Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Best Christmas touring?

If we have a day off during our November trip I think I would like to tour a few resorts to see the Christmas decorations. What are your top 3 resorts for Xmas touring and why? Thanks!
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybump View Post
If we have a day off during our November trip I think I would like to tour a few resorts to see the Christmas decorations. What are your top 3 resorts for Xmas touring and why? Thanks!
All of the resorts have great decorations, but our favorites during the holidays are the WL, followed by the GF, then BC/YC/BWI. The WL has a cozy feeling with the huge fireplace surrounded by rocking chairs in the center of the lobby; the GF is gorgeous with a gingerbread house; the BC/YC/BWI are decorated nicely with chocolate carousels.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 02:53 AM   #3
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Depending on when you are going in November, the resorts might not be decorated. When we were at WL a few years ago, they didn't start decorating the resort until the Thursday before Thanksgiving.
One of our favorite resorts to visit to see Christmas decorations is Ft Wilderness (the campground). I think a few of those staying at the campsites are trying to outdo the Osborne lights.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

This is how I do it...head to MK, then over to CR. Boat to WL, boat back to CR and monorail to the GF. Back to MK. Bus to the Epcot resorts....BW first then walk to S/D, YC/BC. Those are the biggies.
If you want, and have time, head to a park and then bus to AKL and Kidani. The moderates are also nice to see!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

This year we will be trying out the "sleigh" ride at FW to see the holiday lights. I've heard FW is some of the best decorations. We will also see GF, Poly, WL, and BC/YC.

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

WL is my number one favorite followed by GF

AKL was the only resort that had characters in holiday attire for photos when we went over Christmas. I don't know if that's the norm or not but they had Donald and Daisy in the lobby

excited to see BC decorated this year. Missed that one the last time we were there over the holidays

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Sorry, forgot to mention our dates: 11/17-24, and our touring day would likely be the 20th. Love the responses so far!
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

You'll definitely be able to see Disney in all its X-mas Glory. They will be set up by the 20th. I never saw the decorations at WL but you can't miss the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: