Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #46
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I understand why people want Carsland, but I don't. I like the ideas of each of the parks having something special that isn't available elsewhere. Carsland should be DCA's special thing.

I'd much rather have Star Wars, or general Pixar, or both. I think dedicating a lot of real estate to Carsland when you could dedicate the same are to general Pixar theming would be a shame. Give me a Monster's Inc door coaster.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
I understand why people want Carsland, but I don't. I like the ideas of each of the parks having something special that isn't available elsewhere. Carsland should be DCA's special thing.

I'd much rather have Star Wars, or general Pixar, or both. I think dedicating a lot of real estate to Carsland when you could dedicate the same are to general Pixar theming would be a shame. Give me a Monster's Inc door coaster.
I generally agree with you about each park having something special, but I am selfishly saying I want CarsLand because my whole family LOVES it and we go to WDW much more often that DLR.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #48
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
what is it about the rides, attractions, and restaurants specifically that you dont like about the new avatar land that you pray it gets scrapped?

whats wrong with the e ticket that you dont like?
If they wanted to do a little section of MGM, and dedicate that to Avatar, I'd be fine. It would be interesting to see how the FX are done. Maybe even a stage show akin to the Indiana Jones show. But it doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. Are we going to see 1 of those 6 legged rhino things at Rafiki's Planet Watch?

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #49
MinervaMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:

100% agreed. I'm not the biggest Pixar or Star Wars fan, but I think it will be a unique experience as opposed to just bringing an idea from the west.

I also feel the same way about WoC. Don't bring the same show to WDW! I would like to see similar technology incorporated into something new at WDW.

MinervaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #50
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Annoyed with this post. Firstly, this is not 'confirmed'--there is no link to a press release or video of a conference with Disney execs. Secondly, the show is called 'Lights, Motors, Action!'. How are we supposed to take this stuff seriously if the people who have the supposed 'evidence' don't even know what the show is actually called?

We've been over this on previous threads. If you have tangible, citable evidence from verified sources and you wish for people to discuss as such, you can say 'confirmed'. If you have word of mouth from a CM, a bus driver, or anyone for that matter, you have no right to put 'confirmed' in your thread and mislead people.

It's harsh, but it's true.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #51
cmash95
a princess at heart

I happen to know someone who actually works at light motors action and they are definitely still employed. as far as carsland goes... there is plenty of realestate if you cancel the backlot tour and put it in there. However carsland is just a copy of test track themed to cars so we really don't need it in florida.
september 2006- carnival miracle
may 2008 - disney magic reposition through panama canal
December 2009 - disney magic eastern with stop in st croix.
August 2010 - disney wonder 5 day castaway cay
june 2011- dinsey dream 5 day castaway cay
june 2012- Disney fantasy 7 day eastern
cmash95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #52
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmash95 View Post
I happen to know someone who actually works at light motors action and they are definitely still employed. as far as carsland goes... there is plenty of realestate if you cancel the backlot tour and put it in there. However carsland is just a copy of test track themed to cars so we really don't need it in florida.
Cars Land is more than just the one ride, but calling it a copy of Test Track is a bit like calling the Snow White Mine Coaster a copy of Barnstormer - yes, the same (or at least refined) technology is used, but it isn't just rebuilding the same thing built in two places (unlike Dinosaur/Indiana Jones, which is a reskin of the same layout)
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #53
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
DHS needs major attention asap so this is great news if true. Its a very boring place with only a few attractions there worth the time.
Animal Kingdom is more boring than DHS, and "Avatarland" will do absolutely nothing to change that.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #54
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

i didnt' bother to read this thing yet...

can somebody point me to the part where there is a disney press release confirming this...which validates the "heard it form a fellow CM" genesis?

or can i get back to my martini?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #55
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

can somebody point me to the part where there is a disney press release confirming this...which validates the "heard it form a fellow CM" genesis?

Don't read it. Martini takes priority.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #56
Michael623
WDW 40 trips, DL 10 trips, DLP 2 trips, Currently WDW AP holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

Good luck finding the press release. This is as "confirmed" as Disney opening a park in Texas, Louisiana, Brazil, Australia, New Jersey........
Michael623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #57
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaMouse View Post
100% agreed. I'm not the biggest Pixar or Star Wars fan, but I think it will be a unique experience as opposed to just bringing an idea from the west.

I also feel the same way about WoC. Don't bring the same show to WDW! I would like to see similar technology incorporated into something new at WDW.

I know a lot of people subscribe to this line of thinking, but I don't. As someone who lives on the east coast, I don't know when - or more importantly, if - I'll ever get out to Disneyland. So if there is a quality attraction/show/experience out there that they want to bring to WDW....I'm all for it.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #58
Mickeywdw1254
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic

While I'm not saying it is "confirmed", you don't necessarily need a press release to know if changes are coming and what those changes might be. Case in point, there were many rumors and "confirmations" that Universal was building a second phase of HPW at Universal Studios looooong before their recent "press release" and even before they broke ground on construction. As a matter of fact, rumors (substantiated with pretty good facts/evidence) started about the second phase of HPW in late 2011.
Mickeywdw1254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #59
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
I know a lot of people subscribe to this line of thinking, but I don't. As someone who lives on the east coast, I don't know when - or more importantly, if - I'll ever get out to Disneyland. So if there is a quality attraction/show/experience out there that they want to bring to WDW....I'm all for it.
Let me put it this way. What everyone wants is Radiator Springs Racers, which is a variation on Test Track (from what I've read). Why not have RSR in a Pixar land with new attractions instead of duplicating the whole of Carsland?
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #60
The Duck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeywdw1254 View Post
While I'm not saying it is "confirmed", you don't necessarily need a press release to know if changes are coming and what those changes might be. Case in point, there were many rumors and "confirmations" that Universal was building a second phase of HPW at Universal Studios looooong before their recent "press release" and even before they broke ground on construction. As a matter of fact, rumors (substantiated with pretty good facts/evidence) started about the second phase of HPW in late 2011.
We're splitting hairs here. Something is only "confirmed" when an official press release comes out. Everything else is hearsay. Regardless of any facts/evidence that doesn't mean anything until an official story is published.

I can throw facts and random evidence together to prove almost anything. When your thread title's first word shouts of "confirmation" and then you lead with some CM grapevine mumbo jumbo like every other rumor ever, don't expect people to take you 100% serious. I see "confirmed" and expect a news story.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: