Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #3496
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
We finished an 8 night sat at the Poly on Sunday, June 9. We had a wonderful stay and loved the resort. Here's a summary of my thoughts on the resort.

We didn't request a longhouse instead opting for requesting only a balcony or patio. We were assigned Rapa Nui 3106 which is on the third floor, mid-building. We loved the location because after long days it was so close to the TTC and bus stop. What a blessing. I timed the walk to the Great Ceremonial House six times and at a leisurely pace it was always between 3 minutes 30 to 50 seconds.

Loved Cap'n Cooks and ate several breakfast, lunch and dinners there. Food was always good and the staff friendly and well versed on DDP which helped keep things going. Love Tonga Toast.

Volcano pool was terrific. I loved the slide as much as DD and went down it a lot. We went to the pool almost every day of the nine we were there. I think the only day we missed was the day Andrea passed through. Yes, the pool is extremely busy but you can at least grab a lounger on the beach. If you want to get a table and chair it's difficult. We arrived one morning at 9:30 am and we were only able to grab one in the bar area which was fine. If this is important to you be prepared that it may not always be an option.

Take time to enjoy Wishes and EWP from the beach. We loved it and due to weather we were only able to do it once but would have done it more.

Bus service was mostly okay. On SWW we had the DHS bus fill up and had to wait for the next. There were three AK busses before the next DHS came back which filled and left a crowd waiting. I think it's not rocket science to know SWW is busy so I thought it was a fail not to have done a better job with that. All told it was 40 minutes at the bus stop waiting that day.

Monorails are wonderful. There were about 5 separate days where the monorails weren't working during our trip due to, "electrical issues," but we just jumped on a bus or boat.

Boat service was okay but not our preferred mode of transportation. The resort boats can get hot and don't offer full shade. We waited at the GF dock for about 10 minutes one day in the still, hot air because they couldn't leave until the boat left the Poly dock. Again, not the preferred mode so it wasn't horrible.

Kona Cafe and Ohana were great. We ate breakfast and dinner at Ohana and dinner at Kona. Service and the food was terrific. It was wonderful to be able to walk over to eat there from the long house. We always visit these restaurants and the time we saved was great and if I put a dollar sign on my time it makes the room cost not so striking.

Loved Boutiki. Next to World of Disney this is our favorite store on site.

Be warned, in torrential rain the pathways flood. On two separate days we found standing water greater than 8 inches. And once the sandals got sucked off my feet. On these unique days we figured out running through the grass was the way to go.

That's all I can think of. Let me know if you have thoughts/questions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you for your review! I purposely planned our YC stay for SWW and I'm glad I did. I had a feeling the buses to DHS would be a nightmare from the monorail resorts. I am so excited to get to the Poly next month, I can almost hear the music now.
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
TigrLvsPooh is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #3497
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,105

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Thank you for your review! I purposely planned our YC stay for SWW and I'm glad I did. I had a feeling the buses to DHS would be a nightmare from the monorail resorts. I am so excited to get to the Poly next month, I can almost hear the music now.
TigrLvsPooh, buses in general were a nightmare. If y'all have a car you're better off driving, even to EPCOT, it was faster than the monorail. I swear, when we were there we rode the same one to and from EPCOT, never saw another one on the track.
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #3498
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Can anyone tell me if they think the rooms are Comfortable enough for 5 to fit? (there are 3 kids and 2 adults) TIA
We are a family of 4, but I thought the rooms were very large and spacious. I would have no trouble staying there with 5 people .

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
We finished an 8 night sat at the Poly on Sunday, June 9. We had a wonderful stay and loved the resort. Here's a summary of my thoughts on the resort.

We didn't request a longhouse instead opting for requesting only a balcony or patio. We were assigned Rapa Nui 3106 which is on the third floor, mid-building. We loved the location because after long days it was so close to the TTC and bus stop. What a blessing. I timed the walk to the Great Ceremonial House six times and at a leisurely pace it was always between 3 minutes 30 to 50 seconds.

Loved Cap'n Cooks and ate several breakfast, lunch and dinners there. Food was always good and the staff friendly and well versed on DDP which helped keep things going. Love Tonga Toast.

Volcano pool was terrific. I loved the slide as much as DD and went down it a lot. We went to the pool almost every day of the nine we were there. I think the only day we missed was the day Andrea passed through. Yes, the pool is extremely busy but you can at least grab a lounger on the beach. If you want to get a table and chair it's difficult. We arrived one morning at 9:30 am and we were only able to grab one in the bar area which was fine. If this is important to you be prepared that it may not always be an option.

Take time to enjoy Wishes and EWP from the beach. We loved it and due to weather we were only able to do it once but would have done it more.

Bus service was mostly okay. On SWW we had the DHS bus fill up and had to wait for the next. There were three AK busses before the next DHS came back which filled and left a crowd waiting. I think it's not rocket science to know SWW is busy so I thought it was a fail not to have done a better job with that. All told it was 40 minutes at the bus stop waiting that day.

Monorails are wonderful. There were about 5 separate days where the monorails weren't working during our trip due to, "electrical issues," but we just jumped on a bus or boat.

Boat service was okay but not our preferred mode of transportation. The resort boats can get hot and don't offer full shade. We waited at the GF dock for about 10 minutes one day in the still, hot air because they couldn't leave until the boat left the Poly dock. Again, not the preferred mode so it wasn't horrible.

Kona Cafe and Ohana were great. We ate breakfast and dinner at Ohana and dinner at Kona. Service and the food was terrific. It was wonderful to be able to walk over to eat there from the long house. We always visit these restaurants and the time we saved was great and if I put a dollar sign on my time it makes the room cost not so striking.

Loved Boutiki. Next to World of Disney this is our favorite store on site.

Be warned, in torrential rain the pathways flood. On two separate days we found standing water greater than 8 inches. And once the sandals got sucked off my feet. On these unique days we figured out running through the grass was the way to go.

That's all I can think of. Let me know if you have thoughts/questions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for your report. Glad you had a great stay and loved the resort .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #3499
jcjen519
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
JCJen, my kids are all toddlers. 3,4 & 6. As little as they are they come w/ alot of "baggage"!!
I‘m sure! we only have one and he seems to have more stuff then my husband and I combined! i think you will be fine in the one room
__________________

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #3500
The_Princess's_Mommy
Mouseketeer
 
The_Princess's_Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington, NJ
Posts: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
You're right, you go into a longhouse, & ground level is easy to get to. I wouldn't worry about snakes. We've never had an issue nor have we've seen any there, lots of lizards though & ducks.

Thank you! Looks like I will be requesting a ground floor!
__________________

Poly/POFQ - July 2013, Pop w/besties - Feb 2013, FREE DINING! WL Cabins - Dec 2012, FREE DINING! AoA LM -Sept/Oct 2012, FREE DINING! Pop Sept/Oct 2011, Quick 4 day Kidani trip Aug 2011, FREE DINING! Pop August 2010, First extended family trip! - All Star Sports - June 2009, All Star Sports - Jan 2009, FREE DINING!, Wilderness Lodge - August 2008, FREE DINING! POFQ - Sept 2007, AKL & POFQ Jan 2007, Off site (Frist WDW trip!!!) June 2004
The_Princess's_Mommy is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #3501
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer
 
frankieeyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 267

Hi all!!

Staying at the Poly for the first time this July! Can't wait!!

If I wanted to make rope drop at DHS what time do you suggest we leave the room? Trying to work out bus length times etc and it's all very confusing!!

Thanks!
frankieeyre is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #3502
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieeyre View Post
Hi all!!

Staying at the Poly for the first time this July! Can't wait!!

If I wanted to make rope drop at DHS what time do you suggest we leave the room? Trying to work out bus length times etc and it's all very confusing!!

Thanks!
We usually get to the bus stop 1 hour before rope drop and haven't missed one yet.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #3503
jtaylor3404
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 4

Joffrey's coffee is in Captain Cooks! It looks brewed and is definitely stronger.
jtaylor3404 is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #3504
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran
 
Ferrentinos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor3404 View Post
Joffrey's coffee is in Captain Cooks! It looks brewed and is definitely stronger.
Wow!!!!! So excited! I wonder if its in the lounge now in Hawaii too?!?!?!
__________________
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #3505
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Wow!!!!! So excited! I wonder if its in the lounge now in Hawaii too?!?!?!
When I was there in April and May 26th they still had the coffee machine with push buttons.
trishadono is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #3506
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
We finished an 8 night sat at the Poly on Sunday, June 9. We had a wonderful stay and loved the resort. Here's a summary of my thoughts on the resort.

We didn't request a longhouse instead opting for requesting only a balcony or patio. We were assigned Rapa Nui 3106 which is on the third floor, mid-building. We loved the location because after long days it was so close to the TTC and bus stop. What a blessing. I timed the walk to the Great Ceremonial House six times and at a leisurely pace it was always between 3 minutes 30 to 50 seconds.

Loved Cap'n Cooks and ate several breakfast, lunch and dinners there. Food was always good and the staff friendly and well versed on DDP which helped keep things going. Love Tonga Toast.

Volcano pool was terrific. I loved the slide as much as DD and went down it a lot. We went to the pool almost every day of the nine we were there. I think the only day we missed was the day Andrea passed through. Yes, the pool is extremely busy but you can at least grab a lounger on the beach. If you want to get a table and chair it's difficult. We arrived one morning at 9:30 am and we were only able to grab one in the bar area which was fine. If this is important to you be prepared that it may not always be an option.

Take time to enjoy Wishes and EWP from the beach. We loved it and due to weather we were only able to do it once but would have done it more.

Bus service was mostly okay. On SWW we had the DHS bus fill up and had to wait for the next. There were three AK busses before the next DHS came back which filled and left a crowd waiting. I think it's not rocket science to know SWW is busy so I thought it was a fail not to have done a better job with that. All told it was 40 minutes at the bus stop waiting that day.

Monorails are wonderful. There were about 5 separate days where the monorails weren't working during our trip due to, "electrical issues," but we just jumped on a bus or boat.

Boat service was okay but not our preferred mode of transportation. The resort boats can get hot and don't offer full shade. We waited at the GF dock for about 10 minutes one day in the still, hot air because they couldn't leave until the boat left the Poly dock. Again, not the preferred mode so it wasn't horrible.

Kona Cafe and Ohana were great. We ate breakfast and dinner at Ohana and dinner at Kona. Service and the food was terrific. It was wonderful to be able to walk over to eat there from the long house. We always visit these restaurants and the time we saved was great and if I put a dollar sign on my time it makes the room cost not so striking.

Loved Boutiki. Next to World of Disney this is our favorite store on site.

Be warned, in torrential rain the pathways flood. On two separate days we found standing water greater than 8 inches. And once the sandals got sucked off my feet. On these unique days we figured out running through the grass was the way to go.

That's all I can think of. Let me know if you have thoughts/questions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for posting your detailed review. Keeping my fingers crossed for our trip in November for dry weather and a working Monorail since I have to use a scooter and 8 inches of standing water on a pathway could leave me stranded

It s our first time staying at the Poly or any of the monorail resorts so a working monorail would be nice, I am not fond of loading the ECV onto the buses.

Looking forward to watching the EWP & Wishes from the Poly beach.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #3507
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieeyre View Post
Hi all!!

Staying at the Poly for the first time this July! Can't wait!!
Have a great trip.....you're going to love the Poly .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #3508
jtaylor3404
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono
When I was there in April and May 26th they still had the coffee machine with push buttons.
It was Nescafe yesterday.
jtaylor3404 is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #3509
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran
 
Ferrentinos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
When I was there in April and May 26th they still had the coffee machine with push buttons.
It looks like joffery's just made its way to CC - just wondering if things changed over in Hawaii too!
__________________
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #3510
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran
 
Ferrentinos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor3404 View Post

It was Nescafe yesterday.
Oh well.... Guess not!
__________________
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: