Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #2431
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

That's just awful. I do know on occasion I've gotten some with less than cordial attitudes (especially upon learning I was only going to another WDW property), but I've never been charged more than $18 (I guess it's gone up $1).

Thanks for the warning. (I almost think it might be worth it to walk over to YC and get a taxi! )
We took a town car from the Dolphin to mass at the shrine on a Saturday evening. I don't remember the cost, but we asked the doorman and then verified it with the driver. Comfortable ride, pleasant driver, no problems!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #2432
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Here at the Dolphin on the 17th floor.... Can see the Magic Kingdom and saw the fireworks from our room! Love this place!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #2433
francie
Mouseketeer

recent renovations?

hi, anyone know when the most recent renovations/refurbishment was at the swan and dolphin? tia
Old 06-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #2434
kjduncan
Mouseketeer

Hello all you Swan and Dolphin lovers!! We are planning 5 nights in the parks next May and originally thought we would do YC or BWI with a Spring room discount. For those who have stayed in May, are the rates comparable to the Deluxes or the Moderates for a balcony room?

Also, do you book S&D through their website or through another one?

What are your thoughts on the pool, too? Storm Along Bay seems like heaven for our girls, but if S&D have a good pool and slide I think that would work great for us.

TIA for the input! The rooms look gorgeous, and the location can't be beat!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #2435
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjduncan View Post
Hello all you Swan and Dolphin lovers!! We are planning 5 nights in the parks next May and originally thought we would do YC or BWI with a Spring room discount. For those who have stayed in May, are the rates comparable to the Deluxes or the Moderates for a balcony room?

Also, do you book S&D through their website or through another one?

What are your thoughts on the pool, too? Storm Along Bay seems like heaven for our girls, but if S&D have a good pool and slide I think that would work great for us.

TIA for the input! The rooms look gorgeous, and the location can't be beat!
I always call directly. I like to speak to a REAL person, ;-)

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #2436
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post

I always call directly. I like to speak to a REAL person, ;-)

Agreed... They were very helpful, and worked to find me the best rate. Their direct number is on their website.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #2437
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

I just booked the Swan for 6 nights in October!! This will be our first time there. I stayed at the Dolphin for a convention years ago. I called them direct and the person I spoke to was great. I was between the standard vs. boardwalk view with balcony and ended up choosing the latter. I still may change...who knows! This is the first time going in October and I thought we may actually get some use of the balcony at this time of year! I couldn't get my first night since its currently blocked out for a convention at both the S&D. I am thinking of booking POR for that first night now.

I am so excited! I just love the Epcot area and can't wait for the F&W festival!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 06-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #2438
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hello!

Can anyone give me an idea of how Christmasy it is at the Dolphin? For example, is it heavily decorated? Is there lovely Christmas music pumped in? Or if I'm looking for Christmas overload, would I be better off to go to BC/YC/BWI?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #2439
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hello!

Can anyone give me an idea of how Christmasy it is at the Dolphin? For example, is it heavily decorated? Is there lovely Christmas music pumped in? Or if I'm looking for Christmas overload, would I be better off to go to BC/YC/BWI?
Thanks!

Dolphin Lobby (from 2009)
Old 06-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #2440
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Dolphin Lobby (from 2009)
Oh...so beautiful! Now I'm excited! We are heading to the Dolphin mid December.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #2441
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

6 days until we arrive at the Dolphin!!!

It's amazing how something that felt so far away for such a long time can suddenly feel like its coming up too quickly! Don't get me wrong I'm more that ready to get there, I just can't believe it is less than a week
Old 06-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #2442
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post

It's amazing how something that felt so far away for such a long time can suddenly feel like its coming up too quickly! Don't get me wrong I'm more that ready to get there, I just can't believe it is less than a week
Almost time!! Safe travels and have a magical vacation!

Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #2443
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Half Moon over the Dolphin

From May 2013
Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyPA View Post
Here at the Dolphin on the 17th floor.... Can see the Magic Kingdom and saw the fireworks from our room! Love this place!
Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
hi, anyone know when the most recent renovations/refurbishment was at the swan and dolphin? tia
I would say renovations are always going on somewhere in the hotels. They are big, so seems continual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovintheLodge View Post
I just booked the Swan for 6 nights in October!! This will be our first time there. I stayed at the Dolphin for a convention years ago. I called them direct and the person I spoke to was great. I was between the standard vs. boardwalk view with balcony and ended up choosing the latter. I still may change...who knows! This is the first time going in October and I thought we may actually get some use of the balcony at this time of year! I couldn't get my first night since its currently blocked out for a convention at both the S&D. I am thinking of booking POR for that first night now.

I am so excited! I just love the Epcot area and can't wait for the F&W festival!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
You'll have a fabulous trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hello!

Thanks!

Christmas is gorgeous at the S/D. Last year they add a mini Osborne Lights on the walkways between the resorts. The Dolphin has the gigantic tree with a huge train set going around it along with lots of presents. The Swan has a lifesize Santa with presents and a chimney/fireplace, all made from chocolate. It's beautiful at the resorts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHdDv1hXyz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post

Have a great trip, Mike.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #2444
pkp
Mouseketeer

Suites/points

Anyone had luck using points for a suite? I have enough points for two traditional rooms (have done this before at swan) but would rather have a two bedroom suite. Have read elsewhere about folks getting these for 20,000 points per night but after emailing the hotel I was told they don't allow you to use points for suites. Going during a slow period even (January).
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #2445
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

At this time in 2 days I will be checking to the Swan for the first time..... Sooooo excited.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: