Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #196
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post

I like my servers...but not like BFFs
Ido not know the names of any of my servers . Or any CM's on any of my cruises
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #197
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I brought a BOX of wine to the dining room to share with my table mates.
Hilarious. That's a great confession.

Ever notice how it keeps coming and coming? I keep thinking "The box is done" but nope!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #198
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy327 View Post
I ummm.. 1. Got a DCL logo tattooed on my ancle. :D 2. go to guest services and load up on DCL pens and luggage tags.
Wait...there are luggage tags??
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #199
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post

It would work on this man.
Good to know, hon! I always wanted to try concierge.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #200
fairfax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57
did they give out candy or something healthy and peanut-free?
It was candy--mostly good stuff too
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #201
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
I skipped all the shows.
And I didn't make lifelong friends with my servers.
Don't judge.
Hum...I'm wondering if it is a confession or not that two of my FB friends are previous CMs (one of our servers and one of the merchandise hosts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy327 View Post
So while onboard we were going to castaway cay. We ate breakfast and ( I love orange juice) got a cup of juice in one of the buffet cups. the ones that are clear and have Mickey heads in them. pit a lid on it and walked down to the beach with yummy oj in hand. put it in my day bag an forgot it was in there. Low and behold, i came he with a DCL cup from beach blanket buffet.
What I would love to have accidentally slip into my bag are the children's plates at the buffet (the divided ones with the DCL logo around the edges). I would love to use those for dinner every night Not for my kids...for ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post
What I'm afraid to admit (and I think I already did on this thread) is that I remember all our servers names and I good amount of Merchandise Host's names. But I have some great memories (in the form of Magical Moments certificates) that I have received from them. And I always go looking in the shops right away when we get on board to see if any of the same ones are there
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #202
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Ok, after reading and with all of the other confessions I must now add mine:
Having been on 7 DCLs I have done as previous mentioned:
Brought on booze, sometimes lots, used plastic cups to take drinks to the pools and dinner.
Taken a collection of H2O products home - DW does put them in boxes for kids, in Haiti, at Christmas.

New confessions:
Left the ship with more booze, than I brought on. Won some in drawings, given some as a stateroom gift, and what we purchased on the islands.
Made up a name to give to the announcers as I arrive on the ship to get a laugh out of the CMs standing around clapping.
Was mooned by a passing boat (several people) while in port at PC.

Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introed on that cruise.
Thank you to all the good people that are running in the terminal, for the continued laughs.

Do NOT splash in the water! - At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

If you are looking for more confessions/shameful secrets from WDW, checkout this link to the Adults and Solos board:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1765130
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #203
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
Brought on booze, sometimes lots, used plastic cups to take drinks to the pools and dinner.
Taken a collection of H2O products home - DW does put them in boxes for kids, in Haiti, at Christmas.

New confessions:
Left the ship with more booze, than I brought on. Won some in drawings, given some as a stateroom gift, and what we purchased on the islands.
Made up a name to give to the announcers as I arrive on the ship to get a laugh out of the CMs standing around clapping.

Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introed on that cruise.
Thank you to all the good people that are running in the terminal, for the continued laughs.

Do NOT splash in the water! - At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

If you are looking for more confessions/shameful secrets from WDW, checkout this link to the Adults and Solos board:
sh, sh, sh, did you say SHARK?
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #204
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post

Cool! I'm not the only one... I have never started a personal relationship with our servers... the shame!!! LOL!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #205
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Both and !!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #206
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post

Cool! I'm not the only one... I have never started a personal relationship with our servers... the shame!!! LOL!!!
Neither did we when we went on the cruise 30 years ago. (Obviously not DCL) He was great and all, but it's not like we exchanged holiday cards or anything. (And we had him for the whole cruise. I guess really the unique thing with DCL is the rotation thing? Because we certainly had the same server for that entire cruise in the same restaurant.)
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #207
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:

New confessions:

I wonder if my husband would jump between me and a shark....
Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #208
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
I wonder if my husband would jump between me and a shark....
It's opposite for me. Would I even yell to him....(Hmmm $2 mill life ins. policy, hmmm, next year a suite) jk. Just having fun.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #209
bethann77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

It's opposite for me. Would I even yell to him....(Hmmm $2 mill life ins. policy, hmmm, next year a suite) jk. Just having fun.
Love it!!
bethann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #210
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

Two weeks ago on the Transatlantic I went back to my room in the middle of the day, door was open and the host was cleaning the bathroom. I was beat so went in and laid on the bed anyway, host walked into the main room, and OMG THAT'S NOT MY HOST and OM friggin G that isn't my stuff on the dresser. I was in the wrong room! Accidentally got off the elevator at 7 instead of 6 and just made myself at home on their bed. As I was rushing out I told the host "this never happened, we will never speak of it again".

I also was on the elevator when it stopped mid-trip to let more people on. It was a family with two SCREAMING kids (one was flailing and kicking too). I acted like I got confused and hit the door closed button instead of door open one. My 5 year old was super judge-y on that one and I do admit feeling bad now but they were LOUD and I had 5 more floors to go.
gotomu212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: