Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Whyowhy116
Earning My Ears

I am already booked for 7 nights at WL on a pin code. The plan was to drive and arrive in Orlando on Friday late afternoon (16+ hr drive). We would get a inexpensive room, then roll into WL early sat morning to check-in and a full day in parks. ( returning later in day when room is ready) we arent doing parks on friday- just recouping after the long drive. After looking at rates, we think we want to stay in a value resort for 1 night. Costs are comparable or cheaper when off site resort fees and parking are added in... If I add on a " room only" night at the front of my trip, will I need to go thru rebooking the remainder of the trip? What about my pin? Will I pay increased tix prices for the remainder of my stay because I modified my original ressie? Would it be easier to just book a separate stay for that first night and not mess with the original ressie? Either way we will have to go to WL on sat morning because we will need to move car, so it really isn't a big deal to do check in for the full week on sat morning. Can someone tell me how this will be handled (trip is partially paid for)? Any pros/cons in this line of thinking? Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Whyowhy116; 06-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Whyowhy116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Mr. Pig
I picked Monorail Coral so that it won't be lonely

You would need to book a separate stay for the one day room only, especially if it is not in the same resort as the rest of the trip. You won't be able to use the pin code but it would mean you don't touch your original package.

The cons are that you would have to do another down payment. Otherwise a single day at the beginning of the trip is something a lot of people do.
In between - Too many times to count
Mr. Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Yep, just call and make a totally separate reservation. If there is a discount code out there, use it. You'll need to pay for the night upfront (room-only stays require a first night deposit, but since you're only staying one night, you'll pay the whole thing.) If you don't have the cash to do that at the moment, and don't care *which* value you stay in, you could probably wait until pretty close to trip time to book it. Just be aware discount rates do book up.

If it helps, Disney will transfer your luggage from one resort to the other for you. That way you could drive straight to the parks on your first day, then go check in at you leisure.

HTH
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Whyowhy116
Earning My Ears

Thanks! That all makes sense. I figured a separate ressie was the simple way to accomplish this. Off to the discount boards I go! My son likes the look of ASM, and it appears to be one of the least expensive options. As long as it has AC and a pool an a pillow I'm all set! Thanks again!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyowhy116 View Post
Thanks! That all makes sense. I figured a separate ressie was the simple way to accomplish this. Off to the discount boards I go! My son likes the look of ASM, and it appears to be one of the least expensive options. As long as it has AC and a pool an a pillow I'm all set! Thanks again!
Not sure what kind of PIN you have, but if it's for a room discount and hasn't expired, you can use that for the room only reservation, provided there is availability at the resort you want. Good luck and have a great trip.....the WL is one of our favorite resorts .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
homedad
DIS Veteran

I did something similar but just booked one day at a value through expedia and then we head over to BLT the next morning for a week.
homedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
Whyowhy116
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by homedad View Post
I did something similar but just booked one day at a value through expedia and then we head over to BLT the next morning for a week.
If you don't mind me asking - how did the rates compare to booking directly? Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: