Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
julie4423
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewysmom View Post
I'm so glad to see this! Last year our ds was NOT happy with the kids menu. So I just fudge his birth year? He's 8.
Yes! I couldn't believe it was that easy, but the CM I talked to said just put him down as 10.
julie4423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to add we did this last trip as our oldest who is 10 was on the adult DDP and his twin brothers who are 8 was not going to be happy with their horrid kids nuggets while he ate steak lol!!!
Not to mention those desserts haha,
So all I did was call up and tell them they had the ages down wrong and made them all 10!

It was the best decision ever! The boys was in their element, and love the food.
It was even better as at most TS places and QS places the twins would share as although they love good food it was way too much, because they shared the tip price was lower ( we are a family of 6 when we go and so auto tip can get expensive with 6 Adult credits ) " that's a slight down side as usually you would pay the tip based on the kids priced meal!

Anyway's because they shared DH and I did 2 signatures on our own as we had the spare credits and we did a few extra meals too with the kids Due to them sharing the credits, we never night breakfast either as we used the 1 child's QS meals that he didn't use

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #18
dandave
The more I travel, the more I appreciate coming home.

I did that back when my younger son was 9, and he'll be 17 in Sept. I came right out and asked the CM taking my reservation, since the whole Dining Plan was fairly new back then. She said it was totally up to me, and it worked beautifully!

WDW Visits: June '96 Offsite,June '97 Offsite, Oct '97 SOG,May '00 Offsite/AS Sports,Jan '01 Wyndham/Poly/AS Music,May '01 Dolphin/AKL , Aug '01 PO-FQ, Dec '01 BWV,Aug '02 WL, Aug '02 BC,Oct '02 WL, Jan/Feb '04 PC, May'04 SOG, Oct/Nov '04 PC and SOG, Jan '06 SOG, May '06 CSR, Sept/Oct '06 AS Music, Sept '07 PC , Jan '08 AS Sports, Feb '08 POFQ, June '08 OKW, Aug '08 BCV, AS Sports March/April '09, June '10 SSR, July '11 OKW , March '12 PC and SOG , July '12 AKL , Sept '12 AofA Nemo , June '13 OKW

Universal Orlando Visits: March 2006 RPR, May '07 RPR CL
dandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
disneyhopeful2010
Earning My Ears

I have our vacation booked for October. I saw a thread a few weeks ago and tried to call and change my dd age to 10 (actually it wasn't much of a stretch since she turns 10 at end of Oct) The person I talked to said I couldn't change her age (because we have pin for fd), do you think I should call back and speak to another. She will not be happy if she is eating chicken nuggets and her sister (2 yrs older) is eating steak

How do I need to approach it other than saying "I need to change my daughters age?"
disneyhopeful2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
PrincessCooper's Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhopeful2010
I have our vacation booked for October. I saw a thread a few weeks ago and tried to call and change my dd age to 10 (actually it wasn't much of a stretch since she turns 10 at end of Oct) The person I talked to said I couldn't change her age (because we have pin for fd), do you think I should call back and speak to another. She will not be happy if she is eating chicken nuggets and her sister (2 yrs older) is eating steak

How do I need to approach it other than saying "I need to change my daughters age?"
Yes call back.
We are booked under free dining and the CM I got did it with no problems.
PrincessCooper's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Is there any risk that if you do this then your child's age in the Disney system will preclude him/her from getting the kid's price on dining if you go back and dining isn't free the next trip? not sure that makes sense.

Eg.:

DS is 7 and for free dining Sept 2013 you have him listed as 10 and get the adult plan. You go next year when he's 8 and no free dining but you want him to have the kids Disney dining price. Would that be a problem? I just ask because I know they took all our information and birth dates and we are definitely in the Mickey system. Just curious. Sounds like a really good deal.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #22
Dani C
DIS Veteran

I am actually a bit surprised that they allow it during free dining. It encourages people to list their small children as adults and utilize their credits while just paying OOP for kids meals.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #23
Tigger1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
Is there any risk that if you do this then your child's age in the Disney system will preclude him/her from getting the kid's price on dining if you go back and dining isn't free the next trip? not sure that makes sense.

Eg.:

DS is 7 and for free dining Sept 2013 you have him listed as 10 and get the adult plan. You go next year when he's 8 and no free dining but you want him to have the kids Disney dining price. Would that be a problem? I just ask because I know they took all our information and birth dates and we are definitely in the Mickey system. Just curious. Sounds like a really good deal.
If you wanted your child to have adult meal at 7 why would you not want them to have it when they are older?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #24
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post

If you wanted your child to have adult meal at 7 why would you not want them to have it when they are older?
In this case I was assuming you want them to have an adult meal plan when it's free dining but you may not want to pay for the adult meal on another trip when the dining plan is not free. There is a significant price difference on the dining plan btw Disney adults and Disney children when paying for the dining plan. It's a no brainer to upgrade them during free dining if Disney will let you as it's very little extra money.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post

Eg.:

No. They won't argue with you about it. Just say my son 'whatever' is 8 when you book the next time. People's ages are constantly wrong and being changed. No big deal.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C View Post
I am actually a bit surprised that they allow it during free dining. It encourages people to list their small children as adults and utilize their credits while just paying OOP for kids meals.
The cost they're losing out on in food prices is outweighed by the higher amount of rooms/tickets booked.

There aren't a huge amount of people upgrading their kids.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

No. They won't argue with you about it. Just say my son 'whatever' is 8 when you book the next time. People's ages are constantly wrong and being changed. No big deal.
Good to know. I figured Disney tried to keep good track of it so they can make sure and ding you for the extra room cost when your kid gets to be 18 (I think that's the age) and any other extra charges that rely on age. Seems crazy not to upgrade your kid then. Like a pp said I'm a little surprised Disney allows people to so this. I understand that some people truly want their kids to be able to order off the regular menu but I imagine others use the extra credits for signatures and pay oop for the kids meals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: