Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #16
catho72
DIS Veteran

Location. Location. Location.

Beaches and Cream!

Stormalong Bay!

Beaches and Cream!

Did I mention Beaches and Cream? The Kitchen Sink is fabulous! Getting one is a must-do for our family on each trip. We have yet to finish one. :

Our kids would rather swim at SAB than go into the parks. It's seriously that cool of a pool! We've enjoyed many meals from Hurricane Hannah's and now that they've refurbed it, we can't wait to try their new offerings. I just thought of a tip that hasn't been mentioned yet....,if you are on the dining plan, you get a dessert with your meal. If you choose ice cream as your dessert you are able to come back later (like an hour or so) and pick it up so it doesn't melt. Bring your receipt with you when you go back for it. A melted Mickey ice cream bar is NOT delicious! This tip is only good at HH.....not WDW-wide

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #17
wdwfan
Sometimes I prefer to keep my own council

We love the Yacht Club! We love the location between 2 parks and of course relaxing at Stormalong Bay! Love having park hoppers so we can walk on over to Epcot and watch the British Revolution in the English garden with a cool beverage. So much fun! Enjoy your stay!
2001-Boardwalk;2002-Beach Club Villas & Dolphin;2003-Yacht Club Concierge & Portofino Bay;2004-Boardwalk Concierge Deluxe & Portofino Bay;2005-BWV;2005-Boardwalk Concierge & CSR;2006-Wilderness Lodge;2006-Animal Kingdom Lodge;2007-Beach Club;2007-Beach Club Villas and the Wonder
Oct. 31-Nov. 7, 2009- Western Caribbean on the Magic August 2010 Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level;
Yacht Club - Club Level Sept. 2012; Yacht Club - Club Level Aug. 2013 ; Aug. 2014 Yacht Club-Club Level/Portofino Bay Resort Disney's Dream July1, 2015

wdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #18
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappermont

Thanks so much, sndral!! Did you try Picabu in the Swolphin? I'm curious about that!
As a frequent dolphin guest, I can confirm picabu is great for getting relatively quick a la carte breakfast that can be as simple as a banana and yogurt, up to full eggs/waffles/etc, but based on our most recent stay at bc a few weeks ago, if staying at yc and trying to get going to parks, etc in morning, may be a bit of an inconvenience to walk all the way over there (not so far, but is further than bc marketplace, and certainly further than ale and compass or captains grille at yc). The only exception is if walking to dhs, picabu "sort of" on the way. Picabu is also open 24 hours, and even when at disney, I often have work calls, etc at crazy times, so if needed sustenance and bc marketplace closed (although is open until 11), was able to run over there. (Obviously much quicker when at dolphin itself). Picabu is also "fine" for lunch/dinner, but if at yc, really would be shame to eat there rather than walking over to boardwalk or even go other direction for (reasonably) authentic foreign food. One other hint re breakfast, although cape may buffet is pretty good food, and has fun characters, etc, those same characters make reservations hard to get, long waits if a walkup, and meal can take awhile, so if want "real" breakfast experience but a bit less involved, captains grille at yc (where you are staying) is fairly quick service - and often (always?) also have buffet that is essentially as quick as you want to walk, choose and eat. To answer your other questions, sab has lots of kids, but also lots of adults, and quiet pools at yc and bc are also both nice "regular" pools in their own right, and a more relaxed vibe.
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I just thought of a tip that hasn't been mentioned yet....,if you are on the dining plan, you get a dessert with your meal. If you choose ice cream as your dessert you are able to come back later (like an hour or so) and pick it up so it doesn't melt. Bring your receipt with you when you go back for it. A melted Mickey ice cream bar is NOT delicious! This tip is only good at HH.....not WDW-wide

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That IS a great tip!!!

I experienced this at the All Star Movies, too. You could get your dessert later. I wonder if that would also work if you get a meal at the Marketplace, too- They have grab and go sushi, sandwiches, flatbreads so if you order a meal using a dining credit, I would assume you could come back for a Mickey Bar or some packaged gelato later.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #20
Sappermont
DIS Veteran

Wow! Thank you all for the awesome tips and information about Picabu!! I appreciate it!!!!

YC!!!!

I'm excited for the SAB slide!!

Thanks again for all the awesome tips, everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: