Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #1651
jojosam
Mouseketeer
 
jojosam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Posts: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
DME will send it only to the primary person....the one who made the reservation. They usually send out the packets about 3-4 weeks prior to travel.
If, for some reason, you don't get the packet, just tell your SIL to go to baggage claim, get their bags, and then go to DME checkin. They will need ID, but DME will then print them out new bus vouchers and off they go, bags in hand, to the resort.
Thanks so much!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #1652
dwtwinsmommy
Earning My Ears
 
dwtwinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 12

Magical Express- bag without tag...

So i went to put my luggage tags & magical express tags on my bags (leaving Saturday) and I realized they only sent me 3...we have 4 guests - they missed sending us a tag. So i panic & call - somehow my husband wasn't registered with magical express even though he is on the reservation. They told me not to worry & that they would find my bag, even without the tag. Supposedly this happens all the time...but of course I'm worried. Has anyone ever not used the luggage tags & just given your luggage claim ticket at the magical express counter?
__________________
- me
- DH
- DD-9
- DS-9

'08-VWL; '10-VWL; '11-Poly; '12-BCV; '13-VWL

dwtwinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #1653
beachgrl001
DIS Veteran
 
beachgrl001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,077

booked airtran through southwest....

We booked air tran through southwest, Im filling in the ME info for my dvc rental contract, the flight info is confusing me...as airline- do I put in southwest or airtran??? my email from southwest says
:flight #5463airtran operated by airtran #463
#5400 operated by airtran #400....

I checked the airtran site and the flight #'s are the ones without the 5's...what # do I put for ME??? Im so confused


update-I called SW they said if you put in the # w/o the 5 in front put in AirTran as your carrier but if you put in the 5 put in SW...he did agree that its confusing
__________________
2001- (100 yrs of magic)-offsite, 2005-windsor hills, 2006-POFQ,2008-AKL, 2009-OKW,2010 POP,
2011-POR - 2012 (skipped disney for Cruise & trip to Legoland FL) Sept-2013 AKV JAMBO!!!!

Last edited by beachgrl001; 04-15-2013 at 01:22 PM.
beachgrl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #1654
Vaughanabe13
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10

I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but this thread is 111 pages long so I doubt I'll find it.

When I get to Disney, I think I'll allow my bags just to route directly to the resort via DME. I'll get there around early afternoon, and I want to enjoy the park for the rest of the night, even though my room won't be ready yet. My question is, what the heck do we do with our carry-ons while we go to the World after we arrive? Is it just as simple as taking DME to our resort and leaving our carry-ons with the resort somehow to be transported to our rooms? How does that work? Thanks in advance.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #1655
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but this thread is 111 pages long so I doubt I'll find it.

When I get to Disney, I think I'll allow my bags just to route directly to the resort via DME. I'll get there around early afternoon, and I want to enjoy the park for the rest of the night, even though my room won't be ready yet. My question is, what the heck do we do with our carry-ons while we go to the World after we arrive? Is it just as simple as taking DME to our resort and leaving our carry-ons with the resort somehow to be transported to our rooms? How does that work? Thanks in advance.
First, your room may be ready for you even if you arrive early afternoon.

If not, you can check your carry on items at the luggage desk at your resort -- very easy. In my experience you'd pick these up yourself later on, but my experience is limited to the value resorts when doing this.

Your DME-checked bags will be delivered to your room, however.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #1656
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 46,999
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but this thread is 111 pages long so I doubt I'll find it.

When I get to Disney, I think I'll allow my bags just to route directly to the resort via DME. I'll get there around early afternoon, and I want to enjoy the park for the rest of the night, even though my room won't be ready yet. My question is, what the heck do we do with our carry-ons while we go to the World after we arrive? Is it just as simple as taking DME to our resort and leaving our carry-ons with the resort somehow to be transported to our rooms? How does that work? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the DIS boards!!!
Your question is one a lot of people have!! As already noted, you room may very well be ready when you get there!! So, when you arrive at your resort, get checked in. If your room is ready, head there, freshen up, drop your carryon bags, and head back to the bus stop area and go to a park. If your room isn't ready? Leave those carryon bags with Bell Services/Luggage Assistence. You will be asked if you want to leave a cell number to get a text when your room is ready. So, drop the bags and head to a park. When you get back to the resort, you go to Bell Services/Luggage Assistence and get your carryon bags. Be sure to tip the CMs about $1 per bag! Then head to your room, where your checked bags should be waiting for you.
Any other questions, feel free to ask away!!!
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #1657
Vaughanabe13
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Welcome to the DIS boards!!!
Your question is one a lot of people have!! As already noted, you room may very well be ready when you get there!! So, when you arrive at your resort, get checked in. If your room is ready, head there, freshen up, drop your carryon bags, and head back to the bus stop area and go to a park. If your room isn't ready? Leave those carryon bags with Bell Services/Luggage Assistence. You will be asked if you want to leave a cell number to get a text when your room is ready. So, drop the bags and head to a park. When you get back to the resort, you go to Bell Services/Luggage Assistence and get your carryon bags. Be sure to tip the CMs about $1 per bag! Then head to your room, where your checked bags should be waiting for you.
Any other questions, feel free to ask away!!!
Thanks! I'm guessing my room will probably be ready because I won't get there before noon and I will be going in the down season (September). This is the first time I've had to plan a Disney trip myself so I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises.

Also, is there a general opinion on the DIS boards about letting DME bring your luggage to your room vs. not using the tags and picking up the baggage yourself before taking DME transportation? Any horror stories of DME screwing up and not delivering your bags? I like the convenience of it, but the cynical traveler in me thinks it's a chance to start out the trip with a problem.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #1658
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?
 
Jillpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ma., BCV
Posts: 8,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
Thanks! I'm guessing my room will probably be ready because I won't get there before noon and I will be going in the down season (September). This is the first time I've had to plan a Disney trip myself so I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises.

Also, is there a general opinion on the DIS boards about letting DME bring your luggage to your room vs. not using the tags and picking up the baggage yourself before taking DME transportation? Any horror stories of DME screwing up and not delivering your bags? I like the convenience of it, but the cynical traveler in me thinks it's a chance to start out the trip with a problem.
The general concensus is very positive. ME has been running now for years, and it is seamless. They have it down to a science. Your luggage really WILL show up in your room. You do not have to worry. I've been using it for many, many trips, with absolutely not one single problem. My only advice to you, is not with your luggage, but with your most important valuables, such as laptops, IPads etc. I would ask at the front desk for a locker, I have done that before. And just leave the most valuable stuff there. You'll fill out a form asking what it's worth, they'll give you a key, and you're on your way. But this is up to you, I'm sure Bell services keeps it just as safe, but it's not worth the risk, but it's really a personal decision.
__________________
My happy place
Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #1659
Vaughanabe13
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10

Great, thanks.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #1660
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 46,999
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
Thanks! I'm guessing my room will probably be ready because I won't get there before noon and I will be going in the down season (September). This is the first time I've had to plan a Disney trip myself so I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises.

Also, is there a general opinion on the DIS boards about letting DME bring your luggage to your room vs. not using the tags and picking up the baggage yourself before taking DME transportation? Any horror stories of DME screwing up and not delivering your bags? I like the convenience of it, but the cynical traveler in me thinks it's a chance to start out the trip with a problem.
Well, I've used it more times than I can remember...haven't had an issue yet. Will be allowing them to take care of my bags in a few weeks. Not worried at all.
Just be sure to pack a carryon with anything you may need for the first 5 or so hours. I know that I like to be able to change my clothes or head to the pool when I arrive. If the room is ready, you can go, change, freshen up and then head out to do whatever you want!! No need to wait around for your checked bags to get there.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #1661
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
The general concensus is very positive. ME has been running now for years, and it is seamless. They have it down to a science. Your luggage really WILL show up in your room. You do not have to worry. I've been using it for many, many trips, with absolutely not one single problem. My only advice to you, is not with your luggage, but with your most important valuables, such as laptops, IPads etc. I would ask at the front desk for a locker, I have done that before. And just leave the most valuable stuff there. You'll fill out a form asking what it's worth, they'll give you a key, and you're on your way. But this is up to you, I'm sure Bell services keeps it just as safe, but it's not worth the risk, but it's really a personal decision.
Just in general, to confirm, you still DO have the option of waiting for your bags and bringing them to the bus on your own, correct? After having a bad experience with that same model on a non-Disney trip, regardless of how accurate Disney is, we refuse to be separated from our luggage, bell services as an exception (since it's still in the same building!)

Thanks!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming AKL-K Apr'14, DCL Fantasy/BLT Oct'14, BWV Dec'14
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #1662
Alderbrook
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 708

Yes, just don't put the yellow tags on and get your own luggage at the airport. We've had trouble 2x with ME luggage service, last time they lost one of my bags, they tracked it down but nevertheless, it was an inconvenience and I was panicking. When I showed up in our room and 2 bags were there instead of 3 after having trouble with them on our trip before (luggage not showing up for 6.5 hours) we said we wouldn't use them again. This time we're driving and don't have to worry about it.
__________________
Alderbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #1663
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?
 
Jillpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ma., BCV
Posts: 8,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Just in general, to confirm, you still DO have the option of waiting for your bags and bringing them to the bus on your own, correct? After having a bad experience with that same model on a non-Disney trip, regardless of how accurate Disney is, we refuse to be separated from our luggage, bell services as an exception (since it's still in the same building!)

Thanks!
Yes, that is correct.
__________________
My happy place
Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #1664
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderbrook View Post
Yes, just don't put the yellow tags on and get your own luggage at the airport. We've had trouble 2x with ME luggage service, last time they lost one of my bags, they tracked it down but nevertheless, it was an inconvenience and I was panicking. When I showed up in our room and 2 bags were there instead of 3 after having trouble with them on our trip before (luggage not showing up for 6.5 hours) we said we wouldn't use them again. This time we're driving and don't have to worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Yes, that is correct.
Thank for you replies!! We'll definitely take our own then. If we were missing one of our bags, we would freak. We took a Hawaiian cruise for our honeymoon, and stayed in Honalulu the night before, and our luggage took 7 or 8 hours to get there, and we were REALLY woried we'd have to get on the boat without them!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming AKL-K Apr'14, DCL Fantasy/BLT Oct'14, BWV Dec'14
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #1665
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran
 
poohs_hunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,298

I posted this as a separate thread too but thought it might get more traffic from the "experts" here.

I've been using Magical Express since it began in 2005, and I have always received a packet in the mail with the luggage tags and a booklet with directions containing the bus vouchers for airport to resort. This year, I only received tags in my envelope and a single page with a few directions. There was no booklet with the vouchers as in the past. Are they no longer using the vouchers? If not, what is used to get on the bus? I booked a package through AAA if that makes a difference. I thought maybe the vouchers were now included in the resort packet with all of the other vouchers, but I can't find anything with a bar code for Magical Express. I thought I'd check here before calling. Thanks for any help you can give!
__________________
Upcoming Trip: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic

Past trips: 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite

poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: