Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #226
disneynme
Mouseketeer

We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and we were heading out on our excursion. It was supposed to rain, so the CMs were handing out ponchos--the nice Disney Parks ponchos. It never did rain and we came back to the ship with our brand new ponchos in our bags. After we went through security to get back on the ship, there were boxes of ponchos by the stairs for guests getting off the ship to take with them. I may or may not have grabbed another set of ponchos as I passed by.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #227
Moxin
Mouseketeer

I have taken your name down and have reported you. Expect the bill in a few days.

Or, send me the poncho's and everything will be taken care of.
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #228
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Veranda Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
While in port! It was dark.....

DH and I are members of this exclusive club also. But, late "at sea" nights for us.

Last edited by dbarker; 06-13-2013 at 07:19 AM.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #229
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Ok here is mine. We had the couples choice package at the spa booked during sail away and we chose to go with robes only. After our CM opened the window so we could have an open view and put the aromatherapy stuff in the hot tub, she left us alone to get in. My DH gets in first, then my turn as the ship begins to move, I drop my robe step up and in the tub with DH grinning. I ask him why he is smiling and turn to see what he is pointing at and see all these men waving their white hand towels or handkerchiefs as we sail by(back when they were working on the new building at Port Canaveral). He said you just mooned those guys. I sunk way down in the tub. DH loves telling this story.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #230
mommyofthreeboys
DIS Veteran

In January 2011 we cruised with another couple. We got boarding pass #2. I kept mine for my scrapbook and walked on with them.
September 2008-ASsp- Anniversary trip-just DH & I
April 25-30, 2009- BWV with a friend
March 21-25, 2010- first cruise! and a stay at POR and CS. On the Wonder.
January 3-8, 2011- 2nd cruise! On the Magic.
(41) (38) (20) (15) (13)
mommyofthreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #231
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Ok here is mine. We had the couples choice package at the spa booked during sail away and we chose to go with robes only. After our CM opened the window so we could have an open view and put the aromatherapy stuff in the hot tub, she left us alone to get in. My DH gets in first, then my turn as the ship begins to move, I drop my robe step up and in the tub with DH grinning. I ask him why he is smiling and turn to see what he is pointing at and see all these men waving their white hand towels or handkerchiefs as we sail by(back when they were working on the new building at Port Canaveral). He said you just mooned those guys. I sunk way down in the tub. DH loves telling this story.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #232
mtgdisney
Mouseketeer

When we booked there were only rooms that slept 3 and we have 4 in our family. Our friends and us linked our rooms together and they put my daughter's name on their room.

We took the laundry bag because it's so darn cute and our friends got charged for it. They got it taken off their bill because the "didn't" take it. I never use it, I just look at it.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #233
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgdisney View Post
When we booked there were only rooms that slept 3 and we have 4 in our family. Our friends and us linked our rooms together and they put my daughter's name on their room.

We took the laundry bag because it's so darn cute and our friends got charged for it. They got it taken off their bill because the "didn't" take it. I never use it, I just look at it.
Tsk tsk!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #234
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

I'm not a great fan of pirate night either...thought I was the only one!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #235
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Pirate night menu for veggies .. Awful and not changed since 2008!!!!

We don't go to pirates now, just mooch about for a while .. But for a first timer, it's a must!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #236
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post

On our first cruise, I packed lots of different seasickness meds because I didn't know how my family would do. Although some were a bit queasy that first night, after that everyone was fine and no need for them.

Fast forward to the last night. It's the middle of the night, we are speeding back to Port Canaveral, the ship is rocking mightily and my husband is sick as a dog. He stumbles out of the bathroom and begs for the seasickness meds I was so good about packing. It is at this point I confess: I had packed ALL of them in the luggage that had been taken away earlier that night.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #237
mazz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazz1 View Post
Love this thread so we've had a fire, theft, drink and a confession of murder

well we might as well go the whole hog and add seduction to the list

so ok i here goes ......

i confess

pre cruise i really fancied a suite ~ dh didn't and no matter how many sweet nothings i whispered about free pre dinner cocktails he just wasn't taking the bait, i whispered lovely things like suite darling, jaccuzi tub pre dinner drinkies and he replied something along the lines of double dip recession and the car needs servicing

so i resorted to underhand tactics

i cooked that special man of mine a gorgeous steak dinner, topped up his beer like a good wife does and changed from my usual jeans and tees into the shortest sexiest dress i own and with some killer heels what can i say the man was putty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
It would work on this man.
well lets hope your mrs is reading this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwork View Post
I tried this with my wife, but she hates beer, and I don't look good in a dress either. Weird dinner conversation, some threats about no more cruises....

aww honey you shouldn't have tried so hard i'm sure the dress looked lovely and all but us women appreciate the little things dont ya know like putting the loo seat down now n then and putting away the dishes if my husband was looking for the way to my heart he would only have to leave that bathroom a little cleaner and maybe buy me a box of chocs and i'd be putty too, better luck next time ?
mazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #238
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post

On our first cruise, I packed lots of different seasickness meds because I didn't know how my family would do. Although some were a bit queasy that first night, after that everyone was fine and no need for them.

Fast forward to the last night. It's the middle of the night, we are speeding back to Port Canaveral, the ship is rocking mightily and my husband is sick as a dog. He stumbles out of the bathroom and begs for the seasickness meds I was so good about packing. It is at this point I confess: I had packed ALL of them in the luggage that had been taken away earlier that night.
Ironic...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #239
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Ironic...
I know! I felt awful.

On every cruise since I keep all the meds (Bonine, Advil, Benadryl, etc.) all in one small bag that NEVER gets packed with all the other stuff.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #240
g3pak
DIS Veteran

Our first cruise ever- DCL or any other line- is this fall. I hope to join the veranda club, although as private and modest as my wife is, the best I can hope for is a sea day, at night, at probably 3 a.m. when everyone else should be in their rooms asleep. I will probably also have to construct some kind of temporary enclosure with multiple layers that will prevent anyone seeing us from a neighboring veranda with binoculars, night vision, or infra-red. It will also have to prevent pictures taken by spy satellites.

Come to think of it, forget it. Joining the club isn't worth all of that trouble.
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: