Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
petunia
DIS Veteran

booking/payment-kinda-question

So I have made my final deposit, but did not pay for the ddp as I wasn't sure of my dates give or take a day and was told as long as I'm adding to my total I wouldn't pay a penalty. I was going to do that tomorrow, as our arrival date is the 28th, however we had a family emergency, and now I'm not even sure what the status of our vacation will be. Can I still add the ddp/make date changes up to 3 days prior arrival or 2 weeks without penalty, as I've heard both?
petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You can add it, but any changes made within 14 days before check-in, you will pay a $15.00 fee whether you add or delete something to your package.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
petunia
DIS Veteran

So $15 even if I'm changing the dates by a day or two?
petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Cobern
DIS Veteran

I was told that as long as the price doesn't decrease you won't be charged a penalty buy if it decreases you do have to pay a penalty (I thought the guy said $50, but I could be wrong).
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petunia View Post
So $15 even if I'm changing the dates by a day or two?
Yes, if the change is made 14 days or less prior to arrival there is a $15 fee. The DDP must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
I was told that as long as the price doesn't decrease you won't be charged a penalty buy if it decreases you do have to pay a penalty (I thought the guy said $50, but I could be wrong).
This correct, however, as Missytara posted, any changes made 14 days or less prior to arrival, there is a $15 fee regardless of what it does to the total cost. This is a new fee that was started I think last year.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by petunia View Post
I was going to do that tomorrow, as our arrival date is the 28th, however we had a family emergency, and now I'm not even sure what the status of our vacation will be
Call Disney. In the event of family emergencies, they're normally pretty understanding when it comes to transferring/moving/changing reservation details. If it's something that you can "prove" (IE doctors note, obituary, birth/death certificate, hospice letter, letter from adoption agency, etc) it definitely helps.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: