Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #211
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 3,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotomu212 View Post
Two weeks ago on the Transatlantic I went back to my room in the middle of the day, door was open and the host was cleaning the bathroom. I was beat so went in and laid on the bed anyway, host walked into the main room, and OMG THAT'S NOT MY HOST and OM friggin G that isn't my stuff on the dresser. I was in the wrong room! Accidentally got off the elevator at 7 instead of 6 and just made myself at home on their bed. As I was rushing out I told the host "this never happened, we will never speak of it again".

I also was on the elevator when it stopped mid-trip to let more people on. It was a family with two SCREAMING kids (one was flailing and kicking too). I acted like I got confused and hit the door closed button instead of door open one. My 5 year old was super judge-y on that one and I do admit feeling bad now but they were LOUD and I had 5 more floors to go.
Hee. On both. Did you really go into the wrong room?

I've pulled that elevator trick in Vegas....
__________________
Disney Wonder - 4/27/03 - 4 Day
Disney Magic - 5/8/04 - Western
Disney Magic - 6/24/05 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #212
omalley1118
DIS Veteran
 
omalley1118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotomu212 View Post
Two weeks ago on the Transatlantic I went back to my room in the middle of the day, door was open and the host was cleaning the bathroom. I was beat so went in and laid on the bed anyway, host walked into the main room, and OMG THAT'S NOT MY HOST and OM friggin G that isn't my stuff on the dresser. I was in the wrong room! Accidentally got off the elevator at 7 instead of 6 and just made myself at home on their bed. As I was rushing out I told the host "this never happened, we will never speak of it again".

I also was on the elevator when it stopped mid-trip to let more people on. It was a family with two SCREAMING kids (one was flailing and kicking too). I acted like I got confused and hit the door closed button instead of door open one. My 5 year old was super judge-y on that one and I do admit feeling bad now but they were LOUD and I had 5 more floors to go.
I'm not sure which is funnier... I cannot imagine figuring out you're in the wrong room while lying in the bed...may have just peed myself a little!
__________________
OMalley1118
Member since 2009
omalley1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #213
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer
 
ThePicketts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cannock, England
Posts: 382

Ok. Here it goes.
I don't like Pirate Night.
I have never been to the cast off celebration.
I feel better and yet bitterly judged.
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #214
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Ok. Here it goes.
I don't like Pirate Night.
I have never been to the cast off celebration.
I feel better and yet bitterly judged.
I am with you in regards to Pirate Night. Time for it to go bye bye. As for sailaway, been there done that but I think its good for first time cruisers. I am usually at the hot tub. Ok as for my confessions. I can't stand Animators Palette. Now I have only been on the classics, but if you know anything about stage lighting you will know how it's done and it's the oldest trick in the book. Simple change from foreground to background lighting. Ho hum. I so think Palo dinner is way, way, way overrated

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #215
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer
 
ThePicketts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cannock, England
Posts: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701

I am with you in regards to Pirate Night. Time for it to go bye bye. As for sailaway, been there done that but I think its good for first time cruisers. I am usually at the hot tub. Ok as for my confessions. I can't stand Animators Palette. Now I have only been on the classics, but if you know anything about stage lighting you will know how it's done and it's the oldest trick in the book. Simple change from foreground to background lighting. Ho hum. I so think Palo dinner is way, way, way overrated

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Oh, I could live in ANIMATOR'S PALATE! PARROT CAY on tge other hand. ....
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #216
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran
 
TwinPrincessMermaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 3,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701

I am with you in regards to Pirate Night. Time for it to go bye bye. As for sailaway, been there done that but I think its good for first time cruisers. I am usually at the hot tub. Ok as for my confessions. I can't stand Animators Palette. Now I have only been on the classics, but if you know anything about stage lighting you will know how it's done and it's the oldest trick in the book. Simple change from foreground to background lighting. Ho hum. I so think Palo dinner is way, way, way overrated

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Our AP on the Dream was anything but a simple lighting change, and Magic will be getting the Fantasy upgrade which will make it better than that. BIG difference here soon.
__________________
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #217
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post

Our AP on the Dream was anything but a simple lighting change, and Magic will be getting the Fantasy upgrade which will make it better than that. BIG difference here soon.
Actually I am not a fan of what I know on the new ships either. I am there to eat. Not to talk to some turtle or draw pictures to be animated. All in all I just don't like it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #218
omalley1118
DIS Veteran
 
omalley1118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 642

I am not a huge fan of the shows...don't hate me!!! I did enjoy Villains Tonight just because watching my des watch it was priceless. I think I fell asleep in Dreams. I also do not enjoy the MDRs sometimes. I am really a simple food kind of girl. And we have never friended a server on FB... LOL!! I'm sure ill be flamed for any or all of these claims.
__________________
OMalley1118
Member since 2009
omalley1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #219
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part
 
PrincessTrisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough ON
Posts: 3,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Ok. Here it goes.
I don't like Pirate Night.
I have never been to the cast off celebration.
I feel better and yet bitterly judged.
Okay, you opened a floodgate in me and I'm ready to confess:

We get a verandah on DCL to avoid the whole Sailaway mess on deck and have our own quiet sailaway celebration.

Never seen the Pirate show on Pirate night (don't like crowds) and don't like the Pirate night dining menu either. I'd rather they did away with the whole Pirate thing and replaced it with something - anything - else.

I'm not a fan of rotational dining - I'd rather just have 1 nicely decorated dining room.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #220
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,305

Veranda Club!!!

While in port! It was dark.....

__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #221
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Okay, you opened a floodgate in me and I'm ready to confess:

We get a verandah on DCL to avoid the whole Sailaway mess on deck and have our own quiet sailaway celebration.

Never seen the Pirate show on Pirate night (don't like crowds) and don't like the Pirate night dining menu either. I'd rather they did away with the whole Pirate thing and replaced it with something - anything - else.

I'm not a fan of rotational dining - I'd rather just have 1 nicely decorated dining room.
Whatever they replaced it with would likely have crowds.
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #222
JnDRader
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outside Atlanta
Posts: 360

Exotic Rasul. Guilty.
__________________


JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #223
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part
 
PrincessTrisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough ON
Posts: 3,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Whatever they replaced it with would likely have crowds.
I just don't like Pirates - the movies are okay but I don't see why Pirates have become such "heros". I don't think they are good role models and I don't get what the fuss is about. Although I don't like crowds, I brave crowds for things I do like, pirates isn't one of them.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #224
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran
 
Momma2Jax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotomu212 View Post
Two weeks ago on the Transatlantic I went back to my room in the middle of the day, door was open and the host was cleaning the bathroom. I was beat so went in and laid on the bed anyway, host walked into the main room, and OMG THAT'S NOT MY HOST and OM friggin G that isn't my stuff on the dresser. I was in the wrong room! Accidentally got off the elevator at 7 instead of 6 and just made myself at home on their bed. As I was rushing out I told the host "this never happened, we will never speak of it again".

I also was on the elevator when it stopped mid-trip to let more people on. It was a family with two SCREAMING kids (one was flailing and kicking too). I acted like I got confused and hit the door closed button instead of door open one. My 5 year old was super judge-y on that one and I do admit feeling bad now but they were LOUD and I had 5 more floors to go.
Hahaha! Love both of these!
__________________

Me DH DS 5


Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #225
bigvig1130
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 112

Got off in Nassau to get a bottle to bring on the boat. Not normally a drinker, but every once in a while......
DD had previously stayed out late at kids club the night before, so I figured to expect the same this night.
Got what could be considered a whole pizzas worth of slices to prepare for expected munchies to bring down to room.
3/4 of a bottle of Amarula later, DD comes back to room "I'm bored".
Ended up playing ping pong with a healthy buzz at around midnight. Must have launched 5 or 6 balls off the boat that night.
bigvig1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: