Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

I would move to a MK resort for the last 3 nights. The least expensive would be WL, and that would not be a step down like POR.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #17
nansmama
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and ideas. I'm finding it all helpful. Still thinking on what we want to do. Tonight I tried to reserve at least our first 7 nights at BCV but the system hung on me, so now I have to wait just to make sure I don't get charged before I try to book again. I tried to call but they don't deal with reservations after 11PM and I was on hold until after then, oops. Not having great luck with this vacay so far, LOL.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I would either move someplace new on those last nights or find a whole new place.

Love both OKW and SSR.

I also love POR, in fact its my favorite resort and to me its not at a downgrade from a deluxe. However, a one bedroom to any hotel room is a big difference. So I'd stick with a one bedroom but I would not do more than one move.

Good luck!

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #19
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I would second the idea of checking into BWV. I've stayed at both BCV and BWV, and they are very similar in decor and size. I actually prefer the BWV location because the transportation is right at the resort (instead of having to walk to YC to get to the studios), and you are still walking distance to both parks if you would rather not take the boat. You also have a chance at a half decent view at BWV (there are no good views at BCV, in my opinion).

I usually just stay in whichever one of them I can get into for the best price - that's how similar they are.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #20
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

If you have to go to the trouble of packing up and moving I would definitely recommend trying out a different area. You could get a 1 bedroom at BLT or WLV or try ALK. We are splitting our next stay between Poly and BC to take advantage of two great locations.

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #21
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and ideas. I'm finding it all helpful. Still thinking on what we want to do. Tonight I tried to reserve at least our first 7 nights at BCV but the system hung on me, so now I have to wait just to make sure I don't get charged before I try to book again. I tried to call but they don't deal with reservations after 11PM and I was on hold until after then, oops. Not having great luck with this vacay so far, LOL.
Sounds like you're doing a cash reservation thru CRO, not going thru DVC at all.

Since you're not looking at studios, I'm guessing that you will have a lot of kitchen stuff to pack up. I wouldn't want to have to pack it all up a second time. My choice would be to go with 7 nights at BCV and then switch to another resort villa for nights 8-11. You can keep checking back to see if your nights open up at BCV and then change your reservations if they do.

I what I would not try to do is to book nights 1-7 and 9-11 at BCV with the hope of getting night 8 at some point. That's like filling an inside straight in poker. Great if it happens but the likelihood of it happening is small.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
nansmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Sounds like you're doing a cash reservation thru CRO, not going thru DVC at all.

Since you're not looking at studios, I'm guessing that you will have a lot of kitchen stuff to pack up. I wouldn't want to have to pack it all up a second time. My choice would be to go with 7 nights at BCV and then switch to another resort villa for nights 8-11. You can keep checking back to see if your nights open up at BCV and then change your reservations if they do.

I what I would not try to do is to book nights 1-7 and 9-11 at BCV with the hope of getting night 8 at some point. That's like filling an inside straight in poker. Great if it happens but the likelihood of it happening is small.
Yes, I'm a cash customer, not DVC.

I think we may end up doing OKW again for the last nights. I definitely don't want to have to move twice. And yes, we will have fridge food, which will be the biggest issue WRT moving.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
Averie
Earning My Ears

We had the same issue last June with a 10 night stay at BCV. I think night 6 was not available, unless we wanted to book it on a cash reservation. So we kept all of our nights, booked night 6 at BWV and wait listed it. Well, it never came through and we had to move out for one night to the BWV and then back to the BCV. It was such a hassle. That was the first time we didnt get our wait list room. It also upset me that they had the room available, but only for cash. I was not forking out $450 for one night when I already pay for DVC. Doing it over again, I would have just stayed at the BWV for the remainder of my vacation.
Averie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: