Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello to all you lovelies!
Hi!! When do you fly out?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #32
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hi!! When do you fly out?

Yay for all paid!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #33
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
johnsonet... then this thread is for YOU!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Yay! Newbie on the new thread!

My trips...

8/21 - 8/24 no resort yet...dates subject to change!

WDW - 1/10-1/14 no resort yet!
DL 1/14-1/17 no resort yet!
1/17/- 1/21 - GCV

May 2014 BWV???

4 trips, only one confirmed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
118 days until we are at Vero in a Deluxe Villa and then on to Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will very likely change.

Sounds so great
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #34
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Yoo Hoo! I am here too! I have not changed my resort in the last 24hrs...what's up with that??!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Took a long nap today and I got up finding I am behind on 2 RC threads and the new one is already on page 3!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #36
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Yoo Hoo! I am here too! I have not changed my resort in the last 24hrs...what's up with that??!!
So glad I'm not the only one....I'm two weeks away from our trip (Beach Club) and I'm seriously considering a change to one of the monorail resorts. I need help

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #37
Willows909
Mouseketeer

So glad I'm not the only one....I'm two weeks away from our trip (Beach Club) and I'm seriously considering a change to one of the monorail resorts. I need help

We all need help! But I'm okay with that!! Although I gotta say...I am liking my choices for 2 straight days! Mmmmm....
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #38
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks a million for the reviews of BWV (on my phone or I would multi-quote!) I'm wondering if the standard view studios will be relatively quiet ... at least compared to the Pool/Water view villas.

On the Magical Depress right now. Went over to DHS after Miss M did her final bead activity this morning, one last ride of Star Tours, gifted some Fastpasses onto some really appreciative girls and their momma, then took the boat over to the Swan. (Did a sneak peek walk-through of the clown pool, wanted to remind myself of what the pool looked like.) Got a Snakebite to sip whilst watching the band play over in the UK pavilion, took the kiddo on Nemo then headed back to the resort for some last minute giraffe viewing. I did try the Zebra Domes! Yummmm-o.

The hubster keeps turning around giving me a pouty look! Haha, I think the man is hooked.

P.S. we'll be lucky to make it home this evening. Severe weather warnings back home with "quarter sized hail and tornado like winds" ...
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #39
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Hello to all you lovelies!
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
All paid!! :-) just need to see if there are any other ADRs I want to change/add...or if we could fit in the Family Magic Tour or not...

We had our trip all paid for. Until the DH decided that after looking at my "must do" list for the MK that we needed more time in that park and added a day. I just made a payment and now we're down to only owing $177.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Took a long nap today and I got up finding I am behind on 2 RC threads and the new one is already on page 3!

When I woke up from my nap this morning, I was behind 3 (or maybe 4 pages) on the old thread and the making of the new one.

I swear men complain about how often and quickly, women change their minds, but I swear the DH is just as bad sometimes. When I first talked to him about it today the plan was to wake up on Sunday, September 8, and check into the AKL no later than 10 AM. Then swim for a few hours before getting dressed for our 4:15 ADR at Ragland Road. Then we would head to the MK for PM EMH. Well we had to get off the phone for him to do an appt and by the time he got done, he had changed his mind. He now doesn't want to swim. He wanted to head straight to the MK after checking in, and then get to our 4:15 ADR at Ragland Road, before going back to the MK for PM EMH. I just thought that was silly. It makes more sense to me to move the Ragland Road ADR earlier and then spend the rest of the afternoon/evening in the MK. I needed to leave for school, so we didn't get to talk about it, but we will when I get home tonight.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #40
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
**, you ladies have been chatty today, I'm going to attempt them impossible (catching up on this thread ).
Wookie, I'm massively behind too for an extra day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I'm here.....will catch up soon
Melissa, missed out on the last thread for sending you a virtual Think Jen said it best....forget those that only like to DISh out negativity, we love ya here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Yay! Newbie on the new thread!

My trips...

8/21 - 8/24 no resort yet...dates subject to change!

WDW - 1/10-1/14 no resort yet!
DL 1/14-1/17 no resort yet!
1/17/- 1/21 - GCV

May 2014 BWV???

4 trips, only one confirmed!!!
No problem... you have a recurring theme going So it will be a "TBD" ... nothing out of the ordinary on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
October 9th to 22nd.
Yeah!! Nice.long.trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I'm here!

Janet - My most recent RC for my August trip (dates still 8/7-8/17)
Poly CL - 3 nts
BC CL - 5 nts
AKV - 2 nts

My new trip is 10/24-10/28 Resort TBD...

I know you're busy, so no hurry on updating
Iheart!! thy will be done! and congrats on booking October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
So pas, were you hinting that you changed this morning.... what's the latest??? Love the newest thread. Thanks again for all you do
See post #2 (although no guarantees it's still accurate!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #41
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is anything wrong??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Sheila, no worries, you are here now!

Quote:
On the Magical Depress right now. Went over to DHS after Miss M did her final bead activity this morning, one last ride of Star Tours, gifted some Fastpasses onto some really appreciative girls and their momma, then took the boat over to the Swan. (Did a sneak peek walk-through of the clown pool, wanted to remind myself of what the pool looked like.) Got a Snakebite to sip whilst watching the band play over in the UK pavilion, took the kiddo on Nemo then headed back to the resort for some last minute giraffe viewing. I did try the Zebra Domes! Yummmm-o.

The hubster keeps turning around giving me a pouty look! Haha, I think the man is hooked.
Sorry you are on the dreaded MD ... loved all the pix you posted. Could of used some zebra domes today... heck, maybe just skip it and try a Snakebite or two!

Quote:
P.S. we'll be lucky to make it home this evening. Severe weather warnings back home with "quarter sized hail and tornado like winds" ...
Miss, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe trip home We are supposed to get some nasty weather rolling in tonight too.

Quote:
Hello
I swear men complain about how often and quickly, women change their minds, but I swear the DH is just as bad sometimes. When I first talked to him about it today the plan was to wake up on Sunday, September 8, and check into the AKL no later than 10 AM. Then swim for a few hours before getting dressed for our 4:15 ADR at Ragland Road. Then we would head to the MK for PM EMH. Well we had to get off the phone for him to do an appt and by the time he got done, he had changed his mind. He now doesn't want to swim. He wanted to head straight to the MK after checking in, and then get to our 4:15 ADR at Ragland Road, before going back to the MK for PM EMH. I just thought that was silly. It makes more sense to me to move the Ragland Road ADR earlier and then spend the rest of the afternoon/evening in the MK. I needed to leave for school, so we didn't get to talk about it, but we will when I get home tonight.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Men....geesh. Sure you will get him to see the light. An early lunch then head over to MK for the rest of the day/night makes the most sense to me too.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #42
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks a million for the reviews of BWV (on my phone or I would multi-quote!) I'm wondering if the standard view studios will be relatively quiet ... at least compared to the Pool/Water view villas.

Yes, be careful!! We're supposed to get hit with some rough weather, and I think it's worse up there!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #43
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello

We had our trip all paid for. Until the DH decided that after looking at my "must do" list for the MK that we needed more time in that park and added a day. I just made a payment and now we're down to only owing $177.

When I woke up from my nap this morning, I was behind 3 (or maybe 4 pages) on the old thread and the making of the new one.

I swear men complain about how often and quickly, women change their minds, but I swear the DH is just as bad sometimes. When I first talked to him about it today the plan was to wake up on Sunday, September 8, and check into the AKL no later than 10 AM. Then swim for a few hours before getting dressed for our 4:15 ADR at Ragland Road. Then we would head to the MK for PM EMH. Well we had to get off the phone for him to do an appt and by the time he got done, he had changed his mind. He now doesn't want to swim. He wanted to head straight to the MK after checking in, and then get to our 4:15 ADR at Ragland Road, before going back to the MK for PM EMH. I just thought that was silly. It makes more sense to me to move the Ragland Road ADR earlier and then spend the rest of the afternoon/evening in the MK. I needed to leave for school, so we didn't get to talk about it, but we will when I get home tonight.
Maybe do lunch at RR instead then? That sounds like a good plan to me. :-)

Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #44
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sue!! Been trying to post since yesterday (work gets in the way )... so hope you are feeling better after your Costco run... it can be costly in more ways than one.
Yes thanks taking it easy today AND its our anniversary, 32 yrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Orange Bird loves his new nest. Thank you to all resort changing enablers and especially pas130, who will always be reigning queen of RC

Where's the like button?

Quote:
**, you ladies have been chatty today, I'm going to attempt them impossible (catching up on this thread ).
Jennyjinx - Your DH is too adorable!! I'm glad he had such a good time.

Jennyjinx - not family vote on this one. The DH is set on staying at the Swan that night. Although, after his idea to take him, our 2 DSs, his father, and his grandfather to the Texas Rangers game this Sunday we may just end up at a cheap offsite hotel that night.

Miss - I am loving all the AKL pictures!! I actually have a girl that I grew up with that is staying at the AKL with her family right now and then another friend at Bonnett Creek. The one at Bonnett Creek says it's way better than her stay at Port Orleans.

Koh - I'm hoping for low crowds when we are there in September. This will be our first time to go in that month. I'm glad your TA got everything moved.

SueM - I have the same problem. I usually always end up buying pints of Ben & Jerry's and then I never eat mine because I forget about it. Plus, I can't eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting. It takes me like 3 or 4 times. Well unless I'm really ticked off and then I can eat it all at once.

Miss - I love giraffes!! Thanks for the pictures.

Mousemommy1 - Don't go CL, spend the money you would have spent on CL doing a tour, treating yourself to a spa treatment, or one of the cruises. oooooo, or a dinner at V&A's.

MAGIC - I would rather do the AKL too, so we don't have to pack up and move resorts the next morning. It wouldn't be as bad if the Swan would move our luggage for us.

Mousemommy1 - Ugh, I'm so sorry. That stinks!! Hopefully it won't be an expensive fix. We actually just found a huge ant mound in the house. They found it when they took out the bathtub unit in the middle bathroom (that shares a wall with the bathroom for our room). It's under and around the shower unit in our bathroom.

Oh and our dates changed just a little. We added a day to the beginning of the trip. Surprisingly it was the DH's idea, because he wants more time at the MK after I showed him my "must do at the MK" list. Our new dates are 9/8 -9/14/13, and we're still at the AKL PV.

Luckily, nothing new going on here. I have to go to school in a few hours, but nothing has happened today that has made me want to pull my hair out. Oh and if y'all have a Kindle, today the book Keys to the Kingdom is free on Amazon for it. Someone in the September FB group posted about it, and I already have my copy.

My problem at Costco Is the clothing

Quote:

Magic Depress is the worst, but stings less knowing you'll be back soon!

Safe travels! That weather sounds scary
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #45
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yes thanks taking it easy today AND its our anniversary, 32 yrs!

Where's the like button?

My problem at Costco Is the clothing

Magic Depress is the worst, but stings less knowing you'll be back soon!

Safe travels! That weather sounds scary
Happy Anniversary!!!!

We will celebrate our 11th on Saturday!!! what's even more shocking is that we will also be celebrating 19 years together....and I am 34, DH is 35....do the math....

And I'm still all over that man...termites and all....

I was moping about the money paid to Orkin today (seriously though, that was the same amount as our normal airfare!!!) and I was talking about dropping CL...DH laughed and said he has perfect faith that I will find a way.....LOL

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: