Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #121
m2m09
Earning My Ears

My mom got one sometime last week when she was away (she is in MA) but the dates we are going had no availability for POR or POFQ. We could have got two rooms at CBR but different sections and we want adjoining rooms so my parents can watch the kids one night for us. We were so bummed but are hoping for the public FD promotion! The CM told me that if they do come out with a promo they will open a new block of rooms at the resorts. Not sure if that is true but my fingers are crossed!

m2m09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #122
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone

Thanks so much this will help out if we decide to go to FW this year.
You seem to be in the know. Any ideas on when rates for 2014 will appear? package with free dinning? And normally is there FD in January? and when will we be able to book? Lots of questions
Oh yes I want to know this too! I have a friend going in Jan and she wants me to help her plan but you can only call and book rooms right now. You can't price anything online

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #123
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2m09 View Post
My mom got one sometime last week when she was away (she is in MA) but the dates we are going had no availability for POR or POFQ. We could have got two rooms at CBR but different sections and we want adjoining rooms so my parents can watch the kids one night for us. We were so bummed but are hoping for the public FD promotion! The CM told me that if they do come out with a promo they will open a new block of rooms at the resorts. Not sure if that is true but my fingers are crossed!
That is true. Even when they open offers to Disney Visa holders first, they will then open up more rooms when an offer goes to GP. Good luck!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #124
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

[QUOTE=babydoll65;48648258]How long are you going for?, maybe you can do a room only on the 8-9-10 and start your pkg on the 11th. At least you could get some free dining.[/QUOTE

I thought about that, I am going to do the math and see how it will work out
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #125
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitRinny View Post
Oh yes I want to know this too! I have a friend going in Jan and she wants me to help her plan but you can only call and book rooms right now. You can't price anything online
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
Thanks so much this will help out if we decide to go to FW this year.
You seem to be in the know. Any ideas on when rates for 2014 will appear? package with free dinning? And normally is there FD in January? and when will we be able to book? Lots of questions
Joe I believe mentioned these earlier, but RO and packages were released for booking on July 11 last year. The year before was on June 10 for RO and June 12 for packages. In 2011, RO was released July 18 and packages August 8. So sometime in July most likely.

Here is the historical background for deals in January. In 2010, there was "get 7 nights for price of 4." In 2011, RO discounts and Free dining. In 2012, RO discounts and free dining. Last year were RO discounts.

Edit: When the 2014 rates are released they are usually ready for immediate booking. However, there has been some 1-3 day variance of being able to book online verses phone.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-11-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #126
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaFemme View Post
Oh, this would be AWESOME!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you so much Danny!!!!!!!

Glad you found us and we will keep our fingers crossed for you!!!

I am sure he is very appreciative of your thanks, but I think you mean Black/Joe?

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-11-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #127
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Those of you traveling to WDW this summer, especially August people who were hoping for a discount, might want to check out chip and co website.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #128
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Glad you found us and we will keep our fingers crossed for you!!!

I am sure he is very appreciative of your thanks, but I think you mean Black/Joe?
Yea. That had me confused for a minute.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #129
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Joe, I noticed in your update of the first post you said the Aug dates will most likely not be included. Are you still giving me hope?
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #130
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Those of you traveling to WDW this summer, especially August people who were hoping for a discount, might want to check out chip and co website.

So, what's the word? Is there something going on for the last week in August?????
Old 06-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #131
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post
GAH! My job's firewalls won't let me enter that website - does it have bad stuff on it?

So, what's the word? Is there something going on for the last week in August?????
It's a Disney blog site; nothing bad. One of their sponsors, a Disney authorized travel agency, was authorized by Disney to offer a up to 30% discount on rooms AND packages, plus a set of free mouse ears for all kids, for the rest of June, all July and all of August. Do not know if package includes just room and tickets; possibly dining too?

Oh, and book by June 14

Old 06-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #132
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's a Disney blog site; nothing bad. One of their sponsors, a Disney authorized travel agency, was authorized by Disney to offer a up to 30% discount on rooms AND packages, plus a set of free mouse ears for all kids, for the rest of June, all July and all of August. Do not know if package includes just room and tickets; possibly dining too?

Oh, and book by June 14
Wow - that's a much better discount than room only! Thanks for the tip!! Off to check it out...
Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #133
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade to regular dining from quick service?
Earth Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #134
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Mama View Post
Does anyone know the cost to upgrade to regular dining?
It's $18 for adults.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #135
KarenP
So try closing your eyes for a while
She was the only decent person left in the house

Quote:

Oh, and book by June 14
I think that offer can be booked through Disney directly or any travel agency through June 14, minus the mouse ears.
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: