Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #31
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I wish we could drive! We are about 24-26 hrs away (in NH) we are driving to NC this week which is about 14-15 hrs

Yay for the LM room!! We always end up splurging on vacation. It's vacation after all
I guess I should be thankful we have the option to drive! You are right 24-26 hours would not be doable. Have a fun time in NC!!!!!
I am super excited to be back at AOA! It is a splurge but not a ridiculous one and still within our original budget! I can't wait to try them out I think my 2 year old will flip when we shower him the Nemo pool he is a Nemo fan big time!!!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #32
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post

I guess I should be thankful we have the option to drive! You are right 24-26 hours would not be doable. Have a fun time in NC!!!!!
I am super excited to be back at AOA! It is a splurge but not a ridiculous one and still within our original budget! I can't wait to try them out I think my 2 year old will flip when we shower him the Nemo pool he is a Nemo fan big time!!!
I want to go purely for the Nemo pool!! I heard you can hear them underwater :D. Well on my journey if I find anything that helps with our ride I will let you know! (My kiddos are 4 & 2)
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #33
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

that picture of the boys is too adorable!! Handsome!!

Can you book a LM room with free dining? I didn't know you could or that is where we would be!!! Give me some insight bc now I want to switch!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #34
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
that picture of the boys is too adorable!! Handsome!!

Can you book a LM room with free dining? I didn't know you could or that is where we would be!!! Give me some insight bc now I want to switch!
No Marcie you can't... that's why it is kind of a dumb choice. But since we were staying at Pop we were paying to upgrade dining as it was and the difference was 507.00 between going to AOA LM with ddp and getting FD at Pop. Maybe not the best way of spending 500.00 bucks but we really want to be at AOA!!! Price it out and see how much it would be! I am a terrible influence! For most people it probably makes no sense but for us it is where we love!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #35
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No Marcie you can't... that's why it is kind of a dumb choice. But since we were staying at Pop we were paying to upgrade dining as it was and the difference was 507.00 between going to AOA LM with ddp and getting FD at Pop. Maybe not the best way of spending 500.00 bucks but we really want to be at AOA!!! Price it out and see how much it would be! I am a terrible influence! For most people it probably makes no sense but for us it is where we love!

Oh okay... Did you try POR or POFQ? I can attest that POFQ is wonderful.... I hate for you to have to pay more to stay somewhere and then still have to pay for food... but, I understand you wanting to stay where you know you love. As you know, we are staying at CBR and though I am getting more excited, don't know why but I just wasn't thrilled about my choice at first.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 06-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #36
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Oh okay... Did you try POR or POFQ? I can attest that POFQ is wonderful.... I hate for you to have to pay more to stay somewhere and then still have to pay for food... but, I understand you wanting to stay where you know you love. As you know, we are staying at CBR and though I am getting more excited, don't know why but I just wasn't thrilled about my choice at first.
I tried to book POR preferred to be in AB because it appealed to us! But there were none avaliable for dates. POFQ looks so nice if it were just hubby and I we would def. consider it.

I am so glad you are getting excited about CBR! You all are going to have a fantastic time! If we did CBR we would do pirate room and it is the same price for pirate room with FD as it would be for LM paying for dining! OH BOY!! I am confusing myself
Old 06-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #37
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tried to book POR preferred to be in AB because it appealed to us! But there were none avaliable for dates. POFQ looks so nice if it were just hubby and I we would def. consider it.

I am so glad you are getting excited about CBR! You all are going to have a fantastic time! If we did CBR we would do pirate room and it is the same price for pirate room with FD as it would be for LM paying for dining! OH BOY!! I am confusing myself

LOL, Well let me know what you decide. To me, Free dining is the way to go but to each their own.. I priced out what we would probably spend on food and snacks and with table services it's roughly 100.00- give or take each for four table services, ( maybe 400.00) 120.00 roughly for counter services and then drinks and snacks... YIKES... Big expense!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #38
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

haha no, you are not crazy or nutty! My Nan always had a saying to my mom, she always told her she was a creature of habit, and you feel comfy at AOA. I am happy that you switched because deep down inside I know that is what you wanted. You will have a great time, and the splash pad and pool sounds good for the kiddos, especially at their age, they will appreciate and enjoy it.

About the drive...oy, we have done it..I think this will be the 3rd time from Jersey and in all honesty it isn't bad. Just get them tons to do for the drive. Go to dollar tree, dollar spot at target, looks for clearance toys and books, and give them your findings when they start to get a little bored. A little tip I will give is to buy colored pencils NOT crayons. One melted on the seat of my car and has been there for 3 years now well at least everytime I look at it I remember our trip right? The drive there is fun, its the drive back that stinks because you are no longer excited and you never want to go home after Disney right?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #39
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
haha no, you are not crazy or nutty! My Nan always had a saying to my mom, she always told her she was a creature of habit, and you feel comfy at AOA. I am happy that you switched because deep down inside I know that is what you wanted. You will have a great time, and the splash pad and pool sounds good for the kiddos, especially at their age, they will appreciate and enjoy it.

About the drive...oy, we have done it..I think this will be the 3rd time from Jersey and in all honesty it isn't bad. Just get them tons to do for the drive. Go to dollar tree, dollar spot at target, looks for clearance toys and books, and give them your findings when they start to get a little bored. A little tip I will give is to buy colored pencils NOT crayons. One melted on the seat of my car and has been there for 3 years now well at least everytime I look at it I remember our trip right? The drive there is fun, its the drive back that stinks because you are no longer excited and you never want to go home after Disney right?
We are really happy about the switch!! We were really feeling that bit of uneasiness staying elsewhere!

Thanks about the no crayon tip!!! I think we are probably about the same length of time away as you we live in western PA! Think Pittsburgh area Go Stillers!!
Do you all do the drive straight through? My hubs is dead set on driving through the night straight through! I know he can do it. Its me and the children I am worried about!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #40
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Old 06-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #41
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

popping over to your PTR! Your family is so precious. I know what you mean about changing resorts and trying to decide if the money is worth it. We stayed at Pop our first 2 trips and loved it. Then we made the mistake of staying at 2 deluxes. We became deluxe snobs! For our first family trip I had my heart set on AoA. After pricing out one of the All Stars, I realized 2 rooms were way cheaper and switched us to All Star Sports. My heart was NOT in it. I wanted to stay at AoA! After my brother bailed on us and we pushed our trip from January to May, I convinced myself it was okay to spend the extra money on a bigger room with less people since we had more time to save. We ended up spending probably $1000 more on AoA for 3 adults than we would've stayed in 2 rooms at All Stars for 4 adults but oh well. It was worth it!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #42
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I think you must be close to us... we live about 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh.
GO RAVENS!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Great update! You are to totally crazy to have a LM room, whatever works best for you is great.

We r doing an 14 hr trip in July, I will let u know any tricks we find. I do know from flights and stuff magna doodles are great fun!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #44
Alysa
DIS Veteran

What beautiful boys you have! I'm sorry for your loss and the hard year you have had. Losing a little one is so heartbreaking.
That's fantastic that you got the rooms you want. I totally understand, if you are always wishing that you were somewhere else it would throw your whole trip off. I've heard it is fantastic and super fun and I know the boys will LOVE it!!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #45
happybelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you have any trips planned!?
Not yet, just getting ideas and hoping.
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: