Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Studio vs. 1 bedroom

We're in the beginning stages of planning our next trip to Disney in December 2014. We are planning on renting points and doing a split stay at 2 deluxe resorts but we aren't entirely sure which ones yet. I just started looking at points calculators to get an idea of where we might be staying and the costs, but that is not my question...

The trip is just going to be myself, my DH, and our son will be almost 2.5 at the time. Do we need a studio or a 1 bedroom? DH and I have stayed in standard rooms at AKL and WL before. Is a studio comparable to a standard deluxe room space wise? I know we don't *need* a one bedroom for just the three of us, but if it is that small then I think we would be cramped. Does the 1 bedroom have more than 1 bathroom? Does the studio include a washer/dryer? I know I've seen this information somewhere before but I can't seem to find it right now.

My parents have expressed interest in going with us. If that is the case, would 4 adults and a baby fit comfortably in a 1 bedroom? I'm not banking on them being along for the trip, just trying to get organized with the details in case they surprise us and don't bail this time!

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
We're in the beginning stages of planning our next trip to Disney in December 2014. We are planning on renting points and doing a split stay at 2 deluxe resorts but we aren't entirely sure which ones yet. I just started looking at points calculators to get an idea of where we might be staying and the costs, but that is not my question...

The trip is just going to be myself, my DH, and our son will be almost 2.5 at the time. Do we need a studio or a 1 bedroom? DH and I have stayed in standard rooms at AKL and WL before. Is a studio comparable to a standard deluxe room space wise? I know we don't *need* a one bedroom for just the three of us, but if it is that small then I think we would be cramped. Does the 1 bedroom have more than 1 bathroom? Does the studio include a washer/dryer? I know I've seen this information somewhere before but I can't seem to find it right now.

My parents have expressed interest in going with us. If that is the case, would 4 adults and a baby fit comfortably in a 1 bedroom? I'm not banking on them being along for the trip, just trying to get organized with the details in case they surprise us and don't bail this time!
A studio has a queen bed and a double sofabed except for OKW which has 2 queens. Should be fine for 2 adults and a small child.

A 1 bedroom has a king in the master, queen sofabed in the living room, some also have a sleeper chair (twin size). Problem if you bring your parents is who gets the sofabed? I would get 2 studios or a 2 bedroom.
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The studio does not have a washer and dryer in the villa. There is a laundry room that you can use. Know, too, that if you "rent points" you get limited housekeeping. If you stay seven nights or less, you get your trash removed and towels replaced on day four. In a studio you will get four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths. If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four, and trash and towel service on day eight. On day 12, the cycle repeats. If you need more towels or suppies, you will pay for them. No just requesting extras.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
DVCismyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

BLT and AKL Kidani 1 bedrooms have 2 baths. All 1 bedrooms have washer/dryers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: