Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #61
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Joe,

It looks like I am out of luck on FD this year, I check in 11/8. Do you think there is any possibility of any discount during that time, even room only maybe? It is the end of Jersey Week, but people there for that will be checking out close to my check in date.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #62
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thank you, Disneyfantotheend!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #63
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post

Thank you, Disneyfantotheend!
Your welcome! Good luck and let us know if you get a highly coveted pin!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #64
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
Joe,

It looks like I am out of luck on FD this year, I check in 11/8. Do you think there is any possibility of any discount during that time, even room only maybe? It is the end of Jersey Week, but people there for that will be checking out close to my check in date.

Thanks!!!
I don't know anything about future discounts, but 11/8-11/11 is Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. It's also the last weekend of the food and wine festival at EPCOT. Plus, it's a holiday weekend. That is why free dining is blacked out until 11/11.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #65
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
I don't know anything about future discounts, but 11/8-11/11 is the Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. Hence no free dining.
Do you think they may offer a room only discount or just nothing?
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #66
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
Do you think they may offer a room only discount or just nothing?
I honestly have no idea.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #67
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
I honestly have no idea.
I am doubtful, but the money saver in me keeps hoping something will be offered lol.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #68
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Called to check for a PIN, nothing... I asked the CM if he had heard any rumors about public or visa offers, he said he heard something may be coming but it is more likely a room only discount rather than free dining but didn't think my dates would be included (12/18 - 12/24). He also said that if the free dining went public it would not overlap the dates of the PIN offer. So I would be out of luck if that were true too. Ugh, this is so frustrating.
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #69
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
Called to check for a PIN, nothing... I asked the CM if he had heard any rumors about public or visa offers, he said he heard something may be coming but it is more likely a room only discount rather than free dining but didn't think my dates would be included (12/18 - 12/24). He also said that if the free dining went public it would not overlap the dates of the PIN offer. So I would be out of luck if that were true too. Ugh, this is so frustrating.
I wouldn't believe the CM completely. So many CM's have said SO many conflicting things about the Fall offers. Don't sweat it yet.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #70
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Ok - I called and no pins

The cast member told me it would be a good idea to book for my dates as she stressed a few times that the quoted price would not be my final price. She very strongly suggested something was coming out and soon.

So I am up in the air as to what to do. I guess I will shop around for flights and if I find a good one I will book that and then just book Disney next.
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #71
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Your welcome! Good luck and let us know if you get a highly coveted pin!
You bet I will!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #72
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
Ok - I called and no pins

The cast member told me it would be a good idea to book for my dates as she stressed a few times that the quoted price would not be my final price. She very strongly suggested something was coming out and soon.

So I am up in the air as to what to do. I guess I will shop around for flights and if I find a good one I will book that and then just book Disney next.
My husband wants me to add 2 days to our trip but I just do not want to spend the additional money unless we can get a discount. I do not want to miss out on dining reservations if we do decide to go the 2 extra days so I feel like I should book and maybe cancel if no discounts become available but that means delaying flight purchase! So I am up in the air too. Who knew booking a vacation could be so stressful. Good news is the CM I spoke with was very nice and was sorry there was not a pin attached to me and said I could keep calling. I told him I did not want to keep bugging them and he said it is absolutely no problem to keep checking. That made me feel a tiny bit better.
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #73
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Sorry that neither of you had a pin. I would not put a whole lot of faith into anything the cms tell you. Many were saying that NO free dining would be offered this year, and we all know that did not pan out. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I truly do not feel confident about it at all as of yet. Maybe when something more concrete is released. Right now it is basically, it could be released but dates can be removed, so what dates? My dates? Your dates? Both of our dates? We will have no idea until it is actually here. Sadly that is sounding like August.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #74
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
You bet I will!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #75
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Sorry that neither of you had a pin. I would not put a whole lot of faith into anything the cms tell you. Many were saying that NO free dining would be offered this year, and we all know that did not pan out. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I truly do not feel confident about it at all as of yet. Maybe when something more concrete is released. Right now it is basically, it could be released but dates can be removed, so what dates? My dates? Your dates? Both of our dates? We will have no idea until it is actually here. Sadly that is sounding like August.
I can add to that to never put 100% faith in what anyone tells you, as each and every single leak has had elements that were completely wrong. To date, nobody has been 100% on every detail, be it wrong dates, wrong room/resort info, etc... I hated that so many were banking on LM rooms to be included in free dining and they were not.

Don't take it to the bank until it's official.

One other thing, there are many more sources of the same information and they sometimes get overlooked. The September free dining information was actually leaked 3 days earlier than it was here, by some lady in South America. Nobody paid her any attention and in fact she was right on everything she said....kinda sad.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: