Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #3106
swimfly
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess
Well, we did it! We surprised our kids on the last day of school this week- and we told them we are going to Disney this month! It was thee most awesome and magical surprise I have ever planned! ( I can't believe we kept it a secret for so long- I'm so proud of myself! LOL)

I decorated our dining room in Mickey Mouse colored crepe paper, made a big sign, and when I woke them up I told them I had a special last day of school breakfast planned (I made mickey pancakes, and had Donald duck OJ!), and I told them to come downstairs together....

My husband told me when they were on their way, so when he gave me the signal, I began to play "When you Wish Upon a Star"...when they walked into the dining room for their breakfast that morning, I said, "G an R, today is your last day of school, what are you going to do next?!?!" and my daughter yelled, "We're going to Disney World!" (meanwhile my son who is 7 is laughing not realizing what is happening) and I say, "WE ARE! WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD"!!! My daughter , who is 11, breaks down into tears, saying, "We are??? We're going to Disney???" It was thee most awesome moment EV-ER!!!! My son yells, "Did we win the lottery or something???"

I took video and need to find a way to share! It was probably one of the most awesome moments I have ever experienced being a parent. Everyone (besides my silly 7 year old LOL) was crying! It was great! I am so happy I went above and beyond to make it a special surprise!

The kids were so excited to go to school and tell all their friends and teachers about their big surprise, and now we are counting down the days until we go!

Grand Floridian- See Ya Real Soon!!!
So awesome! Luvit.
__________________

swimfly is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #3107
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Well, we did it! We surprised our kids on the last day of school this week- and we told them we are going to Disney this month! It was thee most awesome and magical surprise I have ever planned! ( I can't believe we kept it a secret for so long- I'm so proud of myself! LOL)

I decorated our dining room in Mickey Mouse colored crepe paper, made a big sign, and when I woke them up I told them I had a special last day of school breakfast planned (I made mickey pancakes, and had Donald duck OJ!), and I told them to come downstairs together....

My husband told me when they were on their way, so when he gave me the signal, I began to play "When you Wish Upon a Star"...when they walked into the dining room for their breakfast that morning, I said, "G an R, today is your last day of school, what are you going to do next?!?!" and my daughter yelled, "We're going to Disney World!" (meanwhile my son who is 7 is laughing not realizing what is happening) and I say, "WE ARE! WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD"!!! My daughter , who is 11, breaks down into tears, saying, "We are??? We're going to Disney???" It was thee most awesome moment EV-ER!!!! My son yells, "Did we win the lottery or something???"

I took video and need to find a way to share! It was probably one of the most awesome moments I have ever experienced being a parent. Everyone (besides my silly 7 year old LOL) was crying! It was great! I am so happy I went above and beyond to make it a special surprise!

The kids were so excited to go to school and tell all their friends and teachers about their big surprise, and now we are counting down the days until we go!

Grand Floridian- See Ya Real Soon!!!
That is awesome !!! Have a great trip.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #3108
MommyGina
DIS Veteran
 
MommyGina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 913

MagicPrincess - That brought tears to my eyes! It is so fun to see the excitement in your children no matter how old they are and how many times they have been to Disney when they find out that a trip has been booked. Even now my children, almost a senior in high school and almost a sophomore in high school, are getting excited for our upcoming trip. (Their last day of school is June 21.)

Enjoy every second of your planning and upcoming trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Safe travels!
__________________
DH , Me , DS (18) , DD (16)
MommyGina is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #3109
Syndrome
Who's super now?
 
Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 915

Any construction updates ?

Just considering a stay at GF for our stay in late July, beg. of August. We have visited the GF many many times, but have never stayed as of yet. Is the DVC construction anything that should be considered as a deal breaker if we want to stay at GF ? Anyone have any up to date construction pictures to see how far along they are with it ?
We dont want to deal with all kinds of construction equipt noise while we are on vacation. How is the noise factor ?
The 30% off room only rates are great, and the only downfall for us right now may be the "under construction" factor. Should we be worried about it ? We are even thinking of reserving in the Sugarloaf CL building so we will be guaranteed to be away from any construction............sound like a good plan ?

Thanks for any tips !

Syndrome
__________________

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, GFV,
HHI, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #3110
MommyGina
DIS Veteran
 
MommyGina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 913

We stayed in SL last year and didn't hear any noise from construction. The court yard pool construction is finished. So if you have either a marina view or pool view, you shouldn't see or hear any construction going on nearby.

I contacted the IPO office a few weeks back and asked if the beach pool was open. The response was yes! However, I don't know if the waterslide is operational at this time. IPO also indicated that the walls are not down as of yet due to construction.
__________________
DH , Me , DS (18) , DD (16)
MommyGina is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #3111
Syndrome
Who's super now?
 
Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
We stayed in SL last year and didn't hear any noise from construction. The court yard pool construction is finished. So if you have either a marina view or pool view, you shouldn't see or hear any construction going on nearby.

I contacted the IPO office a few weeks back and asked if the beach pool was open. The response was yes! However, I don't know if the waterslide is operational at this time. IPO also indicated that the walls are not down as of yet due to construction.
Thanks for the info. We just bit the bullet and reserved a standard room in SL. We dont arrive until late July, so by then most everything should be fine. The only issue right now, from what I can tell, is that there are some walls up over by the beach area ? But there is still some access to the beach ? Are those the only walls everyone is talking about ........ limited to th beach area by the DVC construction?

Anyone have any current pics of the construction. Last time we were in WDW was October and the GF DVC was only a shell of a building with no walls up yet.

Thanks !

Syndrome
__________________

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, GFV,
HHI, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #3112
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Well, we did it! We surprised our kids on the last day of school this week- and we told them we are going to Disney this month! It was thee most awesome and magical surprise I have ever planned! ( I can't believe we kept it a secret for so long- I'm so proud of myself! LOL)

I decorated our dining room in Mickey Mouse colored crepe paper, made a big sign, and when I woke them up I told them I had a special last day of school breakfast planned (I made mickey pancakes, and had Donald duck OJ!), and I told them to come downstairs together....

My husband told me when they were on their way, so when he gave me the signal, I began to play "When you Wish Upon a Star"...when they walked into the dining room for their breakfast that morning, I said, "G an R, today is your last day of school, what are you going to do next?!?!" and my daughter yelled, "We're going to Disney World!" (meanwhile my son who is 7 is laughing not realizing what is happening) and I say, "WE ARE! WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD"!!! My daughter , who is 11, breaks down into tears, saying, "We are??? We're going to Disney???" It was thee most awesome moment EV-ER!!!! My son yells, "Did we win the lottery or something???"

I took video and need to find a way to share! It was probably one of the most awesome moments I have ever experienced being a parent. Everyone (besides my silly 7 year old LOL) was crying! It was great! I am so happy I went above and beyond to make it a special surprise!

The kids were so excited to go to school and tell all their friends and teachers about their big surprise, and now we are counting down the days until we go!

Grand Floridian- See Ya Real Soon!!!
What a great story!!!! My eyes were teared up as I read! Have a wonderful trip!
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #3113
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home
 
Sfmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA
Posts: 174

Gratuituous photo of the day.

__________________
Sfmarine is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #3114
Syndrome
Who's super now?
 
Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 915

GF Birthday !?!

Hey,
I was wondering, since the GF is celebrating her 25th birthday this month ( June 28, 1988 grand opening ?) is there going to be any special things going on? Anyone hear anything?

Syndrome
__________________

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, GFV,
HHI, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #3115
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
MagicPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Hey,
I was wondering, since the GF is celebrating her 25th birthday this month ( June 28, 1988 grand opening ?) is there going to be any special things going on? Anyone hear anything?

Syndrome
OOOH! I don't know, but I will let you know- we will be there that day!
__________________
Wildnerness Lodge March 2004

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
MagicPrincess is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #3116
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,388

best building for tpv

i would like an outer building, non cl, boca chica or conch key? i am having a hard time finding balcony pics from boca chica?
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #3117
johnsonet
DIS Veteran
 
johnsonet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 5,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
i would like an outer building, non cl, boca chica or conch key? i am having a hard time finding balcony pics from boca chica?
Been a long time since I've had a TPV from either of those bldgs but here is MK view from Conch Key w/ no zoom:



Castle is in center of photo. Dock is to the right. Very convenient location. Small bldg.

Boca Chica is large bldg, great location. Similar views but not as "dead-on"
More like this (this is with zoom )

johnsonet is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #3118
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Been a long time since I've had a TPV from either of those bldgs but here is MK view from Conch Key w/ no zoom:



Castle is in center of photo. Dock is to the right. Very convenient location. Small bldg.

Boca Chica is large bldg, great location. Similar views but not as "dead-on"
More like this (this is with zoom )

Hey thanks for the quick response!! Is that first shot a first floor? Was that you patio? Love it! We had first floor at the poly last time by the water and the kids loved it. Once more thanks for the info!
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #3119
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home
 
Sfmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA
Posts: 174

That's a great vantage point for Wishes.
__________________
Sfmarine is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #3120
johnsonet
DIS Veteran
 
johnsonet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 5,460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Hey thanks for the quick response!! Is that first shot a first floor? Was that you patio? Love it! We had first floor at the poly last time by the water and the kids loved it. Once more thanks for the info!
You're welcome.
Yes, we had a beautiful 2-bedroom suite that trip. That was in late 2005 and is the only time we've ever stayed in Conch. Isn't that patio incredible? The furniture will have been updated by now but here's another shot:



Anyway, I would request Conch Key (call and have request added to your res. Online check-in requests have not been effective for me.)

BTW, I've had a first floor patio at the Polynesian and loved it. But we were near the quiet pool. On the water would be really awesome
johnsonet is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: