small martini. It was made with vodka and vermouth and had an olive. He explained the origins of the martini and the proper way to make it. We all tried it and my eyes started watering because it was so strong!! Lol Cesar said he could tell by the looks on our faces that the drink was too strong! He encouraged us to finish them but no one did. Next he made us each a Yellow Bird which is sometimes the drink of the day on the ships. The Yellow Bird consists of light rum, Galliano, creme de banana, orange juice and pineapple juice. This was pretty good but I'm not a fan of banana flavored anything. My DH really enjoyed this though. Next Cesar prepared for us a Captains Mai Tai. He explained that a bartender on one of the ships had created this for DCL and it was sent to shoreside for approval and now it was served at all Disney properties. The Captain's Mai Tai consists of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Amaretto, and pineapple juice, topped with a float of Myer's Original Dark rum. This was quite tasty but kind of sweet because of the amaretto. Next Cesar made us a margarita. He made it with a cheaper tequila and it was STRONG. He said we would be making another margarita with very expensive tequila and he wanted us to be able to taste the difference. Now it was time for the group to start participating in making drinks. A guy from our group made a Mojito with directions from Cesar. A Mojito is made with muddled lime, aguave, mint leaves, rum, club soda and ice. The guy, I can't remember his name, made the Mojito in a full size glass and Cesar and his assistant passed out clean straws. I know what your thinking but no, we did not put our straw in the drink and sip it. The drink was passed around and we all stuck our straw in the drink and then capped the straw so that drink was captured and we could try it. The Mojito was very good and very refreshing. Next my DH went behind the bar to make a Caipirinha which I had never heard of. Cesar told my DH to pour approximately 4 packets of sugar into the glass. Cesar did not have sugar packets but a container full of sugar. You have to understand that my DH has no idea how much sugar is in a packet. He uses like 10 in his coffee. Lol DH poured quite a bit of sugar into the glass with Cesar laughing the whole time. Next he added lime and Leblon which Cesar's assistant said was a Brazilian liquor. DH got to use a shaker and dance around with it for a bit. Then we all went through the process of getting new straws and trying the drink. DH put too much sugar!! Now after everyone tries the drink the person that made the drink gets to keep it so DH kept the Caipirinha. Once all the sugar finally settled to the bottom of the glass, it was actually pretty good. Next a lady from our group made a margarita. Cesar instructed her to use fresh lime juice, a limited edition patron, and cointreau. This one, I have to say, tasted much better than the first and I'm not a fan of margaritas. There was myself and one other lady left who had not made anything so Cesar said that we would be making a shot for everyone. I think he said the shot was called a Woo Woo and it was made with vodka, cranberry juice and peach schnapps. We counted off our vodka and peach schnapps pours and I must have counted a little slow because my shaker was a bit fuller than the other ladies. Next we added cranberry juice and then got to shake it for a bit. We both strained ours into 3 shot glasses. Cesar then got us all to say something in a different language and we all drank the shot at the same time. Cesar had the other CM have the 6th shot because he said he had to be sober to run the bar that night. I have to say next to the Mojito this was my favorite drink. Cesar was awesome and I wish I could remember the other CM that was helping him because he was so funny. If you do visit Skyline and Cesar is the bartender I can guarantee that you will enjoy some strong drinks.

Last edited by tweis; 06-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #39
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I'm following along! I am looking into my first cruise and I was wondering if you could give me a little more information on cable beach. I realize that you didn't go but I was wondering if you could give me any more info that you may know about it. Thanks
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
TinkerbellinNY6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #40
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I'm following along! I am looking into my first cruise and I was wondering if you could give me a little more information on cable beach. I realize that you didn't go but I was wondering if you could give me any more info that you may know about it. Thanks
Hi! Thanks for following along. Many resorts in the area offer day passes but the Sheraton on Cable Beach seemed like the best fit for us. My understanding is that it was about 15 minutes away via cab. The Sheraton offers a day room pass that includes all the water sports I mentioned plus the room for 2 people for $99 or the $30 pass I mentioned. The room pass has to be reserved ahead of time but the other pass can be purchased the day of at the hotel. My understanding is that the undertow isn't as strong as on Cabbage Beach which is where Atlantis is located. I hope this helps

Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #41
tweis
DIS Veteran

After leaving Mixology, DH and I made our way back to the future cruise desk. We were slightly tipsy, but we needed to get this taken care of. We parked ourselves in front of the same CM that we had met with the day before and proceeded to ask him if he had included the gratuities in the quotes he had given us the day before. He told us "yes" and stated that it was now DCL policy to do so but that he could remove them if we would like. I told him that would not be necessary but could he give me a new quote for May 2014 on the Fantasy. The price was very close to what I had found on the DCL website the day before so we transferred our deposit from the Magic to the Fantasy. With the onboard discount, I am paying $35 more than the price I got on opening day but I am gaining $200 more in OBC so it was worth it to us. We still plan on booking a cruise on the Magic, but they are moving it to PC and my understanding is that it will be doing Caribbean itineraries instead of Bahamian so we may not get to sail on her December 2014 as we had hoped. It's not that we just want to go to the Bahamas again, but we were looking for a short trip before Christmas so that we could see the ship decorated for the holidays and we were hoping to experience the "new" Magic. We may have to book a short trip on the Dream December 2014.

I should mention that after contacting DCL, I have since learned that including gratuities in the quotes is NOT their new policy.

DH and I headed back to our room for a bit. We just sat out on our verandah and were able to watch the Carnival Victory pull out of port. My DH found this very interesting. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed having a verandah. I don't know how we will sail without one next time.

Since we had decided to skip the shows on this trip and had the late dining, we decided to order room service. DH had the steak sandwich and I had the BLT. They were both good. The steak sandwich is actually a ribeye on a hoagie style bun. DH really enjoyed it. Honestly, I didn't find alot of things on the room service menu very appealing. I guess since some of the items are available on the pool deck, I just wasn't interested in ordering them from room service also. If you like cheese, you can't go wrong with the all hands on deck cheese platter though.

Last edited by tweis; 06-17-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #42
MinnieMommy2381
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Skyline is a beautiful upscale bar on the Disney Dream and the Fantasy. I don't know that we would have chose this bar just to sit and have a drink. Not because it isn't great, it's just kind of fancy for our liking. We aren't fancy people.

We met Cesar our bartender and "teacher" for the class. There were 3 other people in the class. Cesar explained the art of making drinks and proceeded to make all 5 of us a small martini. It was made with vodka and vermouth and had an olive. He explained the origins of the martini and the proper way to make it. We all tried it and my eyes started watering because it was so strong!! Lol Cesar said he could tell by the looks on our faces that the drink was too strong! He encouraged us to finish them but no one did. Next he made us each a Yellow Bird which is sometimes the drink of the day on the ships. The Yellow Bird consists of light rum, Galliano, creme de banana, orange juice and pineapple juice. This was pretty good but I'm not a fan of banana flavored anything. My DH really enjoyed this though. Next Cesar prepared for us a Captains Mai Tai. He explained that a bartender on one of the ships had created this for DCL and it was sent to shoreside for approval and now it was served at all Disney properties. The Captain's Mai Tai consists of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Amaretto, and pineapple juice, topped with a float of Myer's Original Dark rum. This was quite tasty but kind of sweet because of the amaretto. Next Cesar made us a margarita. He made it with a cheaper tequila and it was STRONG. He said we would be making another margarita with very expensive tequila and he wanted us to be able to taste the difference. Now it was time for the group to start participating in making drinks. A guy from our group made a Mojito with directions from Cesar. A Mojito is made with muddled lime, aguave, mint leaves, rum, club soda and ice. The guy, I can't remember his name, made the Mojito in a full size glass and Cesar and his assistant passed out clean straws. I know what your thinking but no, we did not put our straw in the drink and sip it. The drink was passed around and we all stuck our straw in the drink and then capped the straw so that drink was captured and we could try it. The Mojito was very good and very refreshing. Next my DH went behind the bar to make a Caipirinha which I had never heard of. Cesar told my DH to pour approximately 4 packets of sugar into the glass. Cesar did not have sugar packets but a container full of sugar. You have to understand that my DH has no idea how much sugar is in a packet. He uses like 10 in his coffee. Lol DH poured quite a bit of sugar into the glass with Cesar laughing the whole time. Next he added lime and Leblon which Cesar's assistant said was a Brazilian liquor. DH got to use a shaker and dance around with it for a bit. Then we all went through the process of getting new straws and trying the drink. DH put too much sugar!! Now after everyone tries the drink the person that made the drink gets to keep it so DH kept the Caipirinha. Once all the sugar finally settled to the bottom of the glass, it was actually pretty good. Next a lady from our group made a margarita. Cesar instructed her to use fresh lime juice, a limited edition patron, and cointreau. This one, I have to say, tasted much better than the first and I'm not a fan of margaritas. There was myself and one other lady left who had not made anything so Cesar said that we would be making a shot for everyone. I think he said the shot was called a Woo Woo and it was made with vodka, cranberry juice and peach schnapps. We counted off our vodka and peach schnapps pours and I must have counted a little slow because my shaker was a bit fuller than the other ladies. Next we added cranberry juice and then got to shake it for a bit. We both strained ours into 3 shot glasses. Cesar then got us all to say something in a different language and we all drank the shot at the same time. Cesar had the other CM have the 6th shot because he said he had to be sober to run the bar that night. I have to say next to the Mojito this was my favorite drink. Cesar was awesome and I wish I could remember the other CM that was helping him because he was so funny. If you do visit Skyline and Cesar is the bartender I can guarantee that you will enjoy some strong drinks.
Oh how I wished I listened to my gut and signed up for that class. My table mate also got very sick the first night. The seas were really rough. Surprisingly we did well.
MinnieMommy2381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #43
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMommy2381 View Post
Oh how I wished I listened to my gut and signed up for that class. My table mate also got very sick the first night. The seas were really rough. Surprisingly we did well.
Mixology was a blast! You should definitely try it next time.

The first night was horrible for us. We didn't have any problems last year or when we would go out on our own boats, but I will always make sure I take Bonine before cruising from now on. We were also all the way forward so I don't think that helped. I'm glad you all did not have any problems.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #44
tweis
DIS Veteran

After our "snack" we decided to go back to the adult pool area for a bit. I am normally not a "lay by the pool" kind of girl but we had did so much walking at the beginning of our trip in Savannah and St. Augustine that I was actually enjoying all of our "relaxing".

We found one of the round seats available and just chilled for a while as we pulled out of Nassau. It started raining harder and the rain was coming in so we got a little wet but it was just so relaxing lazing about and being able to see the light house and Atlantis from the comfort of our seat. We covered up with pool towels so that helped with the rain. Before we headed back to our room we decided to give the hot tub a try. We had wanted to try it earlier but it had been "people soup" so we passed. The hot tub is neat because you can see everything below you but you can also look out at the ocean while you in the hot tub. The only problem is that there is only one hot tub for the entire adult area. It was almost empty so we decided to give it a try. It was HOTTTT!!!! So hot in fact that my DH chose to sit on the side with only his feet in the water. I think the sign said the temp was 104F and they give you a 10 or 15 minute time limit. I honestly don't know how anyone could stay in longer than that. We met a nice couple and chatted with them for a bit. I finally eased all the way in and had a great view of the ocean.

DH never did get in all the way. It was really hot and I was ready to get out after 15 minutes. There was no worries about us hogging the hot tub. Wasn't gonna happen.

I read alot about "chair hogging" on the boards and I have to say that we never really had a problem with this. A time or two we did find seats that had towels left on them with no one in sight so we would give it a few minutes and ask people in the area about it and generally we found out that the people had left and had not taken the towels with them. This was for the round seats that we were so fond of. Never had a problem with loungers because we would just go on up to the next deck if the pool deck was full. We aren't picky.

After the HOT tub we decided to head back to our room to get ready for dinner. But not before a stop at the Cove Cafe for a couple of the mocha filled eclairs my DH is so fond of. The CMs in the Cove Cafe were so sweet and had no problem getting you anything that you wanted from the snack display. This would be a great place just to sit and relax and cool off in the A/C a little. Their coffee prices were very reasonable and tasty. We never tried the regular coffee offered on the ship.

Sorry guys but I have discovered photobucket and all of its editing features. But this helps make alot of the pics I took usable.

Last edited by tweis; 06-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #45
tweis
DIS Veteran

We had Animator's Palate for dinner and I was so glad that I was feeling well enough to be able to sit through dinner and to properly meet our serving team. Animator's has the least appealing menu of all the MDRs so I thought we should skip it in favor of Palo but DH loved the menu so we compromised and skipped Enchanted Garden. I chose my least "dressy" dress and DH wore khakis and a polo. Last year in AP, I met Murr from the show Impractical Jokers and I had my pic taken with him. I would post it but it was not a very flattering photo of me

I have to say there were tons of people with shorts on in Animator's. Both cruises we have stuck to the dress code and not worn shorts but next time I may indulge my boys and let them wear shorts once or twice. We shall see.

Our wonderful servers Angel and Flavio took such good care of us. Angel told me he knew that he was to give me french onion soup but that I could mix and match from any of the other MDRs if I would like and that he would get me the menus. I know the Royal Palace menu by heart because I pored over the menus before our cruise. I told him a menu wasn't necessary and that was so sweet of him and that I really appreciated it. He was great and said he was there to serve me and help make my cruise wonderful DH and I both had the pasta pursettes. I don't really know why I chose these because I got them last year and ended up giving them to DH. This time DH wasn't getting them. They were wonderful! Flavio presented me with a lovely bowl of Belle's french onion soup and I think DH had the baked potato soup or something. I got the beef tenderloin that I had missed in RP and DH got the marinated angus beef tenderloin and since he was "starving" the grain fed sirloin!!! Needless to say he ended up barely touching the sirloin. At the end of our meal Angel came over and asked about dessert. DH got the cookies and cream sundae and Angel asked if I would still like to have the grand marnier souffle since I didn't get to enjoy it last night. I very much wanted the souflee. The meal was absolutely wonderful and we were so stuffed. Our servers last year were great but Angel and Flavio were outstanding. We never felt rushed but they were able to get us in and out in about an hour which I thought was very good.

Last edited by tweis; 06-17-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: