Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I don't think it is extremely rare for someone to want to pay cash (or use another form of payment other than credit card) at a Disney resort. We do it all the time. Others prefer to use gift cards or debit cards.
Not really relevant to this thread, but I still disagree. Just because you do something doesn't mean that alot of people do it. I think it is rare in this day and age for someone to be paying at a resort of anykind with cash. You have a habit of wording your opinion like it his fact on this Forum. Reality is neither one of us has factual statistics to back up our opinions, so they will remain opinions.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

There isn't a requirement that you have to submit payment info in order to do online check in. The potential is for the convenience of the "guest."

I bypassed the option during our last trip, and handed over my debit card when I got up to the desk for final payment and room charge. I don't think the charge posted until a few days into the trip.

I actually don't remember a final payment portion during the online check-in process, only a portion where you can add a card for room charge. The page was glitchy before my trip, so I opted to skip it.

Honestly, I doubt we'll do online check-in again, because there's no real benefit for us, and under normal circumstances, I'd probably be holding up the line.

OP - It's definitely odd that they would charge you before arrival, but I wonder if it's in the fine print of the Online Check-In terms and conditions somewhere.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw

Not really relevant to this thread, but I still disagree. Just because you do something doesn't mean that alot of people do it. I think it is rare in this day and age for someone to be paying at a resort of anykind with cash. You have a habit of wording your opinion like it his fact on this Forum. Reality is neither one of us has factual statistics to back up our opinions, so they will remain opinions.
I think that a lot of people do pay.with gift cards for Disney. I get gc's for fuel rewards and as a savings tool for our WDW trips. I also receive them as gifts since all my friends and family know its a safe bet lol.

I would never use cash but gc's I think are pretty common for Disney which is why I don't do online check in for room only if I want to use gift cards to pay that balance.

No idea how common but I sure do see a lot of disboarders making mention of using gc's to pay for rooms and pkgs on threads.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
I think that a lot of people do pay.with gift cards for Disney. I get gc's for fuel rewards and as a savings tool for our WDW trips. I also receive them as gifts since all my friends and family know its a safe bet lol.

I would never use cash but gc's I think are pretty common for Disney which is why I don't do online check in for room only if I want to use gift cards to pay that balance.

No idea how common but I sure do see a lot of disboarders making mention of using gc's to pay for rooms and pkgs on threads.
You are probably right about the gift cards. I just don't think too many people are pulling a wad of bills out of their pocket when they check-in...lol
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw

You are probably right about the gift cards. I just don't think too many people are pulling a wad of bills out of their pocket when they check-in...lol
I agree!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #21
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Which was why I said in my post: cash or another form of payment other than credit card. If you re read my post you will see that I specifically mentioned debit cards and gift cards as well. If you also do a search for similar threads on this forum, you will see, as Amy&Dan have stated, that many Disboarders have frequently stated a preference for not using credit cards for payment of either their resort or their KTTW charges. I rarely state opinion as fact, if I can help it.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #22
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I am here now.. When I arrived, I expected an $83 balance because I had that ... But they said zero was due.. They had charged my debit card Sunday morning for the $83. Not a big deal to me, but I can see how it would be if you were splitting the room.
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

This is why we pay everything with a CC and then pay it off even before the bill is due. There are more protections and with the Disney card you earn rewards. We also had both of our debit card numbers stolen last year. Luckily Walmart called to confirm the purchase of a $500 TV being shipped to Florida. Otherwise I would not have known that quickly.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
isaboo
Mouseketeer

We use our debit card for most things but for any kind of travel we use a credit card. There's just too many things that can happen and I want to be able to dispute erroneous charges.

isaboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: