Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
Alysa
DIS Veteran

118 days until we are at Vero in a Deluxe Villa and then on to Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will very likely change.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip

Up next October 2013 with our new baby!
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Our dear RC Queen was sent out on an errand... sure she will be back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I love staying at all the resorts, and am never happy unless I'm checking and re-checking what else is available on-line - so I'll jump on board!

Leaving in 5 days for AKL pool view and have added a night at CR Atrium Club w/ an MK View I cannot wait!

Thank you for this thread
johnsonet... then this thread is for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Mama Linda is here!
our GG aka Mama Linda is in the new house!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Than you for letting me know, Jeannette!!
Hi Christine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
118 days until we are at Vero in a Deluxe Villa and then on to Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will very likely change.
But of course it will!! ps...dates please??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

**, you ladies have been chatty today, I'm going to attempt them impossible (catching up on this thread ).
Jennyjinx - Your DH is too adorable!! I'm glad he had such a good time.

Jennyjinx - not family vote on this one. The DH is set on staying at the Swan that night. Although, after his idea to take him, our 2 DSs, his father, and his grandfather to the Texas Rangers game this Sunday we may just end up at a cheap offsite hotel that night.

Miss - I am loving all the AKL pictures!! I actually have a girl that I grew up with that is staying at the AKL with her family right now and then another friend at Bonnett Creek. The one at Bonnett Creek says it's way better than her stay at Port Orleans.

Koh - I'm hoping for low crowds when we are there in September. This will be our first time to go in that month. I'm glad your TA got everything moved.

SueM - I have the same problem. I usually always end up buying pints of Ben & Jerry's and then I never eat mine because I forget about it. Plus, I can't eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting. It takes me like 3 or 4 times. Well unless I'm really ticked off and then I can eat it all at once.

Miss - I love giraffes!! Thanks for the pictures.

Mousemommy1 - Don't go CL, spend the money you would have spent on CL doing a tour, treating yourself to a spa treatment, or one of the cruises. oooooo, or a dinner at V&A's.

MAGIC - I would rather do the AKL too, so we don't have to pack up and move resorts the next morning. It wouldn't be as bad if the Swan would move our luggage for us.

Mousemommy1 - Ugh, I'm so sorry. That stinks!! Hopefully it won't be an expensive fix. We actually just found a huge ant mound in the house. They found it when they took out the bathtub unit in the middle bathroom (that shares a wall with the bathroom for our room). It's under and around the shower unit in our bathroom.

Oh and our dates changed just a little. We added a day to the beginning of the trip. Surprisingly it was the DH's idea, because he wants more time at the MK after I showed him my "must do at the MK" list. Our new dates are 9/8 -9/14/13, and we're still at the AKL PV.

Luckily, nothing new going on here. I have to go to school in a few hours, but nothing has happened today that has made me want to pull my hair out. Oh and if y'all have a Kindle, today the book Keys to the Kingdom is free on Amazon for it. Someone in the September FB group posted about it, and I already have my copy.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I'm here.....will catch up soon

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Yay! Newbie on the new thread!

My trips...

8/21 - 8/24 no resort yet...dates subject to change!

WDW - 1/10-1/14 no resort yet!
DL 1/14-1/17 no resort yet!
1/17/- 1/21 - GCV

May 2014 BWV???

4 trips, only one confirmed!!!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!

Last edited by SeptemberGirl; 06-12-2013 at 02:24 PM.
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Koh1977 - The place is in St. Charles. I hear it's been updated since I was there, but I loved the non-updated version.

My family is from Joliet - nearly all of them. Some elderly aunts still live in Chicago. I'm usually out there once a year to see my cousins. We are very long term NJ transplants!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
But of course it will!! ps...dates please??
October 9th to 22nd.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip

Up next October 2013 with our new baby!
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
**, you ladies have been chatty today, I'm going to attempt them impossible (catching up on this thread ).
Jennyjinx - Your DH is too adorable!! I'm glad he had such a good time.

Jennyjinx - not family vote on this one. The DH is set on staying at the Swan that night. Although, after his idea to take him, our 2 DSs, his father, and his grandfather to the Texas Rangers game this Sunday we may just end up at a cheap offsite hotel that night.

Miss - I am loving all the AKL pictures!! I actually have a girl that I grew up with that is staying at the AKL with her family right now and then another friend at Bonnett Creek. The one at Bonnett Creek says it's way better than her stay at Port Orleans.

Koh - I'm hoping for low crowds when we are there in September. This will be our first time to go in that month. I'm glad your TA got everything moved.

SueM - I have the same problem. I usually always end up buying pints of Ben & Jerry's and then I never eat mine because I forget about it. Plus, I can't eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting. It takes me like 3 or 4 times. Well unless I'm really ticked off and then I can eat it all at once.

Miss - I love giraffes!! Thanks for the pictures.

Mousemommy1 - Don't go CL, spend the money you would have spent on CL doing a tour, treating yourself to a spa treatment, or one of the cruises. oooooo, or a dinner at V&A's.

MAGIC - I would rather do the AKL too, so we don't have to pack up and move resorts the next morning. It wouldn't be as bad if the Swan would move our luggage for us.

Mousemommy1 - Ugh, I'm so sorry. That stinks!! Hopefully it won't be an expensive fix. We actually just found a huge ant mound in the house. They found it when they took out the bathtub unit in the middle bathroom (that shares a wall with the bathroom for our room). It's under and around the shower unit in our bathroom.

Oh and our dates changed just a little. We added a day to the beginning of the trip. Surprisingly it was the DH's idea, because he wants more time at the MK after I showed him my "must do at the MK" list. Our new dates are 9/8 -9/14/13, and we're still at the AKL PV.

Luckily, nothing new going on here. I have to go to school in a few hours, but nothing has happened today that has made me want to pull my hair out. Oh and if y'all have a Kindle, today the book Keys to the Kingdom is free on Amazon for it. Someone in the September FB group posted about it, and I already have my copy.

DD and I might be there the same time as you .... not sure of our exact dates yet but hoping to stay at AKV Jambo!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #24
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Janet - My most recent RC for my August trip (dates still 8/7-8/17)
Poly CL - 3 nts
BC CL - 5 nts
AKV - 2 nts

My new trip is 10/24-10/28 Resort TBD...

I know you're busy, so no hurry on updating

SeptemberGirl - I see a lot of RCing in your future. That's a whole lotta planning to do!

Mousemommy - My bad on the CL confusion. Still, no worries. Wherever you end up will be awesome!

So pas, were you hinting that you changed this morning.... what's the latest??? Love the newest thread. Thanks again for all you do
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #25
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
DD and I might be there the same time as you .... not sure of our exact dates yet but hoping to stay at AKV Jambo!
Sweet!! Maybe we'll run into each other.

The DH and I were talking about our trip when he called as he was driving to his next appt. He had me make an ADR for Ragland Road at 4:15 PM on the day we check into the AKL. He is thinking that instead of trying to get an early ADR, we could just hang out at the resort and swim for a couple of hours. Before I go ask on the AK thread, do y'all know if there is a place we could change into our swim suits at the pool, if our room isn't ready? Also, how long do we need to allow for travel to DtD, whether it be by Disney bus or by our minivan? His plan is to get to the AKL, check in, swim for a couple of hours, eat at Ragland Road, and then go to the MK for PM EMH.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Sweet!! Maybe we'll run into each other.

The DH and I were talking about our trip when he called as he was driving to his next appt. He had me make an ADR for Ragland Road at 4:15 PM on the day we check into the AKL. He is thinking that instead of trying to get an early ADR, we could just hang out at the resort and swim for a couple of hours. Before I go ask on the AK thread, do y'all know if there is a place we could change into our swim suits at the pool, if our room isn't ready? Also, how long do we need to allow for travel to DtD, whether it be by Disney bus or by our minivan? His plan is to get to the AKL, check in, swim for a couple of hours, eat at Ragland Road, and then go to the MK for PM EMH.
There is a place to change near the pool! You'll probably find us at the pool most afternoons!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! Jeanette says a new thread will be up shortly. I go to lunch with my sister and get home to see the new thread is up. I go to subscribe and we're already on page 2!!! :-)

Going back to get caught up!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Koh1977 - The place is in St. Charles. I hear it's been updated since I was there, but I loved the non-updated version.

My family is from Joliet - nearly all of them. Some elderly aunts still live in Chicago. I'm usually out there once a year to see my cousins. We are very long term NJ transplants!
Used to live in Plainfield!! :-). (Although family is from Springfield where we live now)

Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #29
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello to all you lovelies!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

All paid!! :-) just need to see if there are any other ADRs I want to change/add...or if we could fit in the Family Magic Tour or not...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: