Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #1396
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

We decided to check out It’s a Small World. I do like this ride and Claire loves it. I know some are not as thrilled, but this is one that brings back memories from my first trip in 1974.
As you can see, it is VERY crowded today.





I can’t remember the wait, but I am thinking it was around 30 minutes posted. I think it moved faster though, but still a long wait for this ride.



We did make it to a boat eventually and it was nice to sit and relax. I took several pictures, but I didn’t have a good lens for dark rides with me, so most came out pretty blurry. Here is a few of the better ones. Next time I go, I have a new lens to try. I can’t wait.













There were a LOT of boats running today and we actually came to a stop about ¾ of the way through the ride and then it was stop and go from there on.

One nice thing we saw was the clock doors opened when we arrived back. I think I have only seen this a few times and I was excited about that.



We didn’t have enough time to do anything else major at this point, so we just wandered a bit.





We browsed a few stores.









These guys were all over the place looking for a free meal.



I think he is giving me the evil eye.



I then took a look at Claire’s hair and decided she really needed it to be brushed before the appointment, but I had not packed a brush in my bag. I am sure Gail had one, but I just decided to go buy one for Claire. We browsed around the Castle Couture and Claire picked a Rapunzel brush and we then went to work on her mop and got it nice and smooth.

We then headed to the castle to meet up with Gail. Originally I had made this appointment for Sunday (the next day) after Gail and the family had left. I also made it for DTD since we had not been to the location yet. I did it for that day because I didn’t want to cause any controversy with the girls. Soon after I made the appointment Gail told me that Alexis had one request and that was to go to BBB, so I changed our appointment and made one for all 3 girls on this day at the Castle. We were really unsure what Abby would do. Abby hates anything in her hair or people doing anything to her hair. But we also knew she would be upset not to be included. When I made the appointment I let them know that we were unsure if she would sit, but at the very least we figured she would let them gel and pixie dust her hair.

Soon family members started showing up. We had many who were interested in seeing the girls become princesses.

Imagine my surprise when Gail showed up and this was in Abby’s hair.





Abby had just found this headband and just had to have it. Gail said she doubled checked with her over and over, making sure she knew it went on her head and she wanted it and she purchased it with her own money.



She looked so darn cute in it and we all gave her compliments.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #1397
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

The smile on Abby's face is priceless. Her face is just lit up. I hope BBB goes well!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #1398
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,824

Cortlyn STILL loves her Cinderella Princess ears from our trip in 2010! Catie loves them, too! Wish I had known then that I was having a girl… I should bought TWO! I do love those ears though! VERY cute!!!

One day, I would love to do that week where it goes from Halloween to Christmas… but I have a feeling that will be YEARS away for us…
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina
Magical DIStractions

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #1399
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran
 
Kathy Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 5,245

I'm so glad you didn't get sick that would have been horrible.

Not only do I not like to reuse wash cloths, I don't like them at all. If you think about it all they are doing is taking dirt from one part of your body and smearing it all over the rest of you

The back pack baby picture was so funny. When I first saw it I thought someone was actually carrying their baby in the back pack.

Abby looks so happy in her ears. I can't wait to see how she reacts to the makeover.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #1400
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The smile on Abby's face is priceless. Her face is just lit up. I hope BBB goes well!
She is such a cutey. This whole trip was so magical for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Cortlyn STILL loves her Cinderella Princess ears from our trip in 2010! Catie loves them, too! Wish I had known then that I was having a girl… I should bought TWO! I do love those ears though! VERY cute!!!

One day, I would love to do that week where it goes from Halloween to Christmas… but I have a feeling that will be YEARS away for us…
She looked so cute in her ears. We were shocked that she actually wanted them.

It was such a great experience to do 2 parties on the same trip.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #1401
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I'm so glad you didn't get sick that would have been horrible.

Not only do I not like to reuse wash cloths, I don't like them at all. If you think about it all they are doing is taking dirt from one part of your body and smearing it all over the rest of you

The back pack baby picture was so funny. When I first saw it I thought someone was actually carrying their baby in the back pack.

Abby looks so happy in her ears. I can't wait to see how she reacts to the makeover.
I often use 2 wash clothes for that very reason.

That baby backpack thing was hilarious. I had to take a 2nd look too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #1402
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!
 
Lovemy3babes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN -- 1,638 miles from WDW -- too far
Posts: 3,747

I love Small World too!! I know it get flack but I adore it.

Abby looks so proud with her pretty ears! I can't wait to see how BBB goes.
__________________
Kelli, mom to four awesome kids! (14, 13, 10 & 7)
Nov '06: Pop Nov '08: POFQ Dec '09: OKW Sept '10: AsMo Oct '12: POR

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #1403
udflyer00
Mouseketeer
 
udflyer00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 357

What is the story with the Sword these days?? I remember back in the day Merlin used to come out and there was a little 5-10 minute show as they had kids try to pull the sword, but I haven't seen that in quite a few visits. However as with Claire all our kids give it a pull as they walk by. Does it still "release" periodically/randomly, or are the kids all pulling the sword for nothing? Either way I'm sure my kids will still pull on the sword, but I'm curious now...
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
Mark , Molly , Eric , Haley , Luke , & Emily
OKW Members since 2004 and loving every minute of it!!
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #1404
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Oooh, I'm wondering how Abby is going to handle BBB. She does look quite excited and pretty already with those cute little ears on.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #1405
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

Magic Kingdom really looks amazing with all the Christmas decorations. I am another person who loves It's A Small World, but I prefer the Disneyland version even though I was up in arms when I first heard that they were adding Disney characters. Abby looks so precious with her ears.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #1406
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I love Small World too!! I know it get flack but I adore it.

Abby looks so proud with her pretty ears! I can't wait to see how BBB goes.
Usually I am with Claire so I don't get any slack, and Skip even seems to enjoy it too. Though he does do a lot of things for his daughters enjoyment. But after going to tiki birds last year, I don't think he'll be back to that ....nor me if I can help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
What is the story with the Sword these days?? I remember back in the day Merlin used to come out and there was a little 5-10 minute show as they had kids try to pull the sword, but I haven't seen that in quite a few visits. However as with Claire all our kids give it a pull as they walk by. Does it still "release" periodically/randomly, or are the kids all pulling the sword for nothing? Either way I'm sure my kids will still pull on the sword, but I'm curious now...
I think they make a little to do and give them a certificate, but I am pretty sure Merlin is no longer involved. I think it's just casts members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oooh, I'm wondering how Abby is going to handle BBB. She does look quite excited and pretty already with those cute little ears on.
We all wondered too. She can be stubborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Magic Kingdom really looks amazing with all the Christmas decorations. I am another person who loves It's A Small World, but I prefer the Disneyland version even though I was up in arms when I first heard that they were adding Disney characters. Abby looks so precious with her ears.

Corinna
It was so beautiful to see all the decorations. I honestly think that was my favorite time of year to visit for that reason. The crowds I could do without though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1407
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

My granddaughter pulled the sword out & I've seen a couple of other kids pull the sword out also. No CMs acknowledged this occurrence or gave out any certificates. I don't think they do anything about anymore.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #1408
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer
 
SigalTchelet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 328

Don't leave us hanging, Jen! We all want to see how the girls look after their BBB appointment!!! :D :D :D
__________________

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011


SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #1409
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,673

Love the update!
We like to ride IASW too. Little to no line and you can sit and rest. I never get the song out of my head for quite a while though.

I cannot believe Abby was wearing those ears! Now I cannot wait how she did at BBB.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #1410
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
My granddaughter pulled the sword out & I've seen a couple of other kids pull the sword out also. No CMs acknowledged this occurrence or gave out any certificates. I don't think they do anything about anymore.
Well that sucks. I know Brooks sone pulled it out and Tim's daughter did once too. I'll have to ask if anything special happened when they did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Don't leave us hanging, Jen! We all want to see how the girls look after their BBB appointment!!! :D :D :D
LOL. I am slowly working on it. I haven't had a lot of time to work on pictures and I do want to get them all done and do one big BBB update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the update!
We like to ride IASW too. Little to no line and you can sit and rest. I never get the song out of my head for quite a while though.

I cannot believe Abby was wearing those ears! Now I cannot wait how she did at BBB.
Thanks.

Abby is adorable in those ears. She still puts them on at home too. It's sop surprising as she won't allow any hair pretties at all.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: